Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster
Default What Team Should I Use?

What team do you guys think I should use in NBA 2K8's Association mode?

I want a team to fix up/rebuild and am just unsure who to use. What teams have you guys enjoyed rebuilding?

I have a Toronto Association that I play but I want to use a team that requires some work to be a playoff team.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #2
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What Team Should I Use?

Use the Nuggets, and build around Iverson. Get rid of K-mart, he's worthless.
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:47 PM   #3
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
What team do you guys think I should use in NBA 2K8's Association mode?

I want a team to fix up/rebuild and am just unsure who to use. What teams have you guys enjoyed rebuilding?

I have a Toronto Association that I play but I want to use a team that requires some work to be a playoff team.
bobcats

Gerald Wallace
Jason Richardson
Okafor

good core just needs a PG and Center
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Blazers maybe? Great young core there with Roy, Aldridge, Oden etc.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:48 AM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Blazers are a solid starting team. Lots of young players and ability to move people around. The Magic are also a solid starting team. I'm currently using the Grizzlies; built around Gasol and three point shooting.

Here is a tip; always make a trade with GS, Bobcats, or Philly in the beginning. All of these teams have available cap space so you can dump big veteran contracts + draft picks for young talent. You can also use these teams to just clear cap space for the future. After season 1 and 2 there are some great free agents available including Arenas and LeBron. You really have to work that cap space to make a big signing though.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

<shrug> When I play, I play MY team. When I sim? God, I jump around to all different teams. After a while it just gets old when you don't know any of the players anymore because all the real ones retired and all you have left are sim'ed ones.

I usually win at least a few championships sim'ing, and I've only been fired once (the Lakers).

My latest beef with 2K8 is you can't change player positions, and if you trade guys and don't edit their playing time, the computer won't play them, so for example when I play the Lakers, Gasol gets taken out right away and doesn't come back because Bynum is their center, and when I play the Mavs, Jason Kidd got pulled and not put back in because I forgot to edit his minutes.

Does anyone else think that the PS2 version of 2K8 got really pastel with the colors? The Cavs wine has an almost pink look to it. It's really annoying.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:14 AM   #7
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
<shrug> When I play, I play MY team. When I sim? God, I jump around to all different teams. After a while it just gets old when you don't know any of the players anymore because all the real ones retired and all you have left are sim'ed ones.

I usually win at least a few championships sim'ing, and I've only been fired once (the Lakers).

My latest beef with 2K8 is you can't change player positions, and if you trade guys and don't edit their playing time, the computer won't play them, so for example when I play the Lakers, Gasol gets taken out right away and doesn't come back because Bynum is their center, and when I play the Mavs, Jason Kidd got pulled and not put back in because I forgot to edit his minutes.

Does anyone else think that the PS2 version of 2K8 got really pastel with the colors? The Cavs wine has an almost pink look to it. It's really annoying.

Mathius
You can change player positions. You edit the player and in the first option (Player details I think) is where you can change it. They have a primary position and a secondary position.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:00 AM   #8
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love to go for a challenge and try to bring an underdog team up in any of my NBA games (I don't currently own 2K8). I tend to choose my favourite team the Bobcats and build around J-Rich, Crash Wallace and Meka, whilst trying to strengthen my bench as well. First thing I often do though is look for a replacement for Felton. He's good, but I want better!
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #9
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dont use the nets There is no way to resign Harris Use the 76ers I had Iggy and king James Once no lie no force trades either
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #10
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
You can change player positions. You edit the player and in the first option (Player details I think) is where you can change it. They have a primary position and a secondary position.

Not in the PS2 version.

Mathius
Old 05-07-2008, 09:24 PM   #11
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

PS2 sucks dude..
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #12
cartmanclone

Grizzlies...
Old 05-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #13
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinecz
PS2 sucks dude..

Not from where I'm sitting. There's still a bunch of games from the PS2 I want to play yet.

I'm not shelling out $500 for a PS2, and I'm not buying crap from Microsoft. Bill Gates doesn't need anymore money and I'm not supporting anyone who build Windows.

Mathius
Old 05-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #14
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

OH, so you can edit the minutes

this helps me....alot
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #15
King of the D
Can barely lace up my sneakers

King of the D has an OK reputation so far

I used the pistons not only because they are my home team but because they have a good bench with a good starting line to go with it.
King of the D is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: