Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-21-2008, 02:07 AM   #1
Geandily
Local High School Star

Default Fire Karl NOW

If we fire Karl now there's still a chance we could win this series! Make Dantley or hell even Iverson would be a better coach than Karl! Please oh god I don't want to see JR sitting on the bench the entire game again
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:32 AM   #2
CAAIDN
High School Starter

Default Re: Fire Karl NOW

J.R. sparked us in 1 half and then GK puts him on the bench
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:37 AM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

you might be right

jr was the best player on the team in game 1- with klieza close behind- both of these players should play until they cant in this series

ai must move to pg, at least for this series

but strictly because of karls ego and dislike for jr- he hasnt done it all year and even if he does the right thing it may be a little late

here is what i dont understand- if you are saying melo and ai together are good and that is how you build your style- why not go all out with jr and klieza to play with them when possible? imo a fast break team is as strong as its weakest link, and to be honest your starting point gaurd is a borderline guy who would not have been in the league if not for his job with the nugs

ive been a fan of ac since his days at hawaii, and he probobly doesnt know it, but this isnt even fair to ac or his team- i honestly believe he could make a big impact as a backup pg, karl is just asking for too much

karl has CHOSEN all season long to not fully utilize the roster- for that i would assume he HAS to be fired

the nugs are so explosive with only one small guy with all the horses- imo ai needs a couple more minutes rest and needs to cover the lakers gaurds, fisher,vujacic, and farmar- and thy need to switch less or rotate way better
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:31 AM   #4
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Thank you George.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 AM   #5
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

feck george...

I hope he gets fired soon..cant the denver management realize their fans dont want george anymore???
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
Geandily
Local High School Star

Spamming refresh on The Denver Post hoping to see that Karl has been fired

Nothing yet
Old 04-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #7
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

I'd rather have a rock coaching this team than George, because with a rock, at least it won't make ridiculous/horrible substitutions during games like Karl did in game 1, particularily in the 2nd Quarter where he took Kleiza and J.R. out of the lineup when they were scorching hot, going 8-11 and combining for 20 points.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

waiting until game 2 of the playoffs to make iverson play point gaurd- total chicken-s***" coaching

the thing is you can almost see that iverson wants to give the nugs what they need, but he is just now finding out that they need him to play the point- too little too late-

the worst part,to me, is that karl plays the whole season out undercutting his own team,and then he admits in the playoffs that he has a better squad- he has better 5's to put out there he just hasnt tried using them together- they are just supposed to figure it out during the playoffs?

karl is a joke for not doing the right thing along time ago, AND for doing it too late to help, maybe-

game 1 of iverson at point gaurd- to me proved this thing is possble- ai was involved with some ball movement and covered the ball more and better than he has all season- imo he played more real point gaurd than ive ever seen from him, and there was some positive signs

still a no brainer that skill sets make jr the starter and klieza the bench mob, but im happy enough-

im just sick about always seeming to complain about iverson- but i really think this game showed signs that if iverson was told that the nugs need him to play point gaurd, he could and would do it-

puposefully not putting the best denver nugget team possible on the floor all season- all because of personal dislike for jr and being to chickens*** to tell iverson to slightly adjust his game- karl is a serious clown who has to be fired before he reaches the locker room after the nugs last game- nugs must remove the cancer that is g karl asap
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #9
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily

Nothing yet

Why do you keep on saying the same thing.. You obviously don't understand.. No NBA coach will be fired DURING the playoffs.. If Karl is to be fired it will be AFTER the season is over.
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:31 AM   #10
Geandily
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
Why do you keep on saying the same thing.. You obviously don't understand.. No NBA coach will be fired DURING the playoffs.. If Karl is to be fired it will be AFTER the season is over.

How about now?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #11
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Nothing yet

double spam refresh now
Old 04-30-2008, 03:20 AM   #12
Geandily
Local High School Star

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_9090053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Post
Tuned-out Karl should hit road

Hey, it's Stan Kroenke's money. If the billionaire owner of the Nuggets wants to pay coach George Karl for doing nothing, all we can do is watch as Denver gets rudely bumped from the NBA playoffs year after year.

Broomed 107-101 by the Los Angeles Lakers, Karl was left to explain Monday why he couldn't get it done when it mattered most for the fifth consecutive season.

Trade Allen Iverson? Give up on Carmelo Anthony? Dump the salary of Marcus Camby?

Any analysis of what's wrong with the Nuggets must start with Karl.

"He's our coach. But I think we all should be evaluated in the offseason," Nuggets vice president of player personnel Rex Chapman said. "This is the second year in a row this same crew has come up short. Everybody needs to look in the mirror."

With two years remaining on Karl's deal and an aversion to buying out contracts, Kroenke has six million reasons to rationalize the retention of his veteran coach.

But can the Nuggets really afford to keep the status quo, come back another for another NBA season with the same cast of characters and expect anybody in Denver to buy it?

"It can stay the same if your goal is to win 50 games. But I don't think that's the goal. The goal is to win a championship," Chapman said.

So something has got to change.

"I think we're a top 10 team in the NBA. But, unfortunately, there might be six teams in the Western Conference better than we are," Karl said.

Denver does not play defense. Denver does not share the basketball. But, worse of all, Denver does not listen to its coach.

The Nuggets have tuned out Karl.

And that's no secret.

You don't need to be inside the Denver locker room to know these players have stopped investing their attention in Karl. It's has been evident to anyone who has watched the playoff series on television.

While Karl preaches, his players are asleep in the pews. During breaks in the action against L.A., the Nuggets often seem more interested in getting a drink than in hearing the wisdom of their coach.

Denver leads the league in blank stares during timeouts.

Once players stop listening, is there anything left to tell a coach except goodbye?

With two all-stars in the starting lineup and one of the league's richest payrolls, why are the Nuggets such frustrating underachievers? A longtime NBA scout told me the reasons for failure are as simple as 1-2-3.

# This is not fantasy basketball.

# No accountability means no commitment.

# If a coach can't get players to listen to him in the huddle, how can he expect them to run back on defense?

The one major adjustment Karl made during the series was to bench Anthony Carter. There was one major flaw to the strategy. It forced Allen Iverson to play point guard. And everyone in the NBA knows A.I. is a scorer, not a passer.

When the organization decided it would be wiser to return to Denver between road games in California, veteran players had so little respect for Karl's authority that they complained with more passion than they sometimes show on the floor.

After a Game 2 loss in Los Angeles that Anthony called totally unacceptable, Karl called a optional practice, rather than ordering his team to work in the gym. So it was no surprise when Denver starters failed to show up.

Talk to NBA personnel who have watched Karl work for decades and they suggest maybe the coach has lost his energy to do battle with stubborn millionaires.

Ask Chapman if the Nuggets can succeed with both Anthony and Iverson trying to share a single basketball, and the answer is an emphatic yes.

Karl loves the game, as evidenced by the emotion in his voice when talking about his son, Coby, advance in the playoffs with the Lakers.

But has the fire gone out?

In the 86th game of the season, it is too late for a coach to demand respect of his players.

The easy thing to do would be to keep Karl as coach.

The hard thing is do would be to find a coach who demands commitment to winning from the opening tip to the final buzzer.

Good article on why Karl needs to go.

Quote:
"I think we're a top 10 team in the NBA. But, unfortunately, there might be six teams in the Western Conference better than we are," Karl said.

God, he doesn't even think that the Nuggets are the best team in the NBA, how are we supposed to win a championship when the coach has an attitude like that? Christ I bet he threw the series so that his son could advance

Last edited by Geandily : 04-30-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:38 AM   #13
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

any new news? i cant believe he will keep his job..

I know 50 wins since long time ago, but one should be judged with the talent around him...

karl has a team that can win nba title..yet we were nowhere near the top the whole year.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #14
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
How about now?

Doen't look like it.. All the news outlest are reporting Karl's job is safe... Well that makes me believe that we are gonna see the same things next season...

Denver post:

It appears coach George Karl will be back — it would be his call to leave —

Last edited by paguy1955 : 04-30-2008 at 11:24 AM.
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

so suffrage goes on? do we have that stupid management?

what are chances to get some quality player come this summer? artest?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: