Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Where do you stand on Sergio?

First: http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/or...920.xml&coll=7

Now, I have been for trading Sergio all season. Some people are pro Sergio, others are anti-Sergio. The article makes me question Sergio even more. Sounds like he doesn't want to take basketball seriously and improve to be one of the best. It sounds more like he'd rather have free reign to do what he wants to have fun. Now, there is nothing wrong with wanting to have fun. But I'd rather have a PG that is of the mentality that working hard to be the best (or at least the best at something particular like passing) is fun. Unfortunately, Sergio's trade value has gone down (if only we traded when I first wanted him gone). As long as it doesn't effect Rudy's coming over to Portland, I would love to see Sergio traded sooner rather than later. If not, hopefully he is gone by the trade deadline of next season.

So, where do you guys stand on the guy?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Where do you stand on Sergio?

I didnt read that article, but since when was Sergio lazy or not a hard worker.

Last i heard, he is in the gym working out more than anyone else on the team. They keep track of how many workouts each player does, and last thing i heard Sergio had more workout sessions than anyone else.

Nate sucked all the confidence out of Sergio.

Its pretty obvious that Nate doesnt like Sergio.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
I didnt read that article, but since when was Sergio lazy or not a hard worker.

Last i heard, he is in the gym working out more than anyone else on the team. They keep track of how many workouts each player does, and last thing i heard Sergio had more workout sessions than anyone else.

Nate sucked all the confidence out of Sergio.

Its pretty obvious that Nate doesnt like Sergio.

I was referring to the article when I was talking about Sergio not willing to work hard. The article talks about how Sergio wants to goof around on the court playing pickup games with his non-NBA buddies rather than work on his D and jumpshot. And Jarrett Jack is the one that stays and works the most. The Blazers made their own little award for who the hardest worker and Jack won it the last time they handed it out.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Thats the only reason I want to keep Jack. Wasn't it him and Brandon who started the "come in a month earlier than anyother team" thing two years ago?

I think it was. I think if we let go of Jack then i'm afraid the lazy, soft guys like LaMarcus will eventually take over the mentality of the locker room. I don't know.

Anyways, I think we should move Sergio. Not because he's a bad player but so he can get an oppurtunity to get some playing time because he has great court awareness and vision not to mention creativity and passing skills. He's better than a 3rd option point guard on most teams in the league.

I love Nate because he's a great coach at developing young talent and I would hate for him to build this team just to be fired and watch another coach win the title in Portland with Nate's team, but he needs to have better comunication with KP. If he doesn't like how a guy plays then he needs to tell KP that he won't play him much!

If he gets fired for that, then oh well. Then we can bring in Larry Brown maybe...Terry Porter
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
blazerftc
High School Varsity 6th Man

blazerftc has an OK reputation so far

I think Sergio just needs the PT to get past the mistakes he makes. You can work out and practice that stuff away only so much. Eventually you need to apply what you know on the court, and learn from your errors. That's all he needs. I think he seems less motivated now because he's not being given a realistic opportunity to grow. Which is not a knock on Nate either, he has his favorites, we all do. I just think Sergio needs to get some real time on the court without the threat of being yanked if he screws up once or twice, which, from what I've seen, causes him to tighten up.
blazerftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #6
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerftc
I think Sergio just needs the PT to get past the mistakes he makes. You can work out and practice that stuff away only so much. Eventually you need to apply what you know on the court, and learn from your errors. That's all he needs. I think he seems less motivated now because he's not being given a realistic opportunity to grow. Which is not a knock on Nate either, he has his favorites, we all do. I just think Sergio needs to get some real time on the court without the threat of being yanked if he screws up once or twice, which, from what I've seen, causes him to tighten up.

I TOTALLY agree with everything you said.

Lets keep in mind too that Sergio is still very young, and if he sticks around his opportunity will come.

I hope he gets a legitimite shot for another team, if he gets traded
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:03 AM   #7
Myth

I still don't see him ever being a decent shooter or defender, even if his play making does improve.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #8
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

I don't think he'll be a decent defender but I think he can build a good shot. Not a great one but a good enough one. Lets not forget about how well he shot in some of the games where he actually got playing time. The game in Atlanta for instance.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

I like him - he reminds me of a young point guard out of Santa Clara in the mid 90s (1996 NBA Draft I believe) - guy named Steve Nash - he had some early struggles but has turned into a pretty decent NBA player...........
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #10
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
I like him - he reminds me of a young point guard out of Santa Clara in the mid 90s (1996 NBA Draft I believe) - guy named Steve Nash - he had some early struggles but has turned into a pretty decent NBA player...........

I see somewhat where people get that comparison, but he still isn't close to what Nash was even in Nash's early days, especially considering Sergio's terrible jumpshot. But yeah, the comparisons begin and end with being able to pass well and being a bad defender. Sergio may be able to pass "as well" as Nash one day, but I don't see him making the "right" passes like Nash does. Nash just seems way smarter in that department.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #11
bruinsbaseball0
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bruinsbaseball0 has an OK reputation so far

Sergio needs to add some muscle.
bruinsbaseball0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: