Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 08-16-2006, 10:45 PM   #31
Leroy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The 6ers want to cut salary short term the Knicks want a decent player - but Isiah knows he can't get rap3d in a deal...

Giving up Rose for Webber is a rubbish deal... at hte deadline they'll be able to use him to get a smaller contract then webbers and a young prospect who might or might not pan out...

THe knicks will want to use Mo Taylor (giving the 6ers 10million in savings next year) and one of their not quite untradeable bad contracts for webber as noted... Qrich, malik rose etc...

In an instant I would trade Mo Taylor, Jamal Crawford and Lee for Webber - helps to clear the logjam on the Knicks Roster and as mentioned Webber is off the books sooner than people think. Of course the 6ers aren't that dumb. imagine it! when would anyone else ever touch the ball between Iverson and Crawford. they'd be fighting each other by the end of the first week of the season!
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:48 PM   #32
hotsizzle
Superstar

well, at least knicks would get some cap relief next summer
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:50 PM   #33
TheBynumProject
Byonic

You obviously mean summer after next.
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:56 PM   #34
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

If Isiah could get rid of both Q-Rich and Malik for Webber, then I'm all for it.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:13 PM   #35
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
If Isiah could get rid of both Q-Rich and Malik for Webber, then I'm all for it.

I think the deal would stand at:

Malik Rose
David Lee
Jalen Rose

76ers get a power forward with a smaller contract in monetary value than Webber's, but the same length of time. Malik can play still as well, and won't really care if he doesn't see the ball.
David Lee is a young prospect, and should be able to play a scrappy Tyrone Hill-lite type of role.
Jalen Rose is an expirer (about $16 million), but should provide some offensive stability from the wing, and also has the ability to play the point and let Iverson switch to the 2 at times.
Great trade for the 76ers IMO.

The Knicks need to do this trade too, to clear the logjam at PF and SF, and Webber provides Eddy Curry with his perfect compliment (well that would actually be KG, but that ain't happening).

CT: Curry/ James
PF: Webber/ Frye/ Taylor
SF: Jeffries/ Richardson/ Balkman
SG: Francis/ Crawford
PG: Marbury/ Robinson/ Collins

All of a sudden you have a well balanced team, that should all be quite acceping of their roles. Webber should have a much smaller role on the Knicks than what he's had on Philly, maybe giving him a little bit more energy on defense too.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:31 PM   #36
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

dont give up david lee for c webb, if you give up malik and jalen ill be fine but if we give up lee ill be pissed
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:34 PM   #37
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

The Jeffries signing may have been worse than the James signing. And the Balkman /Collins draft may have been worse than selecting Wies. Mr.Thomas is not having a good summer plus some classy lady is saying he booty harassed her. His Boy Scout image is forever lost now and today is a sad day for me.
bluh.....bluh.....bluh...... CHRIS WEBBER, why Webber, Webber=slow and the Knicks are going to= fast break. Why would BK Burger make this deal does he really like Mo Taylor's game? Are there are Mo Taylor fans out there? Will Mo Taylor increase the teams value in case COMCAST sells the team?
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:36 PM   #38
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

I'm SEXY!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #39
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
The Jeffries signing may have been worse than the James signing. And the Balkman /Collins draft may have been worse than selecting Wies. Mr.Thomas is not having a good summer plus some classy lady is saying he booty harassed her. His Boy Scout image is forever lost now and today is a sad day for me.
bluh.....bluh.....bluh...... CHRIS WEBBER, why Webber, Webber=slow and the Knicks are going to= fast break. Why would BK Burger make this deal does he really like Mo Taylor's game? Are there are Mo Taylor fans out there? Will Mo Taylor increase the teams value in case COMCAST sells the team?

Balkman and Collins Were Good Picks in The Draft
Jared Jeffries signing was not even close to worst then J.J.
Doubt We Even Get C-Webb

tell my why the balkman pick was bad besides the fact that he was there at 29? IMO, phx was going to pick him, tell me why he was a bad pick? have you seen him play?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:43 PM   #40
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
I think the deal would stand at:

Malik Rose
David Lee
Jalen Rose

I know I'm being a homer, but I don't want to Q-Rich and Malik in the deal, espicially if we are going to trade David Lee, or maybe we could substite David Lee for Nate Robinson.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:46 PM   #41
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I know I'm being a homer, but I don't want to Q-Rich and Malik in the deal, espicially if we are going to trade David Lee, or maybe we could substite David Lee for Nate Robinson.

you know what, keep webber, its not gunna happen if it does its going to be malik mo and jalen we arent trading lee or nate
Old 08-16-2006, 11:47 PM   #42
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Balkman and Collins Were Good Picks in The Draft
Jared Jeffries signing was not even close to worst then J.J.
Doubt We Even Get C-Webb

tell my why the balkman pick was bad besides the fact that he was there at 29? IMO, phx was going to pick him, tell me why he was a bad pick? have you seen him play?

Balkman is a mini me Edon Thomas (did I spell his first name right?)
Tell me this, if Thomas was 6'5 and 40 ILBs lighter would you want him on your team? And Collins is a complete stiff, i'd rather have Cosmo Kramer on the IR for team chemistry. Jeffries brings nothing to the table, I watched LBJ kill him in the playoffs, so if he can't defend and he can't score than why give him 30 million. James is big and he can play during contract years, so I see him as a double double guy for one year in about four years, that is more than you guys will ever get out of Beetlejuice.

Last edited by SecondFiddle : 08-16-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:52 PM   #43
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

balkman plays nothing like etan thomas, i dont know where you got that from if you think that then wow..
Old 08-16-2006, 11:58 PM   #44
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Etan is that his name, I thought it was pronounced E-DON, Both look silly when they run down the court, not as silly as Kwame Brown but silly enough, both are warriors on the court but most likely can't fight a lick, both have that silly India Irie hair do and both could not hit a jumper if the basket were four feet off the ground and as wide as Ellen's bottom.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:59 PM   #45
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

besides the jumper, none of that has nothing to do with basketball lol..candyman is comnig for you
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: