Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far
Default InsideHoops Rumor/Idea......

in the rumor section....i guess someboy wrote about maybe the bulls should go after okafor and trading hinrich for michael redd....

pg - hughes
sg - redd
sf - deng
pf - okafor
c - noah

thats also not a bad idea.........it might work in my opinion if okafor wants to come here and reunite with ben.......since skiles is now the coach in milwaukee, i think he would rather trade for hinrich than ben gordon......then, if that actually happens, i think we will be good for the next couple years......use the draft pick (9th) to draft a pg like oj mayo or dj augustin.....
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: InsideHoops Rumor/Idea......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
in the rumor section....i guess someboy wrote about maybe the bulls should go after okafor and trading hinrich for michael redd....

pg - hughes
sg - redd
sf - deng
pf - okafor
c - noah

thats also not a bad idea.........it might work in my opinion if okafor wants to come here and reunite with ben.......since skiles is now the coach in milwaukee, i think he would rather trade for hinrich than ben gordon......then, if that actually happens, i think we will be good for the next couple years......use the draft pick (9th) to draft a pg like oj mayo or dj augustin.....

I just read that too. Maybe we could put some kind of package together including some combination of Noc, Hinrich, Gordon, Thomas, Duhon for Okafor and Rose. That would truly balance the team. I think were in a great position this off season.

c-Noah
pf-Okafor
sf-Deng
sg-hughes
pg-rose
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
ILLEFEX

you're talking about like 2 separate offers right? like offer a couple guys for okafor and the other half for derrick rose? my understanding is that maybe okafor is a free agent cause it said something about " if he lowers his asking price ".....so, the bulls might be able to sign him without giving up anybody.......and like we've been saying, we don't know if riley would even trade that 1st or 2nd pick.........if he is, we don't know how much he's gonna ask for it........
its easy for us to assume, but lets just say if its possible...

- okafor will sign with the bulls and i bet he would tell pax that he wants to reunite with gordon
- we can swap hinrich for redd
- give miami 9th pick, hughes, thomas for d. rose

then we have:

pg - rose
sg - redd
sf - deng
pf - okafor
c - noah

woooow! if that would only happen........
Old 04-25-2008, 06:37 AM   #4
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 has decent reputationDengness9 has decent reputation

ILLEFX you got it wrong. The Bulls would have to have a sign and trade deal to get Okafor. Some package possibly involving Gooden, Tyrus, or the 9th pick, not all 3 though.

I also don't think the Bulls should target Redd. I think they should without a doubt go after Mo Williams. He's young, he averaged 17,6,3 for at the point this past season, and he is not as one dimensional as Redd. I would trade Hinrich and somebody for Mo Williams anyday!!!! Williams makes 8.3 next year where Hinrich makes an even 10 mil, so a small filler player to make it work. I think it's possible because Hinrich was Skiles boy and he could be possibly down for that switch.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
ILLEFEX

dengness, sorry man for the wrong info.....at least i didn't say he is a free agent, at least i said " i think ".....hahahaaha........i like okafor but he is a more defensive minded player from what i remember, not sure if he can some low post moves over the years or if he had it to begin with..........

also, what if the grizz gets #1 or even #2 pick....rumor is they would try to get rose.......how do you guys feel about the bulls going after conley?
Old 04-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #6
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: InsideHoops Rumor/Idea......

I would prefer Kyle Lowry over Conley. More athletic and can shoot better as well. Does anyone know when the Lottery is?
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 has decent reputationDengness9 has decent reputation

I totally disagree. I would take Conley over Lowry for sure. I think Conley is a better true point guard with more on court leadership when it comes to running a smooth offense. Lowry is nice, but I think Conley can be a triple-double type guard who is always active and extremely intelligent with handling and passing the ball.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:09 PM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

The Bulls could use a REAL point guard.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #9
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
The Bulls could use a REAL point guard.

After reading all these threads about pg's, its pretty darn difficult to narrow down who would be the right guy for the job. You have to factor in price, age, consistency, and of course talent. I keep seeing the same names popping up. Mo Williams, TJ Ford, A. Miller, B. Davis, Arenas, Conley, Lowry and of course Rose would all fit in nicely. Now when you say we need a real point gaurd just take your pick.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:11 PM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

I heard a rumor on TV somewhere that if the Grizzlies get the #2 pick, and Beasley goes #1, they would consider trading it along with Brian Cardinal to unload his contract since they are happy with the point guards they currently have on their roster. He makes $6.3 million next season and is a $6.75 million expirer in the 09/10 season. Maybe we could make some kind of offer like Deng, TT, our #1 pick this year, and a future #1. We would be giving up a lot to get Rose, but Paxson should at least explore the possibility. That would give us about $20 million in expiring contracts in 2010, and our PG of the future.

The only problem with this is that they already have Rudy Gay, who is Deng with an outside shot, and they already went through the Stromile Swift experiment, so I don't know if they would take kindly to TT.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #11
marksmith
Can barely lace up my sneakers

marksmith has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
The only problem with this is that they already have Rudy Gay, who is Deng with an outside shot, and they already went through the Stromile Swift experiment, so I don't know if they would take kindly to TT.

I love how because guys are young and athletically gifted, you can compare their careers. Other than those two things, you have no idea if you can compare those two players.
marksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #12
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith
I love how because guys are young and athletically gifted, you can compare their careers. Other than those two things, you have no idea if you can compare those two players.

Were my comparisons wrong? Everybody and their mother has been comparing TT to Swift since Tyrus came into the league and rightfully so. Their games are almost exactly alike, so just because Swift came 6 years before doesn't mean they can't be compared.

And is there another guy in the league that you could better compare Deng to? I can't really think of one.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #13
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

everybody and there mothers?

ummmmmmmmm.....

how many of our mothers watch basketball?

how many of our mothers that watch basketball made comparisons with tyrus and stromile?

who has a hot mom?

DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: