Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default O.T. Bears Draft

The Bears have 11 picks all together;1st rd pick at #14, 2nd rd pick at #44, two 3rd round picks #70 and #90, 4th rd #110, 5th rd #142, 6th rd #175, and four 7th rd picks which include picks #222, #243, #247 and #248.

With the first pick I'd expect them to get an Offensive tackle, with their second pick they could go for a quarter back either staying with that pick or trading up, although I've heard they could select a WR with that pick or wait until the third round to do so. I wouldn't mind seeing them select the best possible running back at 70 and another offensive player as well at 90. At 110 you can still get a solid offensive player. With the 5th rd pick I'd use it on the best possible safety. The rest of the picks I don't know what I'd do with them.

It's obvious that the Bears should really focus on offense when draft day comes and maybe select a few defensive players with their 7th rd picks.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: O.T. Bears Draft

ohh man, i'm glad somebody made a thread bout the bears........i have a good feeling they will go with a tackle with that 14th pick.......altho, just in my opinion, i would be tempting not to take mendenhall if he's available at 14.......i really think he's gonna be a really good back.....but then again, there's a lot of good running backs in this class.......so, i hope they'd take that williams kid from vanderbilt i think.....from what i've read, he's a pretty good tackle, big guy too.......and go for a running back with that 2nd round pick......aside from mcfadden, mendenhall, and maybe jonathan stewart....i dunno whos really the next guy in line.....i know there's plenty of backs to choose from.......rumors are if they do choose a rb, they might go with tulane's matt forte, kevin smith, and some other dude........there's felix jones, backup of mcfadden.........we'll see..........and i hope they get a good qb actually.....aside from the popular ones like chad henne, erik ainge, brian brohm..........i wouldn't mind having josh johnson or andre woodson.......

we'll see what happens........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Just say no to Chad Henne.

Either way, it's going to be a 5-7 win season. They're rebuilding.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool

im predicting 10 wins. Last year there was such a high bar set and they failed. This year the bar will be set pretty low and I think they will exceed surprisingly.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

YESSS! i am so glad you made a bears thread! rumors are they might trade down to grab henne, and i hope to god they don't, that williams kid from vandy is supposed to be good from what i heard, but i really really like that kid otah from boise st. but i heard he might be gone, but either way i want them to draft o tackles with the first two rounds, i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mendenhall i think he's a STUD! he also went to my high school NILES WEST BABY!! SKOKIE REPRESENTIN SON! haha sorry about that, but there are pleny of rbs in this class and we can get a solid one in the later rounds

third round i want them to grab that SS from notre dame zbikowski, he's a animal, or felix jones if he's availbable which i don't think he would be, im a big felix jones fan, i actually like jones more than jonathon stewart, and if it wasn't for mcfadden felix would be a 1st round lock.

if we grab zbikowski, i would like to grab either josh johnson, i think he has HUGGGE potential, or allen patrick! i think allen patrick is a STUD also, i will be happy with either felix jones, or allen patrick, but i think we can snag patrick with maybe a 4th rounder, but i definitely think we should grab either one of those backs, i prefer allen patrick since we can steal him in the later rounds.

after we grab a rb, we need a wr, i really think james hardy can be a plaxico burress type player and i think he's the best wr in this draft class, but i heard he's a head case, but how many great wrs do we know that are head cases? if we can grab hardy with a 2nd round, which i do not think will be possible, i say do it! if not i say grab marcus MONK! he's gonna be the sleeper in this years draft class! i like em razorbacks, he never got a chance to shine since all the razorbacks did was run with darren, felix, and they had that senior rb that was mad solid also, so marcus never got a chance, plus he was injured half the season, i think he has a chance to be a possible pro-bowler given the oppurtunity, i hope we grab marcus monk!

another player that im in love with is... colt brennan! YES! colt brennan! forget the system qb tag he has one him, i've been watchin him very closely since his jr year and he's the most accurate qb i've seen since the other mater dei alum matt leinart although i think brennan is wayyy more accurate than leinart, with the right coaching he has the potential to be a franchise qb, there are a lot of accurate passers, but then there are ridiculous accurate passers and he's one of em, and you can't teach or coach that, thats only god given, he does have a side arm delivry and at 6'2 it might hurt him, but he can correct that, brennan is someone you just sit on for about a season and a half, bulk him up to about 215-220, he's listed at 200 right now, but i think he's more like 185 190, but he is a tremendous talent, and he would be a steal in the 6th round.

there ya have it, what yall think???
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #6
ILLEFEX

like crazy said the bears got 14th, 44th, 70th, 90th.....thats the first 3 rounds.......i was actually even hoping that the bears would try to deal their 14th for the falcon's 34th and 37th and they would end up with:

1st rd - no picks

2nd rd - 34th
37th
44th

3rd rd - 70th
90th

with 3 picks in the 2nd rd, i think they can grab 2 best available tackles and then a RB with the 44th..........then, 70th would be a qb or the best wr avail........i like tommy z myself too and hopefully the bears can get him in the later rounds.......if not hopefully he's there sitting and waiting at 90.......

just a thought.......
Old 04-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
DwadeOverLebron

also i would also love to trade urlacher (he makes me sick right now) for a top ten pick (maybe top 3 and grab mcfadden haha yeah i know im dreaming), and 2nd or 3rd rounder for insurance, and grab dan conner pen st LB, than we gotta shot at james hardy, and marcus monk, those two together with marty booker, and devin hester= electrifying, and then grab a rb, kevin smith, felix jones, and fersure we'll have allen patrick available in the later rounds
Old 04-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #8
ILLEFEX

i like urlacher but i hate it when they start *****in bout getting paid.....i say trade him too.....send him to atlanta then for the 3rd pick, okay not.......how bout their 2 second rd, 34th and 37th and michael jenkins........

YO DWADE, where's niles west at.......i always get confused when they have east and west.......especially MAINE: west, east, south..........

i know there's quiet a few posters here in the bulls forum but i wasn't sure where everybody is really from...........
Old 04-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #9
DwadeOverLebron

its actually in morton grove technically, but its actually on the morton grove skokie boundry, but on the morton grove side, but its considered skokie because skokie is the bigger town, and 80% of the kids are from skokie, so i just tell people skokie.

yeah i can't stand urlacher, actually yall might think im crazy but i wouldn't mind trading devin hester... whoaaaaa! calm down calm down! if you seriously think about it, do yall think devin hesters gonna duplicate what he did the past two seasons? he 'll maybe run back 4 kr/pr MAX! yeah yeah i know about the field position, but i think its as much as him as it is our entire special teams unit. wouldn't it be worth grabbin a possible but highly probable franchise player for hester? i love the guy too but his value won't get any higher than it is already, u gotta think about the long haul. maybe we can package hester/urlacher and grab mcfadden (i didn't say anything about mcfadden earlier but players like him don't come around too often he's a BIG BIG BIGTIME player, comparisons to AP are unfair cuz theres a guy named steve hutchinson that'll make the other AP look like the real AP)

Old 04-24-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Like a couple of you said, I also really like Mendenhall, but it's tough for a running back to succeed with a poor offensive line, so that's what holding such an option out unfortunatley. Illefex made a good point about the Bears maybe trying to trade down. Going for the Falcons 34th and 37th pick could be a good idea. They can get a quarter back or RB and an offensive tackle or get a RB or WR with their own 44th pick. The Bears fill more needs that way and save some money.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #11
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

For those who haven't posted anything yet, feel welcome to post what you'd like the Bears to do with their picks or what they might actually do.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #12
DwadeOverLebron

instead of drafting what we need, like a qb this round, and wr this round, you gotta make a list of individual players you like and rank em, don't look at what espn and other peoople are doing, you gotta rank the ones you like first from watchin the games, im not really into combine testing and what not, and than see what the experts project em at, cuz my list of qbs wrs and rbs are completely different than what espn or what mel kiper listed, you gotta find that balance of personal projection, expert projection, and team needs and draft accordingly, i think thats the best way to draft, im not sayin im an expert (even tho i think im pretty dam close hurhurhurhur ) cuz from lookin at my past picks myself i've had some busts, but i've had some dead on picks, like that one year with eli, philip rivers, and ben rothlisberger, i had rothlisberger #1 overall rated qb, i actually wanted the bears to trade up to get him, but we traded down and grabbed grossman i also had matt lienart ahead of vince young... time will tell with that one, but vince young seems to be the better of the two right now
Old 04-25-2008, 12:13 AM   #13
ILLEFEX

bears fans unite! hahahaha.....

basically it all comes down to this:

if mendenhall is available at 14, should the bears pick him and grab a tackle later...or grab a tackle at 14 and pick from a big group of rb's in the 2nd....

so, what would you rather have:

- a really good rb in mendenhall that has lots of talent and settle for a lower rated tackle later...

- a first round talent tackle like vandy's williams or pitts otah or whoever else is considered the 2nd rated group of tackles behind jake long and settle for a rb later although this is a very deep class of rb's...

but then again, we all don't know how hey would turn out...the 1st rounders can turn out to be a ( marc colombo, injury ) and the later round picks can be a steal ( hester, berrian.......curtis martin, terrell davis, tom brady of course )

we just don't know......hopefully its more on the positive side than the negative....
Old 04-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #14
DwadeOverLebron

easily draft a tackle... mendenhalls dammm good when he played behind a bad line but overachieving line, he was tearin it up vs quality teams, but he did only have one outstanding season, and i understand he was splitten carries in his first two years which affected his #'s but this is a very very deep class of rb's, if it wasn't so deep i would say draft mendenhall, but thats not the case, this is a extremely deep class and the bears can afford to fill in a priority first, than to lose an oppurtunity to fill in a glaring need from gambling on a potential star/very good rb.

to make a long story short, DRAFT A OLINEMAN NO QUESTION ABOUT IT
Old 04-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #15
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: O.T. Bears Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
to make a long story short, DRAFT A OLINEMAN NO QUESTION ABOUT IT

I agree...the Bears need help on the offensive line. With plenty of good running back available in the second and third rounds, they can afford to wait. Otah is the best fit for the Bears, because he is a better run blocker. Williams and Clady are much better at pass blocking.

If they do go RB in the first round, I would suggest Jonathan Stewart over Mendenhall. The only reason people are down on Stewart is because he had that minor surgery so close to the Combine. He hasn't had a chance to work out, and that kind of surgery is not anything that would linger. He's proven that he can handle the load for multiple seasons, and has been more consistent than Mendenhall.

I don't know which linemen will be available in the second round - probably Carl Nicks and the Collins guy from Kansas. Can't really think of any more, so it would make more sense to invest a first round pick in protecting whatever QB they throw out there and trying to make some holes for the running game
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: