Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-25-2008, 02:25 PM   #16
brink666
Can barely lace up my sneakers

brink666 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: O.T. Bears Draft

Jim Finks, when he had the Bears draft, chose Linemen first, and McMahman (he already had Payton.) That resulted in a super bowl.

Brink
brink666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #17
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

me personally, its very tempting not to grab mendenhall if he's sitting there at 14 cause we all know he's a very good running back, but then again, you can be the best running but if there's nobody making holes for you, then you still suck.........

so, the bears should grab the best tackle at 14..........then, at 44th pick, if usc's sam baker still available, then grab him too.........2 lineman with the first 2 picks and then grab the rb at the 70th pick.........

i also heard that the lions wants to switch picks with the bears cause they want mendenhall so bad and thinks that the bears will take him........so, i say trade the pick with the lions and take another pick from them in the later rounds.........so maybe with the 14, lions will take mendenhall and 15, the bears can take jonathan stewart and a tackle later depending what additional they can get........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:58 PM   #18
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

really? i love the trade you mentioned with the lions, EXCEPT when you said jonathon stewarts name urgggggh, otah or that williams kid from vandy, either one of those guys, at least we got two options for our #1
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:24 PM   #19
ILLEFEX

the only reason i said stewart is because if the bears really want a rb early they can get him and also get an additional pick from the lions..........

all in all, i hope mendenhall will be gone by the time the bears pick so there would be no debate as to whether the bears should've picked him up rather than a tackle.......and with him gone, the bears can focus their attention to the best available tackle at 14........

besides, if the lions grab mendenhall..........imagine the next couple of years, every single year you get to see adrian peterson, rashard mendenhall, and ryan grant for a total of 6 games for the next couple years........

we already know what AP can do......and we gonna see a whole lot of ryan grant with brett favre gone.............

bears better try to make a deal with houston and their 18th pick cause i'm sure houston would love mendenhall since they passed on reggie couple years ago.......
Old 04-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #21
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

How sweet would it be if the Bears selected Rashard Mendenhall at #14 and then immediatley make a trade that would land them another first round pick in the 20's to select an offensive tackle. With the third pick they could then go for the best available quarter back and the following pick could be used for a WR. If something like this were to happen I'd be verry happy, but let's not kid ourselves we're talking about Jerry Angelo and his mediocre staff. Well it's good to hope for things like that to happen. I really don't know what the Bears will actually decide to do. I really hope most of their selections are beneficial to the team.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #22
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Bears on the clock! Will they draft an Offensive linemen or will they shock us all.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #23
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Chris Williams, they did get an offensive tackle. Is he the right choice?
Old 04-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #24
ILLEFEX

okay, bears on the clock for the 44th pick........we'll see what happen.......
it says " pick is in "

with the 44th pick, the chicago bears select.......MATT FORTE, running back from Tulane.......

not bad......i think they're gonna grab a qb with that 70th pick........
brian brohm and chad henne were waiting and thinking one of them was gonna go on that 44th pick.......
Old 04-26-2008, 11:18 PM   #25
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

chris williams that pick was expected great pick!

matt forte? i dont know anything about him, but i am really really dissapointed we coulda drafted a good rb later like allen patrick, i feel like this was angelos BS character guy, in other words a decent player that won't cause problems and will come cheap for the very cheap bears in the future

with wr's limas sweed on the board, malcolm kelly, ray rice! marcus monk

WTF!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #26
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

If they don't get a quarter back at 70 like Andre Woodson or Dixon would they really wait untill pick #90 and still get a respectable qb, maybe Colt Brennan. I thought originally it was in the Bears plan to get a QB relatively early so if they don't get one in the 3rd round I'll be a little surprised and also dissappointed because it shows the lack of commitment when it comes to QB on this team. If they do pass up on a QB for some reason I'm guessing they'll get a WR.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:33 AM   #27
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Bears select WR Earl Bennett with the #70 pick. Will the #90 pick finally be a QB? The Bears still need a 3rd string QB so why not, get the best guy available what's there to lose! Grossman and Ortom need some competition to see if they deserve a job. They need to get someone that could be a reliable backup at least and possibly someone they could hold onto for a little bit and develop. Woodson, Dixon, Brennan?
Old 04-27-2008, 12:43 PM   #28
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

I wonder what the Bears are doing with their 4th round pick. First they trade down from #110 to #115 and it looks like they traded the pick again?
Old 04-27-2008, 12:54 PM   #29
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

With what ended up being pick #120 the Bears select S Craig Steltz. I'm not sure the Bears will even go after a QB, even though they don't have a third string. Does anyone else think that's strange?
Old 04-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #30
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Horrible draft. Can't say that I'm suprised either.

Advice for other Bears fans: Lower your expectations. And hope that the QB they draft in the top 10 next season pans out. This team is going to be horrendous.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: