Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default fixed lottery mock

i like many have always wondered if the lottery is fixed(and it probobly isnt)... if it is fixed they do it to try to srengthen the whole league... boston and new yorks dont have to win the lotterys... their franchises will always be goldmines and world wide recognized

here is how the fixed lottery and top 14 picks will shake out

1-milwaukee- d rose 6-4 pg memphis- how about a fit like milwukee for the shy kid from chigaco- this franchise has a potential as a world favorite pairing rose with yi and bogut

2-charlotte- m beasly 6-9 f k-state- athletic scoring foreward is perfect to be the new face of the bobcats- i could also see sacramento coming up with a miracle and landing this #2 spot

3-minnisota- b lopez 7-0 c stanford- the best fit to play alongside jefferson-maybe a couple spots early but a good choice

4-miami- a ajinca 7-1 c france- pat rileys last big(besides stepping out of the coach role again) call is the right one choosing ajinca over bayless- ajinca IS this good and solves one of 2 holes (c,pg)

5-seattle- j bayless 6-3 pg az- durant is kept happy with the someday oklahoma ???'s drafting of the arizona gaurd- also good fit even with a couple of other better prospects left

6-mempis- a randolph 6-11 sf lsu- with miller likely on the way out and wanting to keep gay at the 2/3 instead of the 3/4 the first real reach for potential comes in-

7-new york- r westbook 6-4 pg ucla- new york takes the best available player and everyone feels bad for the guy- or the spot is traded into

8-la clippers- n batum sg france- clipps narrowly choose the size and potential of batum over oj

9- chicago- d gallinari 6-10 sf italy- chicago stays with their supposed intention of getting bigger on the wings with the top international 3

10- new jersey- oj mayo 6-4 pg/sg usc- a great fit to slide to nj to add some offense and playmaking in a backcourt that may become even less crowded- would be good fit alongside devin harris

11- indiana- k love 6-10 pf ucla- bird respects a good outlet passer

12- sacramento- e gordon 6-3 indiana- gordon slides himself into a great situation in need of likely replacing one of the top 2 scorers

13- portland- s ibaka 6-10 pf congo- portland wants a pg but with none that would upgrade the spot the blazers make the right call adding the bpa-this guy added to oden and aldridge gives portland the best young threesome at pf/c to be put together in a while

14- golden state- j dorsey 6-9 pf memphisu golden state wisely chooses someone capable of stepping in immidiatly- would be able to play both pf and c in nellie's system
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Re: fixed lottery mock

.. i didnt think gordon or mayo would drop that much.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
.. i didnt think gordon or mayo would drop that much.
thank you- good point

i have mayo as top 6 and gordon top 8 overal player rankings and these are two of the guys who just slide because of the teams

seattle imo should take oj mayo at the 5 pick, but for some strange reason i see memphis missing the boat on one of the 2 and new york , la , and chicago all three passing on both
Old 04-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
Cohnman15
I hit open layups

Cohnman15 has an OK reputation so far

If the lottery truly is fixed, and there is a good chance it might be, the Knicks will get one of the top 2 picks so that they can either draft Beasley or Rose. You're right, the Knicks as a franchise will always make money. But the league as a whole needs the Knicks to be succesful, so that they can nationally broadcast their games.
Cohnman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohnman15
If the lottery truly is fixed, and there is a good chance it might be, the Knicks will get one of the top 2 picks so that they can either draft Beasley or Rose. You're right, the Knicks as a franchise will always make money. But the league as a whole needs the Knicks to be succesful, so that they can nationally broadcast their games.

i disagree with you that the knicks would recieve one of the top 2 spots, if fixed by the nba

i could see the knicks being involved by helping the sacramento kings buy their way into the #2 spot by giving ny artest for marbury

and it is hard for me to explain why, but im not sold on the nba "needing" anything from the knicks, i kind of think it is irrelevant how good the knicks are- when at the same time we seen what happens to markets like san anton, cleveland, denv and other smaller market teams when they aquire players like duncan,lebron, & melo

the nba imo has to worry about places like milw, charlotte and others just falling off the map- not so in ny

anyone believe in any inside dealings with those dirty sonics owners and stern to aquire durant? just a coincidence the sonics gave ray allen to boston? its why is see new york maybe being involved with one of the lottery winners but not winning themselves

who besides the knicks do you see in the top 3 (if) it's fixed?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #6
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

wolves will pick Mayo. they wont pass up on a potential superstar
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:10 AM   #7
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ajinca is a decent prospect but his game has not progressed at a sufficient clip the last couple of years. He may not even be sniffing the lottery at this point.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #8
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Qlippers has an OK reputation so far

If the draft is rigged, i would expect Memphis at 1 and NY Knicks 2. The only reason is b/c of the Kwame deal, David Stern forced them to do w/ the Lakers. Unless the trade for 2 No. 1 picks, Gordon and Tyrus Thomas was a horrible trade.
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #9
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
14- golden state- j dorsey 6-9 pf memphisu golden state wisely chooses someone capable of stepping in immidiatly- would be able to play both pf and c in nellie's system

Are you smoking crack

Dorsey wont be drafted at 14....hell not even in the first round
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
Are you smoking crack

Dorsey wont be drafted at 14....hell not even in the first round
my thoughts exactly. how does a guy who averaged 7 ppg in college at age 24 get into the lottery?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #11
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

7-new york- r westbook 6-4 pg ucla- new york takes the best available player and everyone feels bad for the guy- or the spot is traded into

isaiah thomas is out of new york now. so the knicks shouldnt be dumb enough to take westbrook at #7
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #12
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

thank you for your thoughts

i must have dorsey overvalued - i understand how you feel when you see something that is just way off- i will definitly try to rconsider more about dorsey

in the right system and the right team i see dorsey being able to step in and fill some kind of role immediatly- maybe that is what second round means, but if it is i hope nugs grab dorsey in rd 2

westbrook, i am a huge believer in- i have the gaurds ranked like this-
1-d rose
2-r westbrook
3-oj mayo
4-j bayless
5-e gordon
6-c lee

i think westbrook will be the next gary payton (minus the mouth)-

tyler smith returning to tennesse suprised me- what do you think he heard? i thought he was a 1st rd pick

how do you all sort the all these wing players out? - gallinari, batum, donte green, chase budinger, bill walker, rush/cdr??

is gallinari head and shoulders above the rest?
Old 04-24-2008, 03:21 PM   #13
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If the Knicks trade out they'll just trade for more extremely huge contracts.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #14
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
my thoughts exactly. how does a guy who averaged 7 ppg in college at age 24 get into the lottery?

he will get drafted in the late 2nd round around the 45-60's

a team would like his toughness in the paint......hes a poor mans Ben Wallace and alot like Bo Outlaw.....
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #15
Cohnman15
I hit open layups

Cohnman15 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
If the Knicks trade out they'll just trade for more extremely huge contracts.

If Isaiah was there, maybe, but I don't think Walsh will.
Cohnman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: