Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far
Default xbox 360 or ps3?

im getting one next week, need help on which of those consoles to buy, im kinda leaning towards the xbox 360 as all my friends and cousins got one but im scared of the rrod.
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: xbox 360 or ps3?

I went with PS3.

PS3 is 399 for the 40g. My package (SM3) came with 5 blu-ray dvd's, but there are probably different packages now. It also includes free internet play.

Last I looked XBox was like 349 for the 20g. You also have to pay 49 for internet play (398). Some packages come with multiple games.

I just think PS3 is a superior machine. Don't forget you're also getting a Blu-ray player. I'm currently playing GT5 Prologue (PS3 only) and loving it. This year is going to be the year when developers start really tapping into the power of the PS3 hardware.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinecz
im getting one next week, need help on which of those consoles to buy, im kinda leaning towards the xbox 360 as all my friends and cousins got one but im scared of the rrod.
PS3 has a browser. I have 360 and my friend has ps3... I prefer ps3
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I went with PS3.

PS3 is 399 for the 40g. My package (SM3) came with 5 blu-ray dvd's, but there are probably different packages now. It also includes free internet play.

Last I looked XBox was like 349 for the 20g. You also have to pay 49 for internet play (398). Some packages come with multiple games.

I just think PS3 is a superior machine. Don't forget you're also getting a Blu-ray player. I'm currently playing GT5 Prologue (PS3 only) and loving it. This year is going to be the year when developers start really tapping into the power of the PS3 hardware.

I already made my argument clear why I won't buy either, but to add to what the poster above said, 40 gigs isn't going to be enough.

I have a subscription to Game Informer and they just did an article about how much space these new games are taking up.

The new Devil May Cry game, takes up the space of a regular DVD, 4.7 gigs. That's one game alone.

I can't find my copy of the rag, but I'd list the games and specs they put in there as far as what the new games are taking for memory.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

If you want to play games online, favor more western style games, and are looking for a larger selection of titles, then the Xbox 360 is probably your best choice.

If you are an avid movie watcher, and have a television that can support 1080p, then the PlayStation 3 will offer you the opportunity to enjoy watching Blu-Ray movies in high definition.

PlayStation 3 is still suffering with lack of developer support. Developers are having a difficult time programing games on the PS3 and games are few and far between. Unless you are a Metal Gear Solid aficionado, most every major game is available on both platforms.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
evinecz
Banned

I dont really care about the blue ray and stuff as i dont got an hdtv, all i got is an small around 24 inch sdtv, so all i care about is the gameplay.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I dont really care about the blue ray and stuff as i dont got an hdtv, all i got is an small around 24 inch sdtv, so all i care about is the gameplay.

You'll be best served with an Xbox 360 for games playing.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #8
evinecz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
You'll be best served with an Xbox 360 for games playing.
Thank you, i will be getting my xbox 360 monday, i will post pictures of my baby when it reaches!
Old 05-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #9
grimreaper1377
Local High School Star

grimreaper1377 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Thank you, i will be getting my xbox 360 monday, i will post pictures of my baby when it reaches!

good choice
grimreaper1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #10
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

have fun with your new toy
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #11
ALaz502
I airball my layups

ALaz502 has an OK reputation so far

Don't worry about the RROD too much. They have revised the xbox a bit.

Just make sure you get one with a 175 watt power supply(there should be a sticker to indicate this. It'll also say it on the power brick). That way you KNOW you have a revised version.
ALaz502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #12
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

I went with a PS3. I got the 80gb you can play almost all the ps2/ps1 games on it. Online is free. That ps3 'Home' is going to be out soon i think. If you have any questions about the ps3 pm me ill try my best to answer it.
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #13
Daneva
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Daneva has an OK reputation so far

I will also get me a PS3 and save the money for a blue-ray player because the PS3 can play them anyway.
Daneva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #14
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

I definitely want to get one this summer, don't know which one though. Can someone just list the advantages and disadvantages of each system (like 5points or so)? I've heard about the Xbox 360 red ring problem, and that sort of threw me off the 360 bandwagon. Thanks.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #15
evinecz
Banned

Ok here it is. It has arrived.

Im not rich, so i cant buy an HDTV plus im in Jamaica, i doubt there's even HDTV.lol

Pink controller for my sis!

Last edited by evinecz : 05-14-2008 at 01:16 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: