Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 04-24-2008, 02:39 AM   #1
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool
Default Udoka..

This guy is good. If he ever gets a consistent 3 ball he can be SICK! Anyone else agree?

He gets so many good looks because all the attention that the big three get.. if he had a brent barry type 3, he'd be incredible.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Udoka..

Yeah he's decent. Perhaps they are grooming him into the next Bruce Bowen?

I honestly couldn't comment on his defense, so could any Spurs fans enlighten us on what its like?
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation

Here is an interesting article on Udoka... and he is a great addition to the Spurs. He hustles, he dives for loose balls, he is a great 3 point shooter and he's a very nice man.

Quote:
Udoka "doing a lot" for Spurs
Excerpt; Joe Freeman, Oregonian
Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Blazers miss, Ime Udoka. So writes Joe Freeman of the Oregonian newspaper:

"Me and Coach were just sitting and talking about Ime," Blazers guard Brandon Roy said after a loss to San Antonio on Sunday. "We wish we had him this year. We feel like he would have been the difference in four or five games that we lost, just because of his decision-making, the big plays he makes and his defense. Ime did a lot for us."

And now, after an up-and-down season in which he had to earn the trust of a new coach and blend into an established, veteran locker room, Udoka is "doing a lot" for one of the NBA's elite franchises. In a microcosm of his rags-to-riches path to the NBA, Udoka has tirelessly transformed himself from a bit player into a key component of a San Antonio team that appears poised for another deep playoff run.

"We don't really talk about the regular season, everything here is geared toward the playoffs," Udoka said. "Wins and losses don't matter; it's all about getting momentum going into the playoffs. Even though I haven't experienced it before, when I signed with this team, I knew that's what we were going to be doing: chasing for championships every year."

http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/news...asp?a=4619&z=1

"I'd love to finish my career here," says Udoka.
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

How old is Ime? i heard he was like 30, but I thought more like 25. If he's about 25, then he could definitely be a future starter when Bowen's gone. He ticks me off sometimes, but he is a good help off the bench and if his 3 ball gets consistent he'll be starter-worthy.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

You have to give the guy credit. It's his first time being on an actual championship contending team and he's handled the pressure very well. The way he plays, he could be better than Bruce Bowen ever was if he ups his defense and can learn to knock down the three consistently. Plain and simple, I like Udoka.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
PCB Spurs Fan
I brick open layups

PCB Spurs Fan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
How old is Ime? i heard he was like 30, but I thought more like 25. If he's about 25, then he could definitely be a future starter when Bowen's gone. He ticks me off sometimes, but he is a good help off the bench and if his 3 ball gets consistent he'll be starter-worthy.
Udoka is almost 31 DOB 08/09/1977. He has played pretty good defense and some nights he's really hot offensively, my problem with him is that he isn't consistent enough yet. I think with some more playtime he'll get more accustomed to the Spurs way...he'll evolve under then mentorship he has on the Spurs team..
PCB Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
TB3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TB3 has an OK reputation so far

I didn't really like Udoka to start the season, but he's really impressed me as a backup against the Suns. He's not a big offensive threat, but he can hit the open 3, and he plays some good defense, rebounds, and works his but off. Sort of like a poor man's Bowen in terms of the qualities he brings to the Spurs.
TB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:03 PM   #8
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation

I think he was too timid to shoot because of Pop's DEFENSE FIRST game plan. But looks like Pop gave him the green light to shoot... so he is going to be huge for us in our playoff run!
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: