Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 08-16-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

benisjamin33 has an OK reputation so far
Default what we need to do

What we need to do is just get rid of a few people so we can clear up some playing time for out young people. I wouldn't mind just throwing away miles, and lafrentze because they are just hogging a bunch of cash and are totaly useless to the team at this point. I personally don't care if don't get anything for miles, maybe a draft pick and a throw in guy that won't get any playing time.
benisjamin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

I think to get rid of those big contracts with many years left, you have to add on a young player or draft picks. No one would want to trade an expiring contract for a longer one, so incentive in the deal is important.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:17 AM   #3
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

The whole team is in a massive whole... But look on the bright side, the trailblazers website owns
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:27 AM   #4
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

benisjamin33 has an OK reputation so far

lol yeah the worst team in the league has the best site by far, how does that work? I know they have massive contracts and all but there has to be some team that is looking for a two massive contracts and lack of talent?
benisjamin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #5
JJCollector
I airball my layups

JJCollector has an OK reputation so far

Well I thought that was what Portland was doing this offseason by making all those trades, and we can all expect at least 1 more to be made either before or during the season. Randolph and D-Miles have issues and I don't think too many teams in the league are big on DMiles so trading him is going to be tough (unless Isiah's foolishness gets the best of him again).
JJCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:09 AM   #6
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Well I'll take the harsh line here. The only 3 players I'm sold on in the team are Jack, Roy and Prz. Randolph I'm giving a last chance after his summer workouts. Everyone else can go. Martell is expandable with Roy here, I don't think he'll amount to anything but a good outside shooter. Miles is a lost cause, Outlaw doesn't have the brains, Aldridge is too soft, Magloire is a bum who won't give a **** about this team.

Trade them, Miles, Aldridge, Webster, Magloire and Outlaw can be had for a star SF. That should be able to get someone nice in return. At wors play Martell at SF.

PG:Jack
SG:Roy
SF:?
SF:Randolph
C:Prz
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: