Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #16
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Big man for the draft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brink666

Westbrook, Augustin, etc are too short for the NBA game. See Gordan. Maybe Eric Maynor of Virg Comm, 6' 3" in the second rd.

westbrook is atleast 6-4 maybe 6-5- why would you pretend to know something if you dont have a clue?

westbrook is the second best point gaurd prospect in the draft and the bulls would be really really lucky to grab him at #9

westbrook vs bayless is a no brainer if you watch the pac 10 and have seen both players- bayless will be a solid starting point, but westbrook has all of the physical tools to be a star, maybe with the exception of not being a natural outside shooter- bayless is by far the better shooter, but westbrook is a bigger and more athletic and is a much better finisher
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #17
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

westbrooks good, but i dunno if thats what we need, we need a elite player, we have to many good role players, we need to package a trade and get a top tier player, but the problem with that is... everybody needs a elite player, its really pointless discussing who to draft when we don't know where we're picking, we need to hire a coach first, than depending on the coach and his style/system we need to draft accordingly

i always asked if the NBA riged the draft system, right now im hoping it is riged, the nba would benefit tremendously if d.rose came to chicago, what a story that would make, what revenue it could potentially rake in!

DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:55 AM   #18
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

westbrook is a poor man's monta ellis while bayless is a true pg
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:39 PM   #19
brink666
Can barely lace up my sneakers

brink666 has an OK reputation so far

Darren Collison was the point guard for UCLA. Now, if you're saying that Westbrook is the 2nd best PG in the draft, and he did not even start as a PG for UCLA, I'm not clear.

Did you see him play? He's good, but he's not 6'5". I think he's 6'2", but whatever his height is, he's a shooting guard, not point. Darren Collison plays point for UCLA.
brink666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #20
brink666
Can barely lace up my sneakers

brink666 has an OK reputation so far

Darren Collison was the point guard for UCLA. Now, if you're saying that Westbrook is the 2nd best PG in the draft, and he did not even start as a PG for UCLA, I'm not clear.

Did you see him play? He's good, but he's not 6'5". I think he's 6'2", but whatever his height is, he's a shooting guard, not point. Darren Collison plays point for UCLA.
brink666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #21
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Big man for the draft!

Whatever PG we get, size should not matter. He needs to be fast, a great dribbler, have above average court vision (Rose is the only one in this draft with amazing vision, and odds are we won't get him), and a great penetrator. If we get a tall PG, who cares? That won't help our biggest needs, which are defenses not respecting the penetration, and us not being able to run a good pick and roll. I could even care less if the guy can shoot, although Augustin and Bayless can shoot very well.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: