Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
ryno14
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ryno14 has an OK reputation so far
Default Odom and Arena?

How about Gooden and Nocioni for Lamar Odom? The Lakers were shopping him earlier this year, and may be ready to make a move since he will be in his expiring contract year. We gain a quality power forward and a floor leader (something this team has lacked for years). And I heard that Gilbert Arenas opted to become a free agent right now. I know it would take some salary dumping, but why not throw the world at him and bring him in at point? Suddenly we would have 2 All-Star level players, the first since Jordan 10 years ago! I would have no problem dumping Duhon, Hinrich to make room.
ryno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Odom and Arena?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno14
How about Gooden and Nocioni for Lamar Odom? The Lakers were shopping him earlier this year, and may be ready to make a move since he will be in his expiring contract year. We gain a quality power forward and a floor leader (something this team has lacked for years). And I heard that Gilbert Arenas opted to become a free agent right now. I know it would take some salary dumping, but why not throw the world at him and bring him in at point? Suddenly we would have 2 All-Star level players, the first since Jordan 10 years ago! I would have no problem dumping Duhon, Hinrich to make room.

I forgot all about Odom. If he does become a free agent, sign him up right away. He's got fire. I think i would take him over jefferson if the price is right.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Unless you can deliver the Lakers a potent true SF I dont see the Lakers making a deal.

Odom is playing fantastic ball with the lakers so far and if they reach high levels in the playoffs, its likely that the lakers will think twice about trading him away. Or at the very least until they try out the line up of Bynum, Gasol, and Odom.

The best opportunity the Bulls would have of aquiring him, would be via free agency. He will be free of his heavy contract and their is a possibility of him taking a paycut. But all of that is assuming that he would even want to go to Chicago in the first place.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:01 AM   #4
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Getting Odom is no good. He would never be a floor leader for the Bulls. He's 29 and he won't be taking the Bulls anywhere in the next 3 or 4 years anyway. Odom isn't a big enough star to dump our money into. And Arenas... i don't know, he is awfully selfish. He is gonna want a ton of money and i don't think he is the right fit on the Bulls.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Getting Odom is no good. He would never be a floor leader for the Bulls. He's 29 and he won't be taking the Bulls anywhere in the next 3 or 4 years anyway. Odom isn't a big enough star to dump our money into. And Arenas... i don't know, he is awfully selfish. He is gonna want a ton of money and i don't think he is the right fit on the Bulls.

Your right, if it came down to Odom, we should just stick with Deng.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

A deal for Odom would have been more likely earlier, but it would be almost impossible to take him from the Lakers since their so great this year and he's having his best year as a player. I think we should forget about Arenas for now, I'm sure the Wizards want to see how he plays first after the injury before even thinking of letting him go. In my oppinion the way to go is Baron Davis or Elton Brand which is much more realistic and just as good.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: