Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #481
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Default Re: Round 1, Lakers @ Nuggets, Game 3, Sat 5:30pm ET

Quote:
just wanted to let you know I read and do respect your answer.
It's mutual, as I'm sure you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
True that.

Now let's take it one step further and replace the players with robots as well, shall we? And to top it off, why don't we replace the fans and the viewers with robots just as well?

That way, all players, refs and fans would play and watch a perfect game, where the better 'team' always wins and the fans always know what to expect. As a side-effect, no comment on the refs would be justified, ever. They would yell you back: 'Oh, my Constructor', C3PO style.

I mean, let's take out the subjective, disturbing elements altogether, once and for all. That should be great.
Going from the referees being perfect to everything about the game being perfect is a pretty big leap for you to make there. A reach to say the least. The referees are supposed to be completely objective. That's their job. The refs being "good" or "bad" shouldn't have any effect on the game. It does, but in a perfect world, it wouldn't. Would you argue with that? In an idea world, for me at least, the referees would be absolutely perfect and they would never screw up. Everything would come down to the capabilities of the guys actually competing.

Now, I do have to add that people couldn't know that they never screw up. If the population knew that these super robot referees were incapable of making an incorrect call, it would take away from some of the the fun of the game. Fans would still be able to argue the calls and without knowledge of the perfect refs, they could legitimize their arguments, but the right ones would always be called. And that's what matters.

Then again, according to that scenario, how do we know that the refs we have now aren't already perfect? ****, I just confused myself. You get the idea though.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:45 PM   #482
Loki
Banned

After this series (and even before it to those with any sense), it's clear that Denver is horribly overrated, as are AI and especially Melo. The entire team has no pride, they have no offensive sets to speak of in the halfcourt, and they can't play defense (I've literally never seen the ENTIRE lane so wide open that many times in one game).

Melo should just end himself. Dude got taken out of the game and the series by Luke freaking Walton and Radmanovic. A player of Melo's caliber (or his supposed caliber, anyway) should be destroying these guys on the offensive end. There's no reason Melo shouldn't have averaged around 30 on 50+% shooting in this series.

The Lakers are a good passing team, but a lot of how good their passing looked this series is because Denver has zero defensive awareness, horrible defensive spacing, and their hands are all down by their sides. No communication whatsoever, no anticipation, no help, nothing. They're stupid, too. Gee, let's get Melo the ball in the same exact spot every single time, have him face up the same exact way, and expect different results when it's clear that LA had him on lock. They overloaded Melo's side of the floor defensively, but there was no weak side movement AT ALL, which could have led to easy baskets (but likely wouldn't have anyway, since Melo is a subpar passer). They could have tried to get him the ball on flashes across the lane, or given it to him at the top of the key, but no, they're too stupid to try anything different.

Just horrible all around. Denver should be ashamed of themselves. LA is good, but they're not that good. Denver should have taken two games in this series. I never expected them to win, but this is ridiculous.

Last edited by Loki : 04-26-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:46 PM   #483
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Carmelo: "In the second half, we all quit from the coaches down the players"

I couldn't believe he said that either. I think the Nuggets are ready to go on vacation. They just don't seem to be interested.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:50 PM   #484
BryantGasol89
6-time NBA MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
I couldn't believe he said that either. I think the Nuggets are ready to go on vacation. They just don't seem to be interested.

Yea, if it wasn't evident from the game then it's definitely clear now that they're disinterested after what he said.

But I don't care, let's wrap this thing up on Monday and prepare for phase 2.
BryantGasol89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #485
hotsizzle
Superstar

I've lost soooo much respect for Carmelo from this series
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #486
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:

Well, I feel sorry for you, but you can do the same for me. As in: You've just lost something I actually never had.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #487
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

So, I take it Kobe is finally going to make it out the 1st round? I predict a major drop off from certain posters for the rest of the post-season....not going to say any names, though.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #488
amfirst
Great college starter

What's funnie is that most Nuggest fans don't post stupid prediction of beating the Laks, but it's the dumb lakers haters in every game.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #489
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
it's clear that Denver is horribly overrated, as are AI and especially Melo.

Save that for Anthony and Denver. I'm by no means a fan of AI, but for him to be playing this well considering his age and size is a big achievement. And at least he cares. He does not play (and never has for that matter) a winning style of basketball, but he is going out there and tries to do whatever it takes to win. As for Denver's other players and coaching stuff... I dunno about that.

Kleiza deserves better. AI deserves better. Even Campby deserves better. The rest of that team... ugh. Good talent, no heart whatsoever.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #490
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Save that for Anthony and Denver. I'm by no means a fan of AI, but for him to be playing this well considering his age and size is a big achievement. And at least he cares. He does not play (and never has for that matter) a winning style of basketball, but he is going out there and tries to do whatever it takes to win. As for Denver's other players and coaching stuff... I dunno about that.

Kleiza deserves better. AI deserves better. Even Campby deserves better. The rest of that team... ugh. Good talent, no heart whatsoever.

Melo has heart its just that Denver's management has sabotaged him by adding AI to the team. His selfish me-first brand of basketball ruined the team and is hampering Melo's development. Melo should request request that either he or Iverson be traded. If you put Melo in a real offense like what LA or Detroit runs then he is a lot better. Melo played horrible today but Im not giving up on him, I still feel this is the totally wrong situation for him to be in.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #491
Loki
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, I was a bit harsh on AI. I guess I just expected a much better game out of him (and their entire team) today in a must-win situation. As the veteran leader and the best player on the team, he needed to set the tone and didn't.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #492
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:

See, I always thought Melo cared and was actually passionate about the game, I still that. Dude works hard in the offseason and has been one of the most consistent offensive players ever since he came into the league. But hes on his way to 0-5 in the first round now and his playoff performances have been absolutely horrible...so I dont know, could be a mental thing. He never struck me as the quitter type but he appears to be very mentally weak.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:07 PM   #493
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
I'm the same way. It's almost as if he's too impatient to draw any doubles, and he just charges straight into the lane. When he does get the ball on the block, it seems like he should take a few backdown dribbles and wait for LA to double, and (despite his poor passing ability) kick it back out. He never does that though.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #494
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
The referees are supposed to be completely objective. That's their job.

And players are suposed to hit their free throws. That's theirs. Sure, there are better and worse players at the line, but even the best of them misses some of the time.

So you are right as far as the better team sometimes not winning due to a couple of bad calls here and there is concerned, but some of the time the better team fails to win because some players were not hitting their free throws, or win by a few very lucky bounces here and there, a 3 pointer rimming out or in, etc.

Thank God, playing, refereeing, enjoying and judging the game is highly subjective, and all the above are prone to some disrutbing failures -so we can have this great site discussing our (also less-than-perfect) opinions.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #495
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I'm the same way. It's almost as if he's too impatient to draw any doubles, and he just charges straight into the lane. When he does get the ball on the block, it seems like he should take a few backdown dribbles and wait for LA to double, and (despite his poor passing ability) kick it back out. He never does that though.
Melo isnt a poor passer...no one on Denver moves without the ball. Even when he gets doubled, AI and the rest of the team just stands there. This has to blamed on Denver management, they were better with Andre Miller and need to get rid of AI at all costs.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: