Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Round 1, Sixers-Pistons: Game 2 WED 7:30pm ET

Philadelphia 76'ers @ Detroit Pistons
Vs.

PHI Leads Series 1-0

Starting Line-Ups
Andre Iguodala--Tayshaun Prince
Thaddeus Young--Antonio McDyess
Samuel Dalembert--Rasheed Wallace
Willie Green--Rip Hamilton
Andre Miller--Chauncey Billups

-A key match up here is Andre Miller, and Chauncey Billups. Miller held Billups to only 11 points in 35 minutes in their last meeting.
-The Pistons bench will also have to step up, from game 1 being outscored +5 by the 76'ers bench. Key players off the bench are Rodney Stuckey from the Detroit Pistons, and Reggie Evans from the 76'ers. Reggie Evans scored 11 points, and grabbed 14 rebounds in Philadelphia's Game 1 victory on Sunday.

Last edited by NY Comeback : 04-23-2008 at 03:51 PM.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Round 1, Sixers-Pistons: Game 2 WED 7:30pm ET

Pistons bench dominated the first, Flip just didn't play them the second half, except Max.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hey man, as a Pistons fan, you think this is a must win game? I heard Chauncey say it definitely wasn't. He said even if they go down 2-0 the, Pistons would still win the series. I like Chauncey, and all, but at times it really seems like he doesn't respect his opponents....at all. I mean, the Sixers beat them at the Palace....he could give them a little credit.

And can a mod please Sticky this?
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont even know how they beat the Pistons in Game 1. I think that game will shake the Pistons out of their stupor and make them see they have to take the 76ers serious.

The Sixers could win if they get the Pistons playing at a fast pace and if they get on the offensive glass. Miller and Iggy will have good performances but to win the Sixers need to get double digit point production from Green, Young, Williams, and Dalembert.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Pistons' guard Chauncey Billups doesn't think Game Two against the 76ers is a must-win in their seven games series, according to the Detroit Free Press.

"I hope that this doesn't happen, but if we were down 0-2, I still feel like we'd win the series," Billups said. "But I don't want to get there and have to prove you all of that."

Thats the wrong attitude to go into a game.This is a must win IMO for the Pistons,you dont want to lose 2 of your home games and then go to Philly were anything can happen.
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not must win, but a really good idea if you don't want to kill yourself in the first round.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #7
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Round 1, Sixers at Pistons, Game 2, 7:30pm ET

The game is on NBA TV

Philly upset Detroit in game one and leads the series 1-0
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Round 1, Sixers at Pistons, Game 2, 7:30pm ET

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85364

You might want to merge the existing thread into this one.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
go-lakers
I brick open layups

go-lakers has an OK reputation so far

Geez, Pistons still don't have that "must-win" mentality. I'm rooting for the 76ers to embarrass them again.
go-lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #10
flintstone
Good High School Starter

flintstone has an OK reputation so far

I didn't hear him say that? Flip said this is a must win, I'm sure Chauncey agrees...along with everyone else.

These guys aren't dumb....just lazy
flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #11
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

whoot! I cant wait despite not having nbatv. any links?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:29 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Keysd for Sixers win

1. Push push push push the rock and score in transition.
2. Rebounds, rebounds, rebounds rebounds, dont give Det 2nd chance oppurtunities
3. Defense, defense defense...do not give Mcdyess, Sheed, Rip, Billups open looks
4. Make FTs 80% or better
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #13
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintstone
I didn't hear him say that? Flip said this is a must win, I'm sure Chauncey agrees...along with everyone else.

These guys aren't dumb....just lazy

He did say it.

Link
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #14
SHEED_ gangsta
I know everything

SHEED_ gangsta has decent reputationSHEED_ gangsta has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Keysd for Sixers win

1. Push push push push the rock and score in transition.
2. Rebounds, rebounds, rebounds rebounds, dont give Det 2nd chance oppurtunities3. Defense, defense defense...do not give Mcdyess, Sheed, Rip, Billups open looks
4. Make FTs 80% or better

easier said than done especially when J MAX is on the floor
SHEED_ gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #15
SHEED_ gangsta
I know everything

SHEED_ gangsta has decent reputationSHEED_ gangsta has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Comeback
Hey man, as a Pistons fan, you think this is a must win game? I heard Chauncey say it definitely wasn't. He said even if they go down 2-0 the, Pistons would still win the series. I like Chauncey, and all, but at times it really seems like he doesn't respect his opponents....at all. I mean, the Sixers beat them at the Palace....he could give them a little credit.

And can a mod please Sticky this?

you're just realizing this now? the whole team is like that! that's half the reason they lost to Cleveland. they play amazing for a few quarters then just go on cruise control thinking the other team won't come back
SHEED_ gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: