Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-16-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
jailer
MillionDollarException

Default will we finnally win

This is the first time ever that we have had a favorable opponent as our first game.The knicks suck we should easily beat them and the bobcats to be 2-0 for first time ever.Maybe we can be good all year this time around and not just in spurts.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

yea, we finally got a break to open the season, although weve just sucked it up on opening night in the past few years. Before last year against Miami, I went to opening games against Washington and Boston. We should have won both games and Boston won on a last second shot... We obviously have a better chance going into game one this year, but I dont want get too cocky about it just yet.... Lets see what Gay and crew look like after training camp.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Rudy Gay is going to be a bust. You should have sticked with Battier.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

way to stay on topic... i guess it wouldnt have worked in the rudy gay thread though.

but battier is awesome... sometimes you just got to take a chance. we were stuck in mud. it may hurt or help us in the end, but we had to get out of a stagnant position.

but i am impressed with your intelligent and relevant contribution to the opening day topic.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:35 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
Rudy Gay is going to be a bust. You should have sticked with Battier.
Sticked with battier? Look battier is technically a bust fifth overall selection and his stats are horrible and this team is not going to hurt that much with him gone.If rudy is not as good as him in his rookie year we might lose an extra three to five games then last year.If rudy is equal to his talent we will be fine and if rudy comes out and produces will be looking good.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #6
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

just a quick point of reference, jailer... battier was the sixth overall selection. That doesnt change or affect your argument, just thought id throw it out there.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:38 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I was just typing off top of my head.J-Rich went fifth our original choise but the warriors took him like they always do.Wow pau,gay,and j-rich.Excitement.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:44 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
This is the first time ever that we have had a favorable opponent as our first game.The knicks suck we should easily beat them and the bobcats to be 2-0 for first time ever.Maybe we can be good all year this time around and not just in spurts.

Nope the knicks will beat your griz for the first game. You always lose the first game. Why stop a trend. Close and almost are loser words.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:29 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

Really so close and almost are loser words?So thats all you knicks fans have been saying the last couple years.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:29 AM   #10
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Really so close and almost are loser words?So thats all you knicks fans have been saying the last couple years.

Thats true. 5 terrible years. But I will enjoy game one against the griz. Since the griz can't win openers. As a matter of fact the knicks will have a better record than the griz next year. Watch and see.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:45 AM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

WOW really c'mon there is being a good fan and needing a helemet.:confused: The knicks have done nothing to improve there squad outside of losing larry brown (awesome move)cause he is overrated.They need to trade bad contracts and overrated players that flood there roster.Once they do some good managing I will at least give them a chance to win 40.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:41 PM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
WOW really c'mon there is being a good fan and needing a helemet.:confused: The knicks have done nothing to improve there squad outside of losing larry brown (awesome move)cause he is overrated.They need to trade bad contracts and overrated players that flood there roster.Once they do some good managing I will at least give them a chance to win 40.

This isn't a knicks forum dude. Honestly I think the griz should enter a sign and trade with atlanta for harrington for your expiring contract of eddie jones. Atlanta would love to have that cap money, plus you get a true small forward to play along your pf Pau. What do you think about that?
Old 08-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

Harrington has awesome stats on bad team once he gets to a team that will demand more then just points he wont provide anything helpful.Plus if gay pans out we wont need an expensive sf at least not until his contract is up.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:34 PM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I wouldn't call 18 pts 6 boards awesome but i do think he would pretty good next to Pau. But give the rookie a chance to prove himself. He could be a great pickup or a bust like I think Bargnani is gonna be.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:31 PM   #15
jailer
MillionDollarException

We finally agree on something barag what ever the hell his name is will be as big a bust as darko.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: