Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-16-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Arrow Coming off the Books...

These are the players coming off the books after this upcoming season..I think..

Allan Houston - $20,718,750
Jalen Rose - $16,901,500
Maurice Taylor - $9,750,000
Shandon Anderson - $8,500,000

That's...$55,870,250...

$138,578,654 - $55,870,250 = $82,708,404

Still over the cap.

I don't think Balkman's or Mardy's salary is in there so.... .still over the cap..

That is alot of money.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:01 AM   #2
mr. chew
I hit open layups

mr. chew has an OK reputation so far

we owe JYD ...
i think 6.5mil.. not exactly sure. but i knew he comes off the books.
mr. chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:05 AM   #3
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

cough it up
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #4
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Unfortunately Larry Brown's 50 Million bucks does not come off the cap! LOL
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:15 AM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
Unfortunately Larry Brown's 50 Million bucks does not come off the cap! LOL
It doesnt count towards the cap though.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
stillaloyalknick
Can barely lace up my sneakers

stillaloyalknick has an OK reputation so far
Default Brown

yah, techincally browns salary doesnt count against the cap, but if you think about it, the knicks organization still pays that 50 million, so they might heisitate to spend money else where (as in players)m because they are strapped to that rock. they might not have to pay luxury tax on his salary, but its almost the same.
stillaloyalknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:46 PM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

True, but the Knicks dont hesitate to spend money anywhere. You have to remember, James Dolan owns Cablevision. He could pay 5 mill just by increasing cable prices by a dollar for every customar.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 05:45 PM   #8
stillaloyalknick
Can barely lace up my sneakers

stillaloyalknick has an OK reputation so far
Default .

true, but i really dont think he does buisness like that.
you are correct in saying that the knicks do not hesitate to spend money, but i highly doubt that with a payroll of about 138 million (plus another 78 million luxury tax, plus another 10 million a year for the next 4 years for larry brown so 138+78+10= 226 million per years) that they would bring in any more big contracts (with some exceptions such as maybe kg or jermaine oneal)

so the actual cost of the knicks payroll is 226 million per year. i dont think they are gonna pay for another maximum contract role player (ie francis, and rose)
stillaloyalknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 05:59 PM   #9
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaloyalknick
true, but i really dont think he does buisness like that.
you are correct in saying that the knicks do not hesitate to spend money, but i highly doubt that with a payroll of about 138 million (plus another 78 million luxury tax, plus another 10 million a year for the next 4 years for larry brown so 138+78+10= 226 million per years) that they would bring in any more big contracts (with some exceptions such as maybe kg or jermaine oneal)

so the actual cost of the knicks payroll is 226 million per year. i dont think they are gonna pay for another maximum contract role player (ie francis, and rose)

Dollan has spent money like a drunk (billionaire) sailor in the past. However, it seems that the Knicks are considerably more hesitant than ever before in spending. Jeffries' $60 M deal ($30M salary + $30M Luxury tax) came as a big surprise to me since Zeke was quoted as saying that they would not be going for free agents this year or even using their mid-level exception.

By my estimation, the Knick payroll is $206 Million this year for current players including luxury tax, This figure does not include management salaries or money owed to former players such as Allan Houston.

Raise rates by $1,00 per month? We wish!

We CableBlindness customers are paying through the nose. CD raised my bill $30 per month beginning September to pay for his mistakes!

Need I say more?
Old 08-18-2006, 07:28 PM   #10
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Wow your guys cap situation is horrible. I knew it was bad but I didn't know it was this bad.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:57 PM   #11
cangoods
I brick open layups

cangoods has an OK reputation so far

And i think we are still paying Lenny Wilkins this year.

- CG
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:36 AM   #12
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Wow your guys cap situation is horrible. I knew it was bad but I didn't know it was this bad.

Isiah's solution to improving the team, which was way over the cap when he arrived, was to trade expiring contracts for expensive overpriced players year after year. Until recently, Isiah said that Knick fans would not accept rebuilding. Now he says we are rebuilding. LOL. Dollan gave him a blank checkbook until this season. The Knicks have the highest player payroll in the NBA and are by far the most over capped team. And that does not take into account ex players, ex management and the current miss-management.

Plus to get Curry, Zeke gave away our first round pick last year that turned out to be the #2 pick in the draft and gave Chicago the right to swap picks with us this year. So if the Knicks lose big again, we could be giving away another lottery pick and maybe even the #1 pick.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:27 AM   #13
cangoods
I brick open layups

cangoods has an OK reputation so far

I have said it on other boards and i will say it again. Up until the LB era Zeek did have a plan. He traded expriring conracts for draft picks and bad contracts that will be expiring with 3 years or so, to use as assets. To me it looks like his strateggy was to occumalate enough assets (young players draft picks, and expring contracts) to make a play at the next big free agent that becomes available. The one trade in his tenure that made no sense to me is the francis trade. If isaih the season he did last year, and just let AD, and Penny come off the books, i think knicks fans would have been fine w/ thatl.

And i think LB was fired because we didnt want to give away the #1 pick, and it would have played out the same as last year.

The one part of isaih's plan that is open to question, is building around marbury. Who is a good player but has alot of prove.
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:46 AM   #14
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Dollan and Isaiah say that they got Francis and Rose because LB wanted them.

But a few weeks later, acording to them LB wanted them and other players totaling 80 Million Dollars waved -- not even traded.

Last edited by oldknickfan : 08-26-2006 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
Dollan and Isaiah say that they got Francis and Rose because LB wanted them.

But a few weeks later, acording to them LB wanted them and other players totaling 80 Million Dollars waved -- not even traded.

Which goes to show that LB was trying his best to tank our season. He wanted Francis. He also called Ariza delusional. LB got his way and we got a 23 win season to show for it.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: