Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum G League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 04-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #16
iapsports
Saw a basketball once

Default Re: 2008 Olympics - Men's Basketball

July 18th-21st Iap sports is holding Canada's first 5 star basketball International recruitment camp/tournament..... there will be 36 teams, each team will have 10 players and each team will have a coach from a university or college from both the US and or Canada.

The event is held to get everybody noticed and everybody seen... We have organized it so it gives you a college feel. That means there will be chances you wont know anybody on your team an thats exactly how its gonna be when you sign d1, d2 or go to another juco.

All your games will be taped by us an you have the option of asking us to make a highlight tape to put on your profile, which will be located on our site. (www.iapsports.com) All games will be put on our IAP sports TV web-site so you can build your own fan base an grab the attention you deserve.

You'll already be getting noticed from the coaches that are coaching you or coaching against you, or even the coaches that are just gonna be there to watch you play.

There will be 2 Canadian based live television programs there in Global TV(The Score), and Rogers which will be there for sure.

In regards to the material things, you will be getting 2 uniforms or possible reverse able uniforms. You will be given a number that will label you an direct coaches to the player they want to see.

Your guaranteed 6 games in your division and than playoffs. Its a 32 team playoff which means 16 games on each playoff bracket. Its one game knock-out so make sure you come hard.

This will all be held at the Hoop Dome, the all-star game, three point and dunk contest will be at York and or Ryerson University..... and the championship game will be at the ACC. ( Yes the home of the raptors )

To register is $150

This event is invitation based cause we need to promise the coaches quality athletes so that they come out here on a year in year out basis but anyone can register. People with invitations are just guaranteed to participate.

* To people who do not live in Canada speak with me and we'll arange transportation cost and hotel fee's an the best possible rate. We will also be sponsoring athletes as well to make life easier on athletes. As of right now your only focus will have to be your transportation out here (i.e. plane ticket or greyhound ticket, and your registration fee. Food, transportation and hotels we have covered.)

** I will also like to announce that this event will be turned into a television series with 4 selected atheletes. This means that if you are chosen you will have a camera on you at all time watching you every move an action to broadcast your experience. Deadline to register is May 21st and registers is filling up Extremely so contact me ASAP

President of IAP sports,

Contact Information are as follows;
Email: kwilliams@zalpro.com

Event site; www.iapsummerrush.com
iapsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #17
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Haha i like the holden thing,do I sense a bit of bitterness? I still can't believe Spain lost that!where was Navarro?anyway its history.Yeah what about domercant playing for Bosnia,shammond Williams for Georgia,Arriel Mcdonald played for Slovenia,Bradley for Germany etc etc etc.it does happen a lot.

I know it can sound like bitterness, but it is not. Sometimes you are lucky (e.g. last shot missed by Argentina in the World Champ semis), sometimes you don't. That was just the most recent example and a really good one, I think. As you said, it happens a lot, in almost every sport, but I still don't like it.

Edit: how the h*** shammond williams ended up being Georgian?

Last edited by berraco : 04-29-2008 at 01:34 PM.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:56 PM   #18
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
I know it can sound like bitterness, but it is not. Sometimes you are lucky (e.g. last shot missed by Argentina in the World Champ semis), sometimes you don't. That was just the most recent example and a really good one, I think. As you said, it happens a lot, in almost every sport, but I still don't like it.

Edit: how the h*** shammond williams ended up being Georgian?
I think he played with zacha pachulia in the nba and he convinced him to play for them,that and a large sum of money of course.Any shammond williams is one the clearest examples of poor american point guards in europe,his decision making is awful.he was rubbish for barca and he hasnt been that much better at pamesa.By the way I am bitter about Holden's last seconds heroics,I still wish he had missed,that or that Navarro would have scored atleast 2 points in the whole match.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #19
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Absolutely right, I really don't like this naturalization stuff, but there was an American playing for the Czechs also, just like in Russia and the guys mentioned above. Also, UK with Deng and Gordon. After reading this article, I am kind of convinced that Kaman might join Germany. I guess Jason Kapono could join Italy and God knows who else in USA is of what heritage. It wouldn't be Euro's anymore, with all these naturalizations and giving passports away. A player could say "Oh yeah, my great great grandfather was half French, means I can go and play for them" It's different if it's a child of immigrants though. That I understand.
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #20
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
Absolutely right, I really don't like this naturalization stuff, but there was an American playing for the Czechs also, just like in Russia and the guys mentioned above. Also, UK with Deng and Gordon. After reading this article, I am kind of convinced that Kaman might join Germany. I guess Jason Kapono could join Italy and God knows who else in USA is of what heritage. It wouldn't be Euro's anymore, with all these naturalizations and giving passports away. A player could say "Oh yeah, my great great grandfather was half French, means I can go and play for them" It's different if it's a child of immigrants though. That I understand.
Deng did play most of his basketball in Brixton as he immigrated to the U.K from Sudan when he was 14, however ask him what he considers himself and he will undoubtably say Sudanese. Gordon is a joke.his mum I think is English and he was born in London,but left when he was months old,he knows nothing about the U.K and if coach K would have asked him to play for U.S he wouldn't be playing for Great Britain.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:44 AM   #21
gamgre
Saw a basketball once

With this team is 100% sure that would be in China.

Greek National team

4 Theodoros Papaloukas (200-G-77) of CSKA Moscow (RUS)
5 Giannis Bourousis (212-C-83) of Olympiakos S.F.P. Pireus
6 Nikos Zisis (195-G-83) of CSKA Moscow (RUS)
7 Vasilis Spanoulis (193-G-82) of Panathinaikos Athens
8 Panagotis Vasilopoulos (202-F-84) of Olympiakos S.F.P. Pireus
9 Michalis Pelekanos (198-F-81) of Real Madrid (ESP)
10 Nikos Hatzivrettas (195-G-77) of Panathinaikos Athens
11 Dimos Dikoudis (207-F/C-77) of Panathinaikos Athens
12 Kostas Tsartsaris (210-F-79) of Panathinaikos Athens
13 Dimitris Diamantidis (196-G-80) of Panathinaikos Athens
14 Lazaros Papadopoulos (210-C-80) of Real Madrid (ESP)
15 Michalis Kakiouzis (206-C-76) of Cajasol Sevilla (ESP)
Head Coach: Panagiotis Giannakis
gamgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:49 AM   #22
gamgre
Saw a basketball once

The Schedule of the Olympic Qualifying Tournament:

FIBA and the Hellenic Basketball Federation are happy to announce the competition schedule for the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men that will be played in Athens (Greece), in the 18.000 OAKA Sports Arena, located in Maroussi, from 14th to 20th July 2008.Listed below are the composition of the four groups, as well as the complete tournament schedule. Please note that all tip-off hours are local time in Athens, Greece.
1. Composition of groups:
Group A:Brazil, Greece and Lebanon
Group B:Cape Verde, Germany and New Zealand
Group C:Canada, Korea and Slovenia
Group D:Cameroon, Croatia and Puerto Rico

2. Preliminary Round:
14th July 2008:
13:00 hours:New Zealandvs.Cape Verde
15:30 hours: Korea vs. Slovenia
19:30 hours: Croatiavs. Cameroon
22:00 hours: Greecevs. Lebanon

15th July 2008:
13:00 hours:Sloveniavs.Canada
15:30 hours: Cape Verdevs. Germany
19:30 hours: Cameroonvs. Puerto Rico
22:00 hours: Lebanonvs. Brazil

16th July 2008:
13:00 hours:Canadavs.Korea
15:30 hours: Puerto Ricovs. Croatia
19:30 hours: Germanyvs. New Zealand
22:00 hours: Brazilvs. Greece
The teams placed 1st and 2nd in each group will advance to the Quarter-Finals; the teams placed 3rd in each group will be eliminated and may return home.

17th July 2008: Rest Day

3. Quarter-Finals:
18th July 2008:
Game 13: A1 vs. B2
Game 14: B1 vs. A2
Game 15: C1 vs. D2
Game 16: D1 vs. C2
The games of the Quarter-Finals will be played at 13:00 hours, 15:30 hours, 19:30 hours and 22:00 hours. The order of games will be confirmed after the end of the Preliminary Round.

4. Semi-Finals:
19th July 2008:
Game 17: Winner 13 vs. Winner 15
Game 18: Winner 14 vs. Winner 16
The Semi-Final games will be played at 19:00 hours and 21:30 hours. The order of games will be confirmed after the end of the Quarter-Finals.
The two winners of the Semi-Finals will qualify for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. The two losers will play the game for the 3rd place (Game 19 below) for one remaining Olympic spot.

5. Finals:
20th July 2008:
Game 19 (20:00 hours): Loser 17 vs. Loser 18

The winner will qualify for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games
gamgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:49 AM   #23
Alan
High School Starter

Will Yao Ming be able to play for his country?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #24
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Probably yes, that's why he made no attempt to come back. He should heal just in time for Beijing
Old 05-12-2008, 05:54 AM   #25
la bomba
Local High School Star

It seems to me that one of these Croatia,Slovenia and puerto rico will be the biggest upsets.the way the draw is set up two of these three look like fighting it out in the qtrs!
I hope Slovenia,Greece and Croatia make it.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:41 AM   #26
berraco
Darko The Ripper

I think Brazil has a chance. They could beat New Zealand or Germany in the quarters
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #27
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
I think Brazil has a chance. They could beat New Zealand or Germany in the quarters
i suppose a lot depends on what players are available.do germany have nowitzki?do brazil have leandro,nene,varejao.But the best brazilian at the moment for me is marcelinho huertas ! what a season he is having in spain.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #28
simasu01
Decent playground baller

We'll see what happens, I am hoping for Brazil, Slovenia and Germany, but what I think will happen is Greece, Puerto Rico, and Croatia, or maybe Slovenia instead of P Rico.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #29
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
We'll see what happens, I am hoping for Brazil, Slovenia and Germany, but what I think will happen is Greece, Puerto Rico, and Croatia, or maybe Slovenia instead of P Rico.
lets have a sweep. i say greece,brazil and slovenia.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #30
simasu01
Decent playground baller

I'll go with Greece, Slovenia, and Croatia.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: