Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-17-2008, 02:26 AM   #496
Phar
Banned

Phar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate The Avatar Above You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Hamilton
Interesting. Then it's a direct match with the username. I didn't notice the teal-like stripes before. Any reason to choose that, other than it's an incredible color. Aquamarine, turqouise, cyan, teal etc.. the perfect combo of blue/green.

And Phar you know a thing or two about cooking correct? Share any poultry recipes if you've got the time ASAP. I need to learn how to cook some complicated ish by the end of this summer lol.

Thanksness!

Um, I have a couple. We have a binder we put recipes in and it has a couple good ones in them. I'm sure a couple are on the 'net. I really don't have time to type them all out. I don't know if these are quite complicated, since I don't find recipes hard to understand unless it has to do with exotic animals. But, I love cooking, it's pretty relaxing unless you mess up a recipe( I forgot to add eggs to a cake once =/)

Here's a few that came off the top of my head:

This is a Turkey recipe. It's really good, you'll like it if you haven't tried it before. It makes about 5-6 servings, and It's quite healthy. Keeps you trim. But, there are two things about it that you shouldn't do. DO NOT use butter! Use margarine it's healthier and tastes better. Butter is disgusting. And you can put a tiny bit of the lemon skin in, but it's not necisscary. Just put the cut lemon in the microwave for about 6-7 seconds and sqeeze the lemon juice all over the scallopini when it's cooked. Don't add Wine and don't add Sherry, it will ruin the taste. I wish I could tell you about it in detail since most of the americanized recipes are wrong, but this is about as close as it gets. It's really easy though.
http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...n-S84659.shtml

Chicken Enchiladas (or for crab, just substitute the chicken for crabmeat.) Fairly simple and I'm sure you know how to do it.
2 lbs. of tomattillos, chopped
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
5 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1 small onion, peeled and cut
8 cups of chicken stock or broth (Broth is the better choice)
1/4 cup of canola oil
1/2 cup of flour
4 roasted peppers, chopped
1 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
3 tbs. oregano
1 tbs.ground cumin
1 shallot peeled and diced
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
3 tbs butter (USE MARGARINE!)
1/2 cup of white wine
1/2 cup of heavy cream
8 flour or corn tortillias

In a pot combine tomatillos, garlic, jalapenos, onion, and chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Turn down the heat a bit, cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.In a small pan over medium heat, stir together oil and flour for 5 minutes. In the pot, add the roasted peppers, cilantro, oregano, and cumin. Whisk flour mixture into pot and simmer for about 10 minutes or so, then let cool. In a skillet, saute' shallot and chicken in butter (use margarine) for 5 minutes. Add wine and cook for 5 minutes. Add some heavy cream and cook for another five minutes. Divide the chicken mixture among heated tortillias. Place tortillas on some plates and cover with tomatallio sauce. This takes roughly about 10 minutes to actually cook, but about 45-50 for prep and cooling time.

Try those two. I'll try and look around for some lesser known dishes that I've attempted or tasted before. Beef is a lot easier to work with for me along with Sherry in recipes.

I was going to PM you this, but whatever. Didn't know if you had it or not.
If you've already tried these, just say so

[[[[[[[[SKIP]]]]]]
Phar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:31 AM   #497
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cute. 2/3.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #498
B-Mac
T-Mac + B-Diddy= B-Mac

B-Mac has decent reputationB-Mac has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Cute. 2/3.

5/10 What is it ?
B-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:45 PM   #499
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

7/10 for creativity
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #500
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

9/10

Funny.
It would be a ten if it was just the funny ass looking B-Mac picture without any explanation.

eauclaire447: 3/10. Sorry, but I can't make it out.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #501
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

7/10 - at least it explains your username if anyone is wondering.
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #502
roreezy
I brick open layups

roreezy has an OK reputation so far

3/10 i cant read the captions that would have explained the picture
roreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #503
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by roreezy
3/10 i cant read the captions that would have explained the picture
3/10...who's that supposed to be?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:07 PM   #504
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

I like it. A good reminder of the 83 76ers Finals Fun.

8/10
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #505
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

Stern and Donaghy, both saying 'i'm telling you the truth'...
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #506
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.RAPS
Stern and Donaghy, both saying 'i'm telling you the truth'...

6/10 - Seems funny that I would have given you an 8 but Sterns face knock down two points. But creative none-the-less.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #507
ecthelion
Local High School Star

ecthelion has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
6/10 - Seems funny that I would have given you an 8 but Sterns face knock down two points. But creative none-the-less.
8/10. different.
ecthelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #508
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

5/10.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #509
ecthelion
Local High School Star

ecthelion has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
5/10.
8.2/10, nice (obvious reasons)
ecthelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #510
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

its pierce, kg and doc in the middle getting the gatorade bath.....didnt translate down very well.
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: