Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Can we pretend 2006 never happened?

I want Tyson Chandler back. Watching him last night in the playoffs against Dallas... I miss him. Noah/Chandler or Chandler/Tyrus Thomas would be very fun to watch.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Can we pretend 2006 never happened?

[quote=ConanRulesNBC]I want Tyson Chandler back. Watching him last night in the playoffs against Dallas... I miss him. Noah/Chandler or Chandler/Tyrus Thomas would be very fun to watch.[/QUO

I agree with you on that. The problem with the bulls organization is that there way to quick to give up on players. Struggle one season and you get traded seems to be the trend with this team. Hopefully Tyrus or Noah can develope into something great since they have similar attributes to Chandler. That is, if they aren't traded first.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

LOL... if Paxson traded Thomas to the Hornets could you imagine that team? Thomas & Chris Paul playing together would be SICK.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
LOL... if Paxson traded Thomas to the Hornets could you imagine that team? Thomas & Chris Paul playing together would be SICK.

Any player on this team playing next to Chris Paul would be SICK. I'd even go as far to say that he's the best point gaurd in the NBA period. I'd give up the whole team lol.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:38 AM   #5
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
Any player on this team playing next to Chris Paul would be SICK. I'd even go as far to say that he's the best point gaurd in the NBA period. I'd give up the whole team lol.

What about a lineup of

C: Noah
PF: Drew Gooden
SF: Tyrus Thomas
SG: Luol Deng
PG: Chris Paul

how do you think they'd do?
Old 04-21-2008, 04:58 AM   #6
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 has decent reputationDengness9 has decent reputation

Yea i would trade Hinrich, Gordon, and Deng for CP3, and i pathetically and seriously mean that.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:15 AM   #7
tacker
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tacker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Yea i would trade Hinrich, Gordon, and Deng for CP3, and i pathetically and seriously mean that.

True I would do that as well

Larry Hughes SG (Sefolosha Back up)
Chris Paul PG (Chris Duhon Back up)
Joakim Noah C (Aaorn Gray Back up)
Drew Gooden PF (Nocioni Back up)
Tyrus Thomas SF (??????)

I still consider that one hell of a line up considering Gordon Deng and Hinrichs numbers have been down this season.
tacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #8
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
What about a lineup of

C: Noah
PF: Drew Gooden
SF: Tyrus Thomas
SG: Luol Deng
PG: Chris Paul

how do you think they'd do?

Can you say conference champs? I thought so.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #9
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Can we pretend 2006 never happened?

If you put Chris Paul on any team in the league he would make them instant contenders for the conference championship. Even the Grizzlies...can't believe I just said that.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #10
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
If you put Chris Paul on any team in the league he would make them instant contenders for the conference championship. Even the Grizzlies...can't believe I just said that.

I absolutley agree with you, he would make Tyrus Thomas look like a border line all star. Chandler didn't give us much his first five years, besides rebounds so what would make anyone think he would be as good as he is now. If we had the ideal point gaurd than maybe I'd like him back. Noah looks like a better fit on this team anyway.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
I absolutley agree with you, he would make Tyrus Thomas look like a border line all star. Chandler didn't give us much his first five years, besides rebounds so what would make anyone think he would be as good as he is now. If we had the ideal point gaurd than maybe I'd like him back. Noah looks like a better fit on this team anyway.

The problem is, if you take Chandler away from Chris Paul, what does he become? Exactly the thing that Bulls fans hated when he was playing for us. There is no way Hinrich could make Chandler look as good as CP3 does. This is why we need a dominant point guard. Our big men would be much better with someone that could penetrate, make all the passes, and take the pressure off. Not that I have anything against Kirk, because he is my favorite player on the Bulls, but he is just not the kind of PG this team needs right now.

EDIT: I just reread what you wrote, and realized I basically repeated your Chandler comments.

Last edited by Bulls_Fan20 : 04-21-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #12
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:

Dude i cant believe you just said that either lol.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #13
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style

I think in another 3 or 4 years Noah might turn out to be better than Chandler. Now I see what Paxson meant by that comment he made after he drafted him. The more I see this guy, the more I like em. And to think I truly hated his guts when he played for the Gators. When Paxson drafted him, I wanted his head on a platter. Now he's my favorite player on the team. he's the only one thats got balls.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #14
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
I think in another 3 or 4 years Noah might turn out to be better than Chandler. Now I see what Paxson meant by that comment he made after he drafted him. The more I see this guy, the more I like em. And to think I truly hated his guts when he played for the Gators. When Paxson drafted him, I wanted his head on a platter. Now he's my favorite player on the team. he's the only one thats got balls.

He did prove that he belongs in the NBA, and I think that, with 30 minutes/game, he could become a solid big man. He needs to work on his post defense, but that will come with experience.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
He did prove that he belongs in the NBA, and I think that, with 30 minutes/game, he could become a solid big man. He needs to work on his post defense, but that will come with experience.

I thought he played good post defense as well. The only time he struggled was when he had to gaurd guys like Dwight Howard, Shaq, Staudimere, etc.
But who doesn't, those guys are low post predators. He needs more muscle.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: