Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #1
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Default Chris Lofton vs. Richard Roby

If your team had to take one of the two, who would you choose between Chris Lofton of Tennessee and Richard Roby of Colorado? To me, they're very similar players, both of which are primarily shooters and have questionable ball-handeling skills. Which would you choose and why?
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:48 AM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chris Lofton vs. Richard Roby

Roby. He's much bigger and I don't think he's as one-dimensional as you. He's very athletic an does a good bit of slashing from what I've seen. Lofton's the next JJ Reddick, he won't do anything in the NBA.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:05 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I'm not sold that Roby will even play in the NBA. If he ends up on the right team I think he could be a decent 10th man, but I am not betting the house on him. With that said, I like a lot more than Lofton. Roby at least has enough to offer beyond shooting that will give a team a reason to leave him on the court for more than certain circumstances when the team needs a 3.

Lofton is a streaky shooter. That is about it. I think he could make an NBA team if he improves his shot, but at this point I just don't think he is consistant enough to be an NBA player. He would have to be a 45% shooter to even be worth paying because he won't give you anything else.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

Richard Roby did not play much on the National Television level this maybe the reason why many people don't really know much about the way he plays. Unlike Chris Lofton who has played in the National spotlight. Roby is much more physical and can take the outside shots even though he is a bigger guy.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #5
Geriatric
Old Bum

Geriatric has decent reputationGeriatric has decent reputation

Just read an article on espn.com about how Lofton was battling testicular cancer during the summer between his remarkable junior year and his less than impressive senior campaign. He says he didn't want to distract his teammates or take the focus off of them for the season so he didn't announce his illness. Only one teammate even knew he was sick.

Explains his dropoff. The radiation treatments, surgery and the lack of any physical excercise left him 15 pounds under his playing weight and caused him to lose all of his strength. Coach Pearl offered him the option of redshirting his senior season while he recovered but he chose to play with his teammates during the season they were being touted as possible contenders.

I know that on more than one occassion I knocked the guy for not appearing to give the same effort as I was used to seeing. This explains it all. Wish him the best.
Geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:21 PM   #6
TB3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TB3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geriatric
Just read an article on espn.com about how Lofton was battling testicular cancer during the summer between his remarkable junior year and his less than impressive senior campaign. He says he didn't want to distract his teammates or take the focus off of them for the season so he didn't announce his illness. Only one teammate even knew he was sick.

Explains his dropoff. The radiation treatments, surgery and the lack of any physical excercise left him 15 pounds under his playing weight and caused him to lose all of his strength. Coach Pearl offered him the option of redshirting his senior season while he recovered but he chose to play with his teammates during the season they were being touted as possible contenders.

I know that on more than one occassion I knocked the guy for not appearing to give the same effort as I was used to seeing. This explains it all. Wish him the best.

Will he be able to return to his former form? He looks too short to stick on the court to me, unless he's a great shooter like monthh says. I don't know a lot about Richard Roby except that he can shoot well, so I can't comment on who I would rather have. From the descriptions that you guys give it appears that Roby would be the better fit in the NBA.
TB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:38 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's an amazing story on Lofton. Seriously, . Wish the kid all the best.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:35 AM   #8
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Well that changes everything. Based on his junior year he is a good shooter off the bench. He would go early in the 2nd round.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:17 AM   #9
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

i'm from colorado and i hear about roby all the time. in my opinion, he should have left college after his freshmen year. he would have gone late first round, now he's gonna be lucky to even get drafted. he looked like he was oozing with potential, but now he looks like he's destined for europe. he can shoot and he's got some athleticism, but he's just not an nba talent.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: