Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 08-11-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default Finally some kings rumors...

Finally some King rumors:

"They canít though, which may have something to do with the rumblings of (the Sacramento Kings') interest in Seattle power forward Chris Wilcox. According to the Seattle Times, the Kings are among three teams that made contact with the SuperSonics regarding trade options for the 23-year-old. Wilcox, who was traded from the Clippers to the SuperSonics midway through last season, showed promise in his 29 games in Seattle." Sacramento Bee

"Word is former Kings center and free agent Scot Pollard has tried to get back to Sacramento. Thatís a bit of a change from early in the free agency period, when Kings president of basketball operations Geoff Petrie pursued then-free agent center Joel Pryzbilla of Portland." Sacramento Bee

I wonder what we would have to give up to get wilcox? Im guessing an expiring contract and maybe kenny (if they take him)

Pollard coming back would be as big as resigning jamal sampson.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Pollard coming back would be as big as resigning jamal sampson.
take pollard back, hes playing like **** in indy...trade him back for brad miller :rollingeyes:
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

Loren Woods to Kings? This one is making the rounds, I know him from playing in Toronto for a couple of seasons, What do you think Kings fans?

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/story/.../10/2306/66663
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:17 AM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Would rather have Loren Woods than Pollard. I think Woods can be like a new Keon Clark if he gets some PT. I've heard he loses confidence sometimes, but I think that the arco crowd and Ron Artest(he's been a very good leader in Sac, always encouraging teammates and such) could help fix that problem. I've looked at Woods' game logs and some things like per 40 mins on bball-reference.com, he can be a pretty good rebounder and a very good shotblocker IMO. That is just what the doctor ordered for the Kings. Best thing of all, he's not crazy/old/washed up like Pollard.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
take pollard back, hes playing like **** in indy...trade him back for brad miller

Brad Miller's great... and only good thing about Pollard than Brad Miller is his hair...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

woods was on one of the local tv news sports sections last night
Old 08-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #7
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
woods was on one of the local tv news sports sections last night

As in he was actually on it or he was just being talked about? If he was actually on what'd he say?
Old 08-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #8
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

If Bonzi wants out, then trade him for Wilcox?
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
As in he was actually on it or he was just being talked about? If he was actually on what'd he say?
they were talking about him on fox, i just mentioned it, because it gave the rumor more validity than most insidehoops forum rumors
Old 08-13-2006, 03:31 PM   #10
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Talking Hearing them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
If Bonzi wants out, then trade him for Wilcox?

That's what I'm talking about....If Geoff made contact with the Sonics about Wilcox, then there must be a little hint that the Maloofs would go over the Luxury Tax....Please Geoff....Bring Wilcox to us...
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:06 AM   #11
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Murder
That's what I'm talking about....If Geoff made contact with the Sonics about Wilcox, then there must be a little hint that the Maloofs would go over the Luxury Tax....Please Geoff....Bring Wilcox to us...

wouldnt that be great though more atheletic guys on the squad tough guys who arent scared..... with the additon of him we could be atleast 4 or 3rd in the west....... st line up would look sumtin like dis

C brad miller
pf chris wilcox
sf ron ron
sg john salmons
pg mike bibs

the reason for this starting line up is bibby isnt a real play maker persay so we would need salmons to set ery one up this is where bibby can have more energy to do what he does best and thats shoot so now the offense looks proper.... and i much rather john salmons starting over kevin martin even though martin is a better shooter...... kevin brings us much needed bench scoring he and garcia is a killer combo of th bench and i like da signin of loren woods to brings us depth
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:13 AM   #12
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
wouldnt that be great though more atheletic guys on the squad tough guys who arent scared..... with the additon of him we could be atleast 4 or 3rd in the west....... st line up would look sumtin like dis

C brad miller
pf chris wilcox
sf ron ron
sg john salmons
pg mike bibs

the reason for this starting line up is bibby isnt a real play maker persay so we would need salmons to set ery one up this is where bibby can have more energy to do what he does best and thats shoot so now the offense looks proper.... and i much rather john salmons starting over kevin martin even though martin is a better shooter...... kevin brings us much needed bench scoring he and garcia is a killer combo of th bench and i like da signin of loren woods to brings us depth

Before he played for Adelman(who likes PGs to score) and when Brad broke his leg Mike did a great job setting everyone up. Also KMart did much better starting last year than he did coming off the bench. Hope we get Wilcox though.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:47 AM   #13
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Lightbulb In those...venomous eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident

C brad miller
pf chris wilcox
sf ron ron
sg john salmons
pg mike bibs

John Salmons is not starting over Kevin Martin. I'll just **** my pants if Salmons starts over Martin.

Anyways...My dream lineup...

PG - Bibby / Salmons / Douby
SG - Martin / Salmons / Garcia / Douby
SF - Artest / Garcia / Salmons
PF - Wilcox / Abdur-Rahim / Williams
C - Miller / Woods / Pottypengko

Kenny and Jason Hart aren't worth putting there because I just don't like them.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #14
Buck
I airball my layups

Buck has an OK reputation so far
Default Control the Spending

To all--you can't just go beyond the luxury tax threshold at your own leisure. (Same with the salary cap.)The salary cap is $53.1Mil and the threshold for the Luixury tax is $65.4Mil. The NBA salary cap and luxury tax are "soft caps" which means there are allowable exceptions whereby the above two figures may be exceeded. The Kings are already at or slightly below the luxury tax threshold. I don't know whether there is an exception available whereby the Kings could gain approval to spent more on salaries at this time..

I might be best if Petrie handles the bank account carefully.
Bibby will be looking for a new contract after this season and that would be an instance where there is an allowable exception. Then the year after that, '08 - '09 Ron Artest will bew looking for a new contract.

In addition, some money should be reserved for the next draft and free agency comning up in less than a year.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:14 AM   #15
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

we have Reef and Kenny Thomas and we want another PF???
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: