Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-26-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
BULLS4EVER
I airball my layups

Default Mike D'Antoni?

and if d'antoni is going to be the new coach of Chicago??
Phoenix is loing 0-3 vs San Antonio and the relationship with steve kerr is not so good (see the oneal trade), so it can be that phoenix release him.
What do you think??
I think that with D'Antony kind of basketball some player like TT, Sefolosha, Deng, Noah,... can step up and play very well!!!
Dont know if with D'Antony we can win the finals/title but its sure a good head coach!!
BULLS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:56 AM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Mike D'Antoni?

If D'Antoni was the next coach of the Bulls we'd see a lineup of Hinrich, Sefolosha, Deng, Tyrus Thomas and Drew Gooden... a fast lineup with players who can score and run.

I do think he's gone after Phoenix loses to San Antonio but I don't think he's going to the Bulls. It will probably be Rick Carlisle.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

that woud be an interesting choice if he is let go by phoenix...my personal opinion, i think a lot of coaches would consider the chicago job if it was offered to them compared to other coaching vacancies out there...i dunno who else are in need of a coach, other ones i know are new york and charlotte...aside from new york, i think chicago would interest any coach because o the big city market and by looking at their current roster, they have a young and talented team that made the playoffs 3 years in a row...so, it would only take a lil tweaking and maybe they'll be back in it maybe next year...

if d'antoni do come here, i think hinrich and thomas will be here for sure cause of he's style of offense...
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

It is going to be Rick Carlisle.

And I don't like the idea of D'Antoni coming because he doesn't exactly preach defense. All he does is run, and I doubt our roster is suited for that kind of coach.

Carlisle is really the best fit because he is just like Skiles, without all of the unnecessary baggage that Skiles brought with him, meaning no chemistry issues.
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:46 PM   #5
kukoc4ever
Can barely lace up my sneakers

As Bulls fans, do we really want the D'Antoni style?

I'm still not convinced that type of play can win a championship.

Yes, we're a long way away from even thinking about such things, but if we're built around a style that's doomed to fail, then I'd pass.
kukoc4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:56 AM   #6
ILballa
Hemp Coach

I would rather see Carlisle as the new coach instead of D'Antoni.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:25 AM   #7
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukoc4ever
As Bulls fans, do we really want the D'Antoni style?

I'm still not convinced that type of play can win a championship.

Yes, we're a long way away from even thinking about such things, but if we're built around a style that's doomed to fail, then I'd pass.

D'Antoni and the Bulls would be awful actually. Could you imagine the lineup he'd have on the floor at one time? Probably something like Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Tyrus Thomas and Drew Gooden.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

i agree, i don't think d'antoni's style would be good for the bulls........who knows, it might fit the players.........but then again, if d'antoni can't win a championship or even reach the finals with a lineup of:

nash, barbosa, hill, stoudamire, shaq..........

i don't know what how far he's gonna go with a lineup of:

hinrich, gordon, deng, gooden, noah...........

so, just bring in carlisle........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #9
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

d'antoni is not leaving the suns, for what? if dantoni leaves, they gotta start all over again from scratch, that team is built for dantoni's coaching style, if kerr drops him and lets say he hires larry brown, they gotta rebuild that team from the ground up... startin wit nash, its not goin to happen i just don't see it sorry.

i like carlisle but i like van gundy better, from watchin carlisle as a analyst, i don't think pax and his personality match, carlisle can be a smart sob alot of the times and im not sure pax can deal with that, i really like van gundy, im not a fan of college coaches makin the transition to pro level, but i really like calipari (even tho he bombed as a pro coach) i think hes one of those rare coaches that can make the transition, i also like avery johnson alot too, larry brown is a good coach with no loyalty so screw him, hey we got some options here which is a good thing, and we most defintely are goin to hire a coach before the finals, we're in good shape
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Mike D'Antoni?

I think the Bulls would do pretty well with D'Antoni. Think about it, when did the Bulls play their best games this season? It was the games when they took the ball down the court quickly and took the first decent shot they saw. With a jump shooting team, you need to get as many shots as possible, not slow it down, run the offense, and take 24 seconds off the clock every time down the court. We are already a jump shooting team, so why not bring in a coach that can maximize the skills of the players we already have?
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
bulls0704

What has D'Antoni ever won? He had Nash, Stoudemire, and Marion for a couple years and what did he win with that group? If he can't get out of the second round of the playoffs with that group he will definitely get no where near that with the Bulls. D'Antoni's coaching style is fine for the regular season when most of the Western Conference doesn't play defense but when it comes time for the playoffs and teams actually play defense his style makes it look like they shouldn't even be in the playoffs almost.

The Bulls should have never fired Skiles. So called star players getting coaches canned is getting old. Skiles had it with Kidd and now Wallace. Byron Scott had Jason Kidd chase him out of New Jersey too. Get someone in here that will ride these guys and teach them some discipline.
bulls0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:31 AM   #12
jackietreehorn

D'antoni would be a good coach for the Bulls only if they got someone like Baron Davis in the offseason
jackietreehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:36 AM   #13
Trancey
I airball my layups

I'm very excited if Mike would come. Yes it's unaware would he's style fit and that he hasn't won anything, but hey he's still young coach.
Trancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:53 AM   #14
insidehoops
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS4EVER
and if d'antoni is going to be the new coach of Chicago??
Phoenix is loing 0-3 vs San Antonio and the relationship with steve kerr is not so good (see the oneal trade), so it can be that phoenix release him.
What do you think??
I think that with D'Antony kind of basketball some player like TT, Sefolosha, Deng, Noah,... can step up and play very well!!!
Dont know if with D'Antony we can win the finals/title but its sure a good head coach!!

If the Bulls can get him, definitely do it
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #15
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Here's a serious trade suggestion/idea. If Steve Kerr is serious about changing the Suns into more of a Spurs kind of team that plays defense why not trade Steve Nash? The Bulls could offer him Kirk Hinrich (I know he's not in the same league as Steve Nash when it comes to scoring and passing but he is a much better defensive player) and Larry Hughes (expiring contract in a couple of seasons and Drew Gooden which gives the Suns another big man on the bench who can come in and put up at least 10+ PPG and nearly 5-7 RPG.

Suns:

PG: Kirk Hinrich/Barbosa
SG: Raja Bell/Larry Hughes
SF: Grant Hill/Diaw
PF: Amare Stoudemire/Drew Gooden
C: Shaq

Bulls hire Mike D'Antoni and trade for Steve Nash who, IMO, would instantly turn players like Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas into looking like all-stars.

New look Bulls

Coach: Mike D'Antoni

PG: Steve Nash/Chris Duhon
SG: Sefolosha/Ben Gordon
SF: Luol Deng/Nocioni
PF: Tyrus Thomas/draft pick
C: Noah/Aaron Gray
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: