Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-25-2006, 09:33 PM   #31
AI09
Serious playground baller

AI09 has an OK reputation so far

Kyle Lowry

Last edited by AI09 : 06-25-2006 at 09:36 PM.
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:07 PM   #32
Tsuj10
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Tsuj10 has an OK reputation so far
Default Sleepers

I see Alexander Johnson sneaking up draft boards, is this warranted or just the result of good measurables?

I think Rondo will be solid in the pros, and he does have the potential for stardom if he improves his shot significantly. For a pass-first, pass-second PG, Rondo does not possess the court awareness of an above-average NBA PG, so I think that will limit his production as well. As for now, at least, he'll be an excellent defender/energy guy off the bench who has the potential to be a lockdown defender.

James White? Are you kidding me? He has a better future in track and field than he does in the NBA. He's a bigger waste of premier athleticism than Darius Miles was when he entered the draft.

I can't help but think that Paul Davis will be a stiff. I'm not saying that just because he's white; he's soft defensively, disappears for long stretches, and has always struck me as an underachiever.

My sleepers:

Jordan Farmar- UCLA (maybe he doesn't qualify as a sleeper, but I think he'll be the best PG in this draft.)
Mike Gansey- WVA (the guy plays hard and overachieves despite his supposed 'limitations.' He'll outwork players who are more athletic and stronger).
Joel Freeland- England
Marcus Vinicius- Brazil
Rajon Rondo- Kentucky
Daniel Gibson- Texas (Gibson plays like a lottery pick when he's focused and motivated; if he can gain confidence in a good situation, he may return to form.)
Tsuj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:27 PM   #33
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Good to see you back, Tsuj10.

Quote:
Mike Gansey- WVA (the guy plays hard and overachieves despite his supposed 'limitations.' He'll outwork players who are more athletic and stronger).
Apparently, he's impressed teams with his strength and they actually think he'll be the one overpowering opposing guards. They attributing this revelation to the fact that the always wore a big, baggy T-shirt in college. I like him too.

I like Hassan Adams, Leon Powe (though a lot of people are touting him now), and this Thabo Sefolosha as my sleepers.

And the Alexander Johnson stock climb seems warranted. He transformed his body and his supposedly one of the better big men in the draft athletically. Should go first round.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:55 PM   #34
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Darius Washington Jr. and Steve Novak.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:20 PM   #35
Unregistered

Default Shawne williams

a few of you have said him. I'm a knick fan, sadly, but how good is this guy really and how good do you think he will be on the knicks.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:49 AM   #36
Unregistered

yeh i think hassan with his athletic ability might light up the sportcenter highlights like he did with his 360 windmill layup, i dont know if you guys can remember that. he might be the next desmond mason or someone with that kind of ability. it also depends on which team he goes to if he goes to a tream like dallas who needs a 2 guard defender with athleticism (cos griffin has none) then we might see alot of hassan this season.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:09 AM   #37
Unregistered

James White. This kid will turn out to be the best player of his draft class.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:43 AM   #38
Unregistered

douby
Old 06-26-2006, 09:31 PM   #39
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

boshraptor4life has decent reputation

Denham Brown. He's a responsible player on defence, and can shoot the lights out, he'll surprise a lot of people and will be a solid role player at the worst.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:18 PM   #40
Adam land of Oz

Shannon Brown has been up and down the mock drafts. Undersized, not mentally ready, blah, blah. He'll be the next Andre Iguodala but obviously smaller. He has an explosiveness that makes him play tighter D and quicker O. Yes he will have to mature at the NBA level but 2-3 years down the line look for him to be on and contributer of an above .500% team.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:19 AM   #41
Yanks26RedSox1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Yanks26RedSox1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
James White. This kid will turn out to be the best player of his draft class.

The only reason most people have heard of James White was because of his performance in the dunk contest, which he should have won. The reason for that is it is all he can do. He cant shoot, he cant pass, he cant dribble,his defense isnt stellar, and hes not even sure that basketball is his best sport. Thats a **** ton of improvement that needs to be made is hes gonna be better than Rudy Gay, not to mention the other 32 people that will probably go in front of him
Yanks26RedSox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:25 AM   #42
The REAL Next KNICK

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

kyle lowry and allan ray
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:09 AM   #43
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Do you like Nova Knicks fan?
Old 06-27-2006, 01:16 AM   #44
The REAL Next KNICK

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

i like nova but florida gators are my favorite college team, i went to high school with taureen green
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:25 AM   #45
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

I could tell you like Nova telling me Ray and Lowry are going to be steals. What do you think about Foye? I watched him against my Huskies of UConn and he is one pain in the ass to play against. The dudes knows how to get on your nerves when your ruting for the other team and he reminds me of AI. Do you think so?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: