Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 04-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Round 1, Houston at Utah, game 4, Sat 10:30 pm ET

Wow, what a pivotal game this is. Jazz win, they go up 3-1 and great chance of clinching the series, Rockets win, series tied 2-2, none of the previous things matter any more, just the future games.

Tracy, I believe in you!

We'll need Landry, Scola, Jackson and Alston to step up, since the Jazz are not going to lose two straight at home.

EDIT: I hope I will be able to stay up late to watch this, I don't get it, why do these games have to be so late? It'll be 2:30 am here!

Last edited by brantonli : 04-26-2008 at 01:17 PM.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Round 1, Houston at Utah, game 4, 10:30 pm ET

it will play at about 7 am where i am, so i will be at school.

=(
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

I am pumped and nervous at the same time...

I agree on the players you said that need to step up, like they have have been doing most of the series. This is a decisive game, for both teams, Utah is going to bring it, after the game 3 loss. Rockets have to do the same.

I believe in this team and T-mac! It's time!

GO ROCKETS!!!

It'll play at 10:30 for me so it's not that bad.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
brandonman
High School JV MVP

brandonman has decent reputation

I still have faith, with the way all 3 of these games have gone, this series is up for grabs. Its just unfortunate for the Rockets that Utah leads 2-1 and we are playing in the Jazz arena tonight. That gives even more of an advantage to Utah right off the bat. I love the Rockets but again they will need another miracle to pull off 2 in a row in Utah.

MISTAKE FREE is the only way the Rockets even have a CHANCE to win tonight. No Turnovers, No missed lay ups, No missed FREE THROWS, No dumb fouls, Watch the pick and roll, and for God sake, stop leaving Okur wide open behind the arc!!!
brandonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Houston'sFinest
Banned

Houston'sFinest has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 1, Houston at Utah, game 4, Sat 10:30 pm ET

I hope Battier can have another good game tonight as well as the rest of the rockets. It would be great if they could win this one
Houston'sFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:22 PM   #6
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Must win game for both teams... I don't see the Jazz losing another game at home though. Game 3 seemed like a classic example of the Jazz being overconfident about beating the rockets. Now that the Jazz HAVE to win this game though, i think that they are going to come out attacking. I predict a 22 point win for the jazz tonight.

The way these games have been going lately though, anything can happen.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #7
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Rockets were a desperate team in game 3, as they played with the realization that a loss would basically end their season. I'm not so sure that they can bring that same intensity. There gonna relax a little bit. It's human nature. That, and I can't see them going into that environment and winning a second game in a row.

The Jazz are significantly better at the 1 and 4 spots while the advantages that Houston might enjoy at certain positions on the court aren't nearly as great. Utah is just the better team, and nothing from the other night suggests that Houston is ready to make a serious run in this series. Utah ran their offense pretty well the other night, but shots that normally go down didn't. Don't see that happening again.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
brandonman
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
The Rockets were a desperate team in game 3, as they played with the realization that a loss would basically end their season. I'm not so sure that they can bring that same intensity. There gonna relax a little bit. It's human nature. That, and I can't see them going into that environment and winning a second game in a row.

The Jazz are significantly better at the 1 and 4 spots while the advantages that Houston might enjoy at certain positions on the court aren't nearly as great. Utah is just the better team, and nothing from the other night suggests that Houston is ready to make a serious run in this series. Utah ran their offense pretty well the other night, but shots that normally go down didn't. Don't see that happening again.

This is just as important as the last game for houston. A loss here pretty much means their season is over too. I think the Rockets will come out with a a lot of intensity but I think they will shoot very poorly from the field. I think Utah will jump out to a large lead and never turn back.

But just like everybody should, or at least those who have been watching this series, I have to say ANYTHING can happen tonight.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:09 PM   #9
brandonman
High School JV MVP

Relax Jazz Fans, You Guys Are In Much Better Shape To Win And Have A Much Better Advantage Than Us.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:17 PM   #10
June1026
Hong 1026

June1026 has an OK reputation so far

Key Points for the Rockets:

Scola need to learn to pass out when getting into tough situations inside, I see him forcing it too much during this series, especially when he gets those offensive boards, but a PF shooting at 35% is just unacceptable.

Alston needs to be consistent, I don't remember the last time he got two good games in a row, but in order for T-Mac to be efficient down the stretch, he needs to be well rested, so Alston needs to carry the responsibility of making plays on the offensive end, same goes for Jax and Brooks.

Get Battier more involved on the offensive end, he has been shooting well, and his left handed hook is looking good lately, don't just use him for his defense.

More hustle, and hit the board! I've seen the Rockets giving up too many defensive boards early, that is just not right.

Keep doing a good job containing the bigs, they have been doing a good job on Boozer and Okur, and that's why I'm worried that they might just pull a monster game one of these up coming games, cause I know it's coming, but keep doing a good job nonetheless.

T-Mac, even though he did good last game, I was more impressed with the second game in the series, he needs to step up, I have no problem with him chucking, as long it's within 20 ft, and he needs to improve his arc on his jumpers and fts, but know when to chuck and when to drive, he understands that better than me, but still need to take advantage and not get lazy.

Lastly: Hit them Freethrows? wtf is this, you are a shooting guard and you are shooting 60% from fts? even I can do better, the other team is gonna hack you if you continue to shoot like shaq, so hit them ffs. same goes for the other players on the Rockets.
June1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #11
Duck Rodgers
Serious playground baller

Duck Rodgers has an OK reputation so far

I predict we see Andrei Kirilenko come alive again. That's what sucks about Kirilenko, he teases you. Game one was amazing....but after that.....where the **** did that guy go?
Duck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #12
brandonman
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by June1026
Key Points for the Rockets:

Scola need to learn to pass out when getting into tough situations inside, I see him forcing it too much during this series, especially when he gets those offensive boards, but a PF shooting at 35% is just unacceptable.

Alston needs to be consistent, I don't remember the last time he got two good games in a row, but in order for T-Mac to be efficient down the stretch, he needs to be well rested, so Alston needs to carry the responsibility of making plays on the offensive end, same goes for Jax and Brooks.

Get Battier more involved on the offensive end, he has been shooting well, and his left handed hook is looking good lately, don't just use him for his defense.

More hustle, and hit the board! I've seen the Rockets giving up too many defensive boards early, that is just not right.

Keep doing a good job containing the bigs, they have been doing a good job on Boozer and Okur, and that's why I'm worried that they might just pull a monster game one of these up coming games, cause I know it's coming, but keep doing a good job nonetheless.

T-Mac, even though he did good last game, I was more impressed with the second game in the series, he needs to step up, I have no problem with him chucking, as long it's within 20 ft, and he needs to improve his arc on his jumpers and fts, but know when to chuck and when to drive, he understands that better than me, but still need to take advantage and not get lazy.

Lastly: Hit them Freethrows? wtf is this, you are a shooting guard and you are shooting 60% from fts? even I can do better, the other team is gonna hack you if you continue to shoot like shaq, so hit them ffs. same goes for the other players on the Rockets.

Agreed, and to add:
Scola - SCORE WITH CONTACT! Stop trying to avoid and draw fouls! If you do....HIT YOUR DAMN FREE THROWS!

T-mac - Attack the basket! Get Boozer and/or AK in foul trouble early. Refs will give the calls to the veterans and superstars, but for guys like Scola, he wont get many calls and needs to learn how to score while getting fouled.

Rick - If we have a dry spell , PUT IN NOVAK! HE CAN SHOOT!

Agreed - get Shane involved in the offense and LOOK for him in the corner for THREEEEEEEEE

D - Protect the paint. Held the Jazz to 6 points in the paint in the 1st half of game 3 and gave up 10 points in the paint in the 1st 5 min of the 3rd quarter. Stay after it!!

Know this, If Okur is hitting early, he is having a good night, DO NOT LEAVE HIM OPEN BEHIND THE ARC!!!!

Last edited by brandonman : 04-26-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #13
brandonman
High School JV MVP

How come other teams are getting 3 days between games even when staying in the same city. ex. Lakers vs Nuggets got 3 days between games 1 and 2, and other series are the same, but the Jazz and Rockets have gotten the standard 2days between games when in the same city and 3 when you travel. Maybe with an extra day of rest between games 1 and 2 Rafer could have played game 2.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #14
grimreaper1377
Local High School Star

grimreaper1377 has an OK reputation so far

Its gonna be either a blowout by the Jazz or a close win by the Rockets

Basically, if the Rockets can stay in it the whole time, they should find a way to win it at the end just like Game 3
grimreaper1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #15
June1026
Hong 1026

June1026 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonman

How come other teams are getting 3 days between games even when staying in the same city. ex. Lakers vs Nuggets got 3 days between games 1 and 2, and other series are the same, but the Jazz and Rockets have gotten the standard 2days between games when in the same city and 3 when you travel. Maybe with an extra day of rest between games 1 and 2 Rafer could have played game 2.

because the NBA believes 1 vs 8 will take shorter time than 4 vs 5.
June1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: