Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #31
Bodin
Great young streetballer

Bodin has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How long till Lebron gets a decent supporting cast?

like others have said MJ waited a while till he got Pippen

and the cavs supporting cast is very mediocre... if playing the west they would get stomped

they do play good defense i will give them that
Bodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #32
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Lebron really came in and exceeded the hype.

I truly believe he has surpassed Kobe at this point.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:11 AM   #33
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Lebron does have a decent support cast, and a deep bench. Not championship level but certainly decent.
The Cavs wouldn't sniff the playoffs without Bron. They have some good role players but no one even close to being a legit second or even third option IMO.

If Lamar Odom was on the Cavs he'd instantly be their second best player.

Don't give me big Z - he's a nice slowfooted big with a soft touch but is not a 3rd option on a good team.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:04 AM   #34
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
The Cavs wouldn't sniff the playoffs without Bron. They have some good role players but no one even close to being a legit second or even third option IMO.

If Lamar Odom was on the Cavs he'd instantly be their second best player.

Don't give me big Z - he's a nice slowfooted big with a soft touch but is not a 3rd option on a good team.

Thank you.

The only thing that anyone has against LeBron is that he plays in the East. Other than that, he's dominated the league high and low.

I hope he comes to the West so he can shut doubters up. It's not like when he plays west teams, his numbers go down dramatically.

Sorry but a guy that size with that speed, averaging 30/8/7ish at that age is not a fluke. And he is the reason the Cavs are even relevant.
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:47 AM   #35
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Last year Cleveland's efficiency differential was 4.2. That is decent. It was good enough to make the Finals in a very weak East.

This year Cleveland's differential is -0.4. Blame trades/injuries or whatever but that's not gonna get it done.

As for Lebron, he may never be on a good team. Or he may go to an amazing team and win six titles. Who knows? There are plenty examples of amazing players wasting away on terrible teams and doing nothing for their entire career. Nothing is a given.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:54 AM   #36
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 is considered somewhat coolPenny37 is considered somewhat cool

Lebron has the ball in his hands for so much of their possessions that it's hard for someone to come in and be a big-time player.

Most guys need the ball in their hands to score.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:02 AM   #37
kidachi

when fcukin Danny Ferry gets fired or resigns..
Old 04-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #38
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cavs just screwed themselves by ruining their cap space until 2010 by signing Wallets and Wally.

In 2010 LBJ will leave Cleveland and then perhaps he will play for a contender.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:43 AM   #39
Jorn444Lakers
Local High School Star

Jorn444Lakers has an OK reputation so far

I'm not too sure of the cav's cap situation, but don't they have a lot of money tied up in the players they just traded for?
Jorn444Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:07 AM   #40
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

I don't see how LeBron can win a ring, when their are so much better teams than the Cavs, and young ones I might add. The only way is to opt out and sign with another team, but who would have the money? Maybe Nets or the Knicks, but still they won't be good enough to beat the elite teams.

Plus, I think Bynum or Oden will probably be the next dominant big man that will run the NBA when Duncan is done. LeBron will have to worry about them when he hits his prime. Unless, he signs with the Laks.

Last edited by amfirst : 04-22-2008 at 03:12 AM.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:54 AM   #41
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

never

if he stays in cleavland
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:55 AM   #42
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

2006-2007. good defense, awesome rebounding, few turnovers. watch out, that team could make it to the finals.
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #43
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Cavs just screwed themselves by ruining their cap space until 2010 by signing Wallets and Wally.

In 2010 LBJ will leave Cleveland and then perhaps he will play for a contender.

How'd they screw themselves? Most playres don't change teams as free agents they're traded. The Cavs have $30 mil in expirers next season, and their a lot of disgruntled players out there who look like they'll be attainable by just trading those along with a few draft picks.

You would think people wouldn't say Bron has no chance of getting a solid supporting cast after watching the Celtics and Lakers transform over night after we though for years Danny Ainge and Mitch Kupchak were two of the worse GMs in the league, but I guess not.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #44
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
he's 56% on assisted field goals though, which was my point

http://www.82games.com/0708/07CLE18D.HTM

he's a capable finisher when around the rim, and that compliments lebron's game perfectly

No you're reading the stat wrong, that says out of all his made shots 56% of them are assisted, that says nothing about his percentage while shooting them.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #45
INDI
Local High School Star

INDI has no real reputation yet.

How long till Lebron gets a decent supporting cast?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Not to start a war, but can someone tell me why does kobe get flamed when he loses (and in past seasons had MUCH worse supporting casts then lebron in the west), all kind of stuff is said about him. But when lebron has a mediocre team in the east, everyone says that he needs better players and it is considered common knowledge?

IS THAT NOT A DOUBLE STANDARD?????

When kobe gets better players (or the same old ones raise their level of play) people instantly try to discredit him, matter of fact i have no doubt in my mind that if the lakers win the championship people on ish will immediately make a thread about pau or odom being the mvp, because they despise kobe so much. The same thing then should apply for lebron, if he can't win with this talent (remember they already got him so new players) and he needs more help then why should he get credit for it????
INDI is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: