Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-27-2008, 01:01 AM   #511
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 1, Lakers @ Nuggets, Game 3, Sat 5:30pm ET

Karl needs to be fired, immediately, no player on the Nuggets can be judged until he is gone.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:04 AM   #512
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation

I caught some flack when I said this after Game 1, but I still think it's true - Melo has had no impact on this series. Even when he hits a shot, the Lakers are still up 15. Melo needs to make an IMPACT.

Dude doesn't even demand the ball -- being guarded by Rad and Luke. WTF? And what's up with all the smiling during the game when ur getting ur AZZ kicked! Melo needs to wake up and realize that it's not the regular season. HE needs to show some heart like AI
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:33 AM   #513
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmacsRockets
Denver is just terrible.

Any team that wins 50 games in the west is pretty decent. The 35 wins in the EAST Atlanta Hawks are terrible and they just spanked the 65 win Celtics. Lakers stepped up their D and created turnovers. Give credit where its due.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:38 AM   #514
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

LAKERS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:00 AM   #515
JustSaying
I hit open 5-footers

JustSaying has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
Any team that wins 50 games in the west is pretty decent. The 35 wins in the EAST Atlanta Hawks are terrible and they just spanked the 65 win Celtics. Lakers stepped up their D and created turnovers. Give credit where its due.

JustSaying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:07 AM   #516
grimreaper1377
Local High School Star

grimreaper1377 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop20
I caught some flack when I said this after Game 1, but I still think it's true - Melo has had no impact on this series. Even when he hits a shot, the Lakers are still up 15. Melo needs to make an IMPACT.

Dude doesn't even demand the ball -- being guarded by Rad and Luke. WTF? And what's up with all the smiling during the game when ur getting ur AZZ kicked! Melo needs to wake up and realize that it's not the regular season. HE needs to show some heart like AI

grimreaper1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:20 AM   #517
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

It's not a surprise to me if the Lakers won this game and scored over 100pts. Nonetheless, I was a little bit shocked by the Nuggets who seemed to have completely given up this game. The Lakers would most likely to be the second team to clinch the 2nd round(Sure Spurs would be the first).
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:39 AM   #518
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Before this series started, I had the Lakers winning but I thought that Denver could pull off a game or two and put up some challenge. I had no idea that it would be this easy for the Lakers though. I also had no idea that Denver was this gutless, this soft, this pathetic and would just completely quit. This lies squarely on their 2 superstar players, Iverson and Anthony. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I've lost alot of respect for both.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:14 AM   #519
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Iverson sat out all but 1:11 of the fourth quarter, when Nuggets coach George Karl emptied his bench, prompting Anthony to accuse the team of quitting.

"In a game like tonight, on our home court, us giving up as a whole is uncalled for," Anthony fumed. "Yeah. We quit. Everybody. From the coaches to the players, we quit. And I said it.

"I'm not blaming anyone. I'm not pointing the fingers at nobody. I didn't play worth a [expletive] tonight, and I can accept that. But as a competitor, there's no way that I should lay down and quit and lay down on my team like we did tonight."

Anthony said the Nuggets surrendered in the third quarter, although Karl didn't empty his bench until the fourth quarter.

"You could just sense it," Anthony said. "I'm saying 'we,' because I'm part of this, too. I'm saying I quit. We all just gave up."

At least one teammate concurred.

"That's the way it seemed," Kenyon Martin said. "Everybody came out of the game. A.I. came out, and he leads the league in minutes. It's frustrating."

"Well, I don't think I quit," Karl retorted. "... In the fourth quarter, I tried to find some answers. ... I don't think that's a fair, I think 'Melo's emotional right now, he's frustrated right now, as we all are."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280426007

Melo is pissed at Karl...
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:24 AM   #520
Darkthug
I hit open layups

Darkthug has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Craig Sager reported it at the start of the 3rd quarter. Frikken ridiculous..

I'm pretty sure he said they were watching it before the game, but either way its
Darkthug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #521
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Najera doesnt like the Machine either.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_9068887

Quote:
Eduardo Najera is not a Sasha Vujacic fan.

"He's a flopper," Najera said of the Lakers guard.

Najera fumed in postgame interviews Saturday when describing a situation in the second quarter in which Najera hit Vujacic in the throat, Vujacic hit the deck, and the Nuggets forward was called for a flagrant foul 1. Vujacic lay on the court, apparently writhing in pain. Najera was caught, but according to him, Vujacic plays dirty basketball all the time.

"I did hit him, but he knows what he was doing," Najera said. "He was holding me, grabbing my arm. They were trying to say that was a dirty one, but at the same time he was being pretty dirty himself. It's just when I hit him, he flopped more than I actually hit him. And being a little guy, he stayed on the ground and all that stuff and they called the foul."

Najera has been terminated.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:16 PM   #522
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

I felt that Vujacic flopped on that elbow from Najera. Dude barely touched him from the replay they showed and Sasha acted like he was hit by tank fire.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #523
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Sasha doesn't fall down and cover his face as if he's about to cry at least once a game, I'm thoroughly surprised. He's not really a flopper in a traditional sense, but he... accentuates pain about as well as anyone else in the league.

Does the trick though. I can't even remember how many guys he's pissed off in the league.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #524
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Does the trick though. I can't even remember how many guys he's pissed off in the league.

Not enough. Hopefully he's inspiring quotes like this all the way to the finals.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #525
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far

great win for L.A.

1 more win to sweep

but regarding the Nuggets, Richie2K6 hit the nail on the head with his The Nuggets' problems begin with the coach thread.

Karl has to go
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: