Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 04-25-2008, 03:38 AM   #1
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation
Default Phoenix looking to rally against San Antonio

Quote:
Wire Reports - Comtex AP
Thursday, April 24, 2008

PHOENIX With Phoenix trailing San Antonio two games to none, Suns coach Mike D'Antoni is trying to figure out what needs to change in Game 3 of the Western Conference playoff series. "I can't tell you that," D'Antoni said. "How about we just play better?"

The Suns played well enough to build double-digit leads in each of the first two games but couldn't close the deal either time. In Game 1, San Antonio needed two late 3-pointers as it rallied for a 117-115 double-overtime victory. In Game 2, the Spurs blitzed Phoenix 27-11 in the third quarter on their way to a decisive 102-96 victory.

The losses have left the Suns in a familiar position fighting back against San Antonio, which has eliminated them in three of the Suns' last four postseason appearances. In the teams' last three series, the Suns have led the Spurs only once after Game 1 in 2003. The Suns have overcome an 0-2 playoff deficit only once in a best-of-five series against the Los Angeles Lakers in 1993.

Both teams took Wednesday off and were not available to the media. Before they left San Antonio, the Suns vowed to make a stand when the series resumes on Friday night at US Airways Center. "They just did what they were supposed to do," center Shaquille O'Neal said after San Antonio's Game 2 victory on Tuesday night. "They protected their home court. Now we have two at our place. On Friday we've got to get Game 3 and just take it from there." For their part, the Spurs aren't looking ahead to the second round.

http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/news...sp?a=4674&z=11
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
patigree
Decent playground baller

patigree has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Phoenix looking to rally against San Antonio

Suns desperately need to win tonight. I don't know why Suns didn't drew at least one in San Antonio, because like it was said Suns played 2 very good games. But, it all comes down to who's tougher and mentally Spurs are probably the best in the NBA. Although I don't like the Spurs, I have to say I respect them because they are really good. I just hope Suns can somehow bounce back.
patigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:22 AM   #3
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation
Default Re: Phoenix looking to rally against San Antonio

The Suns lost...

Spurs 3 Suns 0

ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: