Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #31
JayGuevara
Hellbound

Default Re: 4/20, More Than Just a Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
i'm a big fan of bud, but all the pot smoker subculture is embarassing. 4:20, high times, etc, it's all so painfully stupid. having said that, i want to thank the great state of california for the medical marijuana laws that make it possible for a guy like me to walk into a store and come out with a couple jars of herb that was genetically engineered to kick ass. my girlfriend is outside taking bong hits of "blue dream" and i'll be having some "platinum OG" when it gets closer to laker game time. coming from a state where a joint gets you in jail, this is amazing.

While I know nothing about medical marijuana, I agree with you that all the cliche stoner **** is ridiculous.

As are the scare tactics used. Yes, there are a lot of pseudo-2008 idiot hippie kids, and other complete losers that just sit around and get high and play video games, but there's also successful people well into their 50's that are still smokin the reefer here and there.

And, coincidentally, there's a lot of idiot kids that don't do drugs and play video games/post on insidehoops.com all the time, and there's also a lot of successful people well into their 50's that don't ever get high.

Marijuana causes TWO adverse affects, the munchies and laziness. That's it.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #32
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

4/20 is a complete joke
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #33
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
While I know nothing about medical marijuana, I agree with you that all the cliche stoner **** is ridiculous.

As are the scare tactics used. Yes, there are a lot of pseudo-2008 idiot hippie kids, and other complete losers that just sit around and get high and play video games, but there's also successful people well into their 50's that are still smokin the reefer here and there.

And, coincidentally, there's a lot of idiot kids that don't do drugs and play video games/post on insidehoops.com all the time, and there's also a lot of successful people well into their 50's that don't ever get high.

Marijuana causes TWO adverse affects, the munchies and laziness. That's it.
What about the fact that its a gateway drug?
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #34
v-unit
NBA All-star

Alot of people don't realize, munchies isn't just being hungry. It's being hungry, but your taste buds are modified so much that apples taste like heavan, and cookies are god-like. Now imagine eating your already favourite food, it's amazing.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #35
JayGuevara
Hellbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq
What about the fact that its a gateway drug?

It's not a gateway drug. You should reserve the statement "What about the fact...." for things that are actually facts.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #36
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Saying marijuana is a gateway drug makes as much sense as saying alcohol or ciggarettes are gateway drugs.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #37
v-unit
NBA All-star

All the pot heads in my school are turning into shrooms. And half of the mushroom heads are trying coke now.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #38
JayGuevara
Hellbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
All the pot heads in my school are turning into shrooms. And half of the mushroom heads are trying coke now.

How you could possibly go from smokin reefer to takin mushrooms to doin coke is ridiculous in itself, as they're all VERY different highs.

Smokin weed will not make you decide to start eatin caps or doin blow. It may make you buy chronic, or smoke more of it. But people that smoke trees to get that high are gonna stay with that. Simple as that.

By smoking marijuana, you will undoubtedly meet more shady characters that can introduce you to other drugs, but saying that's a gateway to becoming strung out on heroin is like saying losing your virginity is just a gateway to becoming a grab bag of VD and having 17 kids by 18 different men/women.

Moral of the story is, kids usually try smokin weed first because it's the most accessible "drug" in most areas, and the least risk involved. If they choose to try other drugs, it's because they wanna experience different highs, not because of marijuana.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #39
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballog
ughhh wat a waste of C's tickets

what are you talking about?.. weed doesnt take away my vision, ill be fine at the game. .lol..
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #40
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

my diet is crazy right now..

i eat well, play basketball at my college gym everyday, and excersize when i am not playing ball.. and i smoke weed alot, and i am losing so much weight lol..

i havent had a taste of soda since december..
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #41
hito da god
look that way >>>>

i'm missing out this year i wish i had some bud to roll up in a fat blunt right now

last year i smoked all day, smoked an L to the face while i walked to school, smoked L's on my free periods during school, smoked after school. at night i went to an all-you-can-eat brazilian bbq and smoked all night with some hoes after that
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #42
bballog
Chamilitary Mang!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KokeAyne
Ignorant biased post.

I know plenty of people in college that are doing good and they smoke on their free time.

yeah but it doesn't change the fact that bud be turning ppl into fiends i know a kid thats goes to a college called salem state he does fine in school but he has partially turned his back on his real friends and sumtimes even takes bud over his friends it sad to see my own friend get sucked into this phase not mention its worse for ur lungs than cigarettes
bballog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #43
JayGuevara
Hellbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballog
yeah but it doesn't change the fact that bud be turning ppl into fiends i know a kid thats goes to a college called salem state he does fine in school but he has partially turned his back on his real friends and sumtimes even takes bud over his friends it sad to see my own friend get sucked into this phase not mention its worse for ur lungs than cigarettes

No it doesn't. And no it isn't.

Maybe he just doesn't like you because you say stupid things like that, and that's why he's turned his back on you, not because of any drugs.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:00 PM   #44
bballog
Chamilitary Mang!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
No it doesn't. And no it isn't.

Maybe he just doesn't like you because you say stupid things like that, and that's why he's turned his back on you, not because of any drugs.

it wasn't just me he has turned his back many friend and yes if u don't smoke it out of a bong it is worse than cigarettes ur just in denial
bballog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:05 PM   #45
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Marijuana smoke contains more tar than ciggarette smoke yes, however, pot does not have hundreds of chemicals added which cause lung cancer, so although the smoke is thicker, it is much, much less dangerous than ciggarette smoke.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: