Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-24-2008, 05:12 AM   #826
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation
Default Re: Round 1, Lakers-Nuggets game 2, Wed 10:30pm ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Like I said after game 1, they are in trouble. They focused everything on Kobe in game1, he had a bad shooting night but they were killed by Pau/Odom. Tonight, they made a better effort protecting the paint but were killed by Kobe..Odom wasnt even a factor tonight with his 5 fouls

If we lose any games in Denver its because of lack of effort and defensive intensity. We have every match-up in our favor. The only other 2 situations I could see a loss coming from would be: 1) AI and Carmelo collectively get really really hot. 2) Kobe thinks he's still on fire from game 2, misses a lot of long jumpers and the Nuggets run out on us throughout the night. But even that second option doesn't seem possible as Phil would bench him till he calmed down.

I just don't see how we can lose any games, we're a better team in every way and play well on the road too. I guess if they zone us all the time, we rely on shooting 3's instead of penetrating, and they don't fall that'd be the only way.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:38 AM   #827
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Looking more and more like I am going to be right. Denver giving it their best shot and still getting blown out. Told you, Lakers in 4. I can't believe how many ESPN experts have Suns winning, Spurs will win that series too.

Lakers won't lose a game until second round when they play a real contender.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:43 AM   #828
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Looking more and more like I am going to be right. Denver giving it their best shot and still getting blown out. Told you, Lakers in 4. I can't believe how many ESPN experts have Suns winning, Spurs will win that series too.

Lakers won't lose a game until second round when they play a real contender.

that wasn't their best shot
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:43 AM   #829
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00terz
What difference does it make? They get their hair done before every game. Why would it even be an issue now?

Because they are in the playoffs. They have been put out for the past however many years.

They are not getting braids going straight back. They both have braids that take time. Designs and intricate detail.

Right now is that what they should be spending their time on? During the playoffs should the REALLY be worried about how their hair looks?

They are down 1 - 0 shouldn't they be worried about the Lakers instead of their hair?
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:46 AM   #830
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
Because they are in the playoffs. They have been put out for the past however many years.

They are not getting braids going straight back. They both have braids that take time. Designs and intricate detail.

Right now is that what they should be spending their time on? During the playoffs should the REALLY be worried about how their hair looks?

They are down 1 - 0 shouldn't they be worried about the Lakers instead of their hair?

It may take an hour or 2 for them to get their braids done. There's been like 3 days since the last game, what the **** does it matter? You should be a sports writer finding something this stupid to focus on
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:58 AM   #831
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
It may take an hour or 2 for them to get their braids done. There's been like 3 days since the last game, what the **** does it matter? You should be a sports writer finding something this stupid to focus on

No I'm just a basketball fan. Yeah it may only take and hour or 2 to get their hair braided but that's NOT THE POINT.

The point is WHY THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING ABOUT THEIR HAIR RIGHT NOW PERIOD!!!

Do you not get that? Getting their braids done when they are down 1 -0 should NOT BE WHAT THEY ARE THINKING ABOUT.

You can brush it off if you want to..but you KNOW that what I'm saying is true.

The fact that between game 1 and game 2 they thought it was important to keep their braids tight speaks volumes about the mentality of some Nuggets players.

And why does it matter? NOW THEY ARE DOWN 2-0.

Last edited by Laker4Lyfe : 04-24-2008 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:00 AM   #832
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

my boy played like a f*ck head tonight, the fifth foul especially was just knuckle headed. get it together O. good game kobe and the boys. my god laker fans that have actually cared the last three years, is luke walton back in this motherf*cker?
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:08 AM   #833
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

I don't want to argue you win

Go LAKERS

Last edited by Laker4Lyfe : 04-24-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:26 AM   #834
nashisbest

huh. i'm sure one braiding job can last a couple of days... before you need to spend another 2hours on them... nothing to do with the loss anyway
Old 04-24-2008, 07:47 AM   #835
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation here

Man, I wish that I had internet access at work, because I would have been talking with you last night!!

That gosh darn Kobe!!! What now, Kobe haters? U complained that he does not pass. 10 dimes fit you? U complain that he is not a team player/leader. Cheering on his teammates for the past 2-3 years. Pushing them to get better must not count, huh?

Kobe took it to the Nuggets. It did not matter who they threw at him, he was going to take that person out.

Oh, the "padding his stats" comment. Oh please. That is so weak. When he was throwing dimes left and right (to make up for poor shooting with the pinky injury), was he padding his stats? Nope. So give the "padding his stats" comments a rest.

Kobe is doing his thang and the critics can't stand it!! Oh, and he is doing all of this while having a damaged pinky.

KOBE=MVP!!!!
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #836
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oh well. Denver just doesn't want to play defense. What's new.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #837
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Quite annoyed and frustrated, defense..defense..defense..same old story.
we aint going nowhere if we wont play good defense..

0 - 5 against lakers this season..we dont matchup well with them.
I hope we just dont get swept..
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #838
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Where does it create matchup issues for Denver? They took out a midget that can't guard anybody on the floor buy perhaps Fisher (who he's not gonna be on) for a guy that can be on the floor and play some at the 2, some at the 3, and the four and considering Odom plays at the 4 its not a bad matchup at all. It will also put another player out there that can rebound and shoot and run the floor.

Would you like to re-think your assessment?

heh

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #839
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Good thing I DVR'd this. Vintage Kobe last night. You could tell from tip off onwards he wanted to make up for his performance in Game 1. And he's so arrogant(in a good way) that he came out and took the same shots(long jumpers) he did in Game 1. Almost mocking Denver for thinking he'd miss routine shots for 2 straight games. Kobe's on an entirely different planet from everybody else when he's hot.

Denver did show some semblance of interior defense in this game so I can still see 'em winning 1 in their building. LA's jumper was flowing in Game 2 but on the road when Denver's offense is clicking and the crowd's nuts, they're bound to have 1 off shooting night.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:59 AM   #840
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Denver also lost their composure at in both games, which surprised me the most. I guess I did not expect them to get T'd up and let themselves get so upset. They definitely cannot let that happen if they want to pull out this series.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: