Originally Posted by Xiao Yao
It's a long list. Boozer's pretty limited in what he does to many others.
If you had someone that played D it would certainly affect the whole team. [question of offense]
Not the best. [jumper]
Gasol for starters. [cross over]
Running end to end. [lacking]
Amare is the closest thing to The Mailman. Not as good a rebounder but better springs for blocking shots. Otherwise pretty similar.
Can't see Boozer doing anything better than KG.
1. The least you could do is mention some.
2. Remember the question is not who would you rather have, but who would be better with Williams.
3. Again, the question is about pf x and Williams. That makes it almost entirely a question of offense. Playing d is great, but has very little to do with pairing him up with Deron. That would be more of a "who would you rather have" question.
, 54% of Boozers shots are the jumper at .448. 72% of those come from assists, mostly from Williams.
You're right, not the best, but it seems more reliable than the numbers show, especially in the pick and roll situation.
5. I would take Boozer's first step over Gasol's. Being shorter really helps him here. Plus he can finish with either hand better than Pau.
6. We were spoiled to have Malone fast break at PF for years. More of a bonus in my eyes than a necessity. But maybe Williams would do better with a running PF. Thats a fair argument.
7. I just don't see the Stoudemire-Malone comparison. Malone boxed out and used his body a lot more than Amare. Malone had excellent position defense and a quick upswipe to strip the ball. Amare relies a lot on his hops. Malone didn't ever have a great vertical, and who can blame him, he was built like a truck. Stoudemire has added a jumper to his game in a somewhat Malonesque way, though.
8. Boozer offers Williams more to work with than KG on the offensive end. KG fills in and can do everything offensively, but we are talking about complementing Williams specifically. Boozer is more potent when it comes to the pick and roll and a dump the ball to guy.
Boozer is strugling a little bit since April. He'll be back.
AK, Okur, Boozer, Williams have all had their extended time carrying the team over the last 3 years. That is the benefit of having 4 all star (Williams pending) players on the team, the others step up.