Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 04-23-2008, 04:40 AM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Is JO going to opt out?

JO's said more than once (sorry, no links and I'm lazy) that he's not interested in a rebuild. After the Knicks game Danny was being interviewed in the post-game and said something like I'm not sure what JO's going to do...but if he's here...if he... then sort of stopped himself. This is not an exact quote.

He'd be leaving somewhere around $45 million on the table over two years. Figure he signs with a contender at around $8 or so, that's almost $30 million he just walks away from. The question is, what contenders have the sort of cap flexibility, and if I'm right in assuming none, is he willing to sign for the MLE (around 5 million)? Also, with a healthy JO, who's to say with any certainty that there's no chance we could make a deep playoff run next season? I realize a healthy JO seems like a fairy tale, but consider it. In Obie's system JO could be a monster with kick-outs and his primary focus being interior defense. I really feel like if Jermaine can play 72 or so games next season, and we obtain a perimeter defender (Russell Westbrook), we're on track for a 50 win season.

Regardless, I don't want Jermaine to leave. He's a great teammate, superb figure for guys like Ike and Shawne (if they're here next year) to look up to. Say what you will about his injury issues, but every single game he was out he was on the bench rooting for guys like Danny and Mike.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Re: Is JO going to opt out?

Realistically, hes not opting out. You really think hes going to pass down $42 Million for a lesser contract. Theres no way hes going to get paid that kind of money again. Its all about the money
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #3
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

From a business standpoint if JO opted out he would most likely be taking a pay cut to sign with a different team. If JO really wants a championship than it might be plausible for him to opt out. I have read articles where JO was quoted saying he did not want to be part of a rebuilding project, but I have also read articles explaining how JO wants to remain loyal to a franchise that helped make him an All-Star. This should be an interesting offseason for the Pacers.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:33 AM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i can't say that he definitely wouldn't. that is a crapload of $ to pass up but if he gets an offer from a serious contender, who knows?

i would rather he get traded and get something in return.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:55 AM   #5
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i can't say that he definitely wouldn't. that is a crapload of $ to pass up but if he gets an offer from a serious contender, who knows?

i would rather he get traded and get something in return.
opting out would be in our favour. Imagine the free agent we could sign with $20 mill
Old 04-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
opting out would be in our favour. Imagine the free agent we could sign with $20 mill

true. either way he needs to go. :)
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No way. There's no way that greedy bastard opts out.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #8
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
No way. There's no way that greedy bastard opts out.
lol

Honestly, I'd rather him recover 100% from his injury and play like he did when he averaged 20 and 10
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: