Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-24-2008, 08:37 PM   #226
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate The Avatar Above You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
You are nit-picking.

He alwyas does.

This is why he replied the way he did. Stephen A Smith said AI is the 2nd best Sixer of all time behind Wilt. Glove_20 got upset. I explained that AI impact and influence during his tenure here was huge. SAS was not only taking that into account but also since he followed AI more than Dr. J since he was the Sixers beatwriter, thats another reason why he made the comment he did. Because of AI impact he valued it as more than Dr. J, and its been written by sports media here AI is probably the most popular sports figure here, even over Dr. J. Glove, not living here, not having much of a clue wants to deny AI influence, impact he left during his years representing the Sixers. I made mention that I remember Dr. J, but I was too young to really embrace his impact/influence here. I was aware of it, seen him play numerous times at the Spectrum. But his glory days? That 83 team? Distant memory. Charles Barkely is more fresh in my mind than Dr. J's "career". So he wants to flex that out there as if he watched Dr. J a great deal back in the day. Anyone can read articles, comments, videos on Dr. J and pretend to be a "fan". I kept it honest unlike some. I mean the guy is a GP gr0upie but has little knowledge on the Sonics team he played on. But I wont go there.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #227
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He alwyas does.

This is why he replied the way he did. Stephen A Smith said AI is the 2nd best Sixer of all time behind Wilt. Glove_20 got upset. I explained that AI impact and influence during his tenure here was huge. SAS was not only taking that into account but also since he followed AI more than Dr. J since he was the Sixers beatwriter, thats another reason why he made the comment he did. Because of AI impact he valued it as more than Dr. J, and its been written by sports media here AI is probably the most popular sports figure here, even over Dr. J. Glove, not living here, not having much of a clue wants to deny AI influence, impact he left during his years representing the Sixers. I made mention that I remember Dr. J, but I was too young to really embrace his impact/influence here. I was aware of it, seen him play numerous times at the Spectrum. But his glory days? That 83 team? Distant memory. Charles Barkely is more fresh in my mind than Dr. J's "career". So he wants to flex that out there as if he watched Dr. J a great deal back in the day. Anyone can read articles, comments, videos on Dr. J and pretend to be a "fan". I kept it honest unlike some. I mean the guy is a GP gr0upie but has little knowledge on the Sonics team he played on. But I wont go there.

I think you just did.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #228
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Quote:
I think you just did.

I like the fro. I'd give it an 8, but the name says "Jailblazers". So I give it a 6.

FYI - I created my avatar in Photoshop. It's not something I grabbed off the internet.

Go Blazers!
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #229
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldridge Fan
I like the fro. I'd give it an 8, but the name says "Jailblazers". So I give it a 6.

FYI - I created my avatar in Photoshop. It's not something I grabbed off the internet.

Go Blazers!

Well it is my user name.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #230
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Well it is my user name.

That's OK.

Are you a Blazers fan?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #231
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldridge Fan
That's OK.

Are you a Blazers fan?

Yeah not a die hard or anything but I like them. I am dedicated to the Sixers tho.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #232
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Yeah not a die hard or anything but I like them. I am dedicated to the Sixers tho.
Yeah, Sixers are doing well without AI. They have some young talent.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #233
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He alwyas does.

Um,ok...And your point? Thanks for explaining why I said what I said, but you backed it up even more by saying that it's a "distant memory" of yours. And all I said was that avatar was a misrepresentation or "fake" because you don't even remember them. And that's still true. As for Dr. J, and AI. Any "Classic" 76er fan will tell you Dr. J >>>> AI.

And at the Gary Payton's Sonics comment. I consider the 96 Sonics the greatest Sonic Team of All-Time, and can tell you a lot about the 90s Sonics besides Gary Payton. I just choose to concentrate more on Gary Payton. I could tell you a lot about the Sonics today, but do I? I can tell you a lot about Durant, but do I?
No because I simply don't want to. Not that I don't know.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #234
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20

Um,ok...And your point? Thanks for explaining why I said what I said, but you backed it up even more by saying that it's a "distant memory" of yours. And all I said was that avatar was a misrepresentation or "fake" because you don't even remember them. And that's still true. As for Dr. J, and AI. Any "Classic" 76er fan will tell you Dr. J >>>> AI.

And at the Gary Payton's Sonics comment. I consider the 96 Sonics the greatest Sonic Team of All-Time, and can tell you a lot about the 90s Sonics besides Gary Payton. I just choose to concentrate more on Gary Payton. I could tell you a lot about the Sonics today, but do I? I can tell you a lot about Durant, but do I?
No because I simply don't want to. Not that I don't know

I thought you previously said that you dont follow the current NBA because you prefer the past.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #235
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
all I said was that avatar was a misrepresentation or "fake" because you don't even remember them. And that's still true.

tis, tis
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:26 PM   #236
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I thought you previously said that you dont follow the current NBA because you prefer the past.
He doesnt. He has told hotsizzle/basketball4life/me that he doesnt even watch the Sonics anymore cause they suck. He could not care less about them.

We listed some scrubs on NBA teams and told him to match them up to the team they played for. He got about 8/10 wrong. He thought PJ Brown still played for the Bulls and he had no idea who Earl Barron was. Keep in mind Barron was playing about 10-15 minutes a game for his "new" favorite team at the time.

He said he only watches the "stars" in games and that the only player he watches on the Heat was Wade.

statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:32 AM   #237
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
He doesnt. He has told hotsizzle/basketball4life/me that he doesnt even watch the Sonics anymore cause they suck. He could not care less about them.

We listed some scrubs on NBA teams and told him to match them up to the team they played for. He got about 8/10 wrong. He thought PJ Brown still played for the Bulls and he had no idea who Earl Barron was. Keep in mind Barron was playing about 10-15 minutes a game for his "new" favorite team at the time.

He said he only watches the "stars" in games and that the only player he watches on the Heat was Wade.

Obviously lost a bet... Gay avatar. 0/10.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:33 AM   #238
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

8/10. fits the poster, unique, sticks out.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:36 AM   #239
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

K.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected poster

7/10.

I like the "more then 1" style of pictures there. Fits you a lot.

Hmm.. I've had to rate stroshow on this thread and the rate the poster thread...
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:50 AM   #240
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Koscik
7/10.

I like the "more then 1" style of pictures there. Fits you a lot.

Hmm.. I've had to rate stroshow on this thread and the rate the poster thread...

3/10. it's just a picture of Kobe. Nice shot, but doesn't work as a avi
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: