Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 04-28-2008, 05:55 AM   #466
New World Order
I airball my layups

Default Re: Round 1, Cleveland at Washington, Game 4, Sunday 1:00 pm ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
They both fell down. LeBron was just the one who got up immediately, because he was butthurt. Started walking towards DeShawn, who sprung to his feet as soon as he saw LeBron's reaction.

LeBron never fell and your account of the situation means you need to watch the sequence again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HN0mqzVWU2s
New World Order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:27 AM   #467
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order
LeBron never fell and your account of the situation means you need to watch the sequence again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HN0mqzVWU2s
Hmm, good call. I was sure LeBron had fallen down and then jumped back up because he was so pissed off. Ah well. Still doesn't change the fact that DeShawn never backed down from the confrontation for an instant.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #468
Kujo
National High School Star

I don't really understand Deshawn's hate for Lebron. There's no doubt jealousy is the source. :)
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #469
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

anyone have a video of the Damon Jones 3 that beat the Wizards in the playoffs last year?The Delonte shot/play is almost identical
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #470
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
I don't really understand Deshawn's hate for Lebron. There's no doubt jealousy is the source. :)
Lebron started it with his comments to Drew Gooden regarding Stevenson and the Wizards. Maybe that's the source.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #471
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTangWizard
Lebron started it with his comments to Drew Gooden regarding Stevenson and the Wizards. Maybe that's the source.
I have no doubt that this is the source. Gooden and Stevenson are best friends. I'm sure LeBron said something to the team or maybe just a couple of guys on the team about the Wizards or Stevenson and word got back to Deshawn, via Gooden.

I read an interview recently with Stevenson and the reporter asked him if he even knew LeBron off of the court. He said that he didn't. He said that all he knows is that he doesn't like LeBron and LeBron doesn't like him. This goes further back than just this series or even this season, clearly.

RidonKs,
From watching the replay over and over as well as looking at a bunch of pictures from different angles, I have no doubt that Deshawn meant to hit him in the back of the head. I think that he wanted to make it look like he was going for the ball, but his objective was pretty clear.

The still pictures are really the most telling, to me. I haven't seen one shot where he was looking at anything except the back of LeBron's head. Also, he has a very angry look on his face.

RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:37 PM   #472
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

"I'm bout' to fucc you up."

picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #473
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

"Stevenson, you hit me in the back my of my head"

"You F*cking backstabber"
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #474
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
From watching the replay over and over as well as looking at a bunch of pictures from different angles, I have no doubt that Deshawn meant to hit him in the back of the head. I think that he wanted to make it look like he was going for the ball, but his objective was pretty clear.

The still pictures are really the most telling, to me. I haven't seen one shot where he was looking at anything except the back of LeBron's head.
You're seeing what you want to see. There's no clarity to his objective at all, and you won't find any clarity from glossing over still frame after still frame. I'm not going to make any definitive statements on whether or not it was intentional. We can't really know.

One thing we can know though is that the pictures you just posted show absolutely nothing. I haven't looked over any other pictures, but the one you just posted (most likely the picture you figured would best prove your point) doesn't even have DeShawn definitely looking at LeBron. And if he is, could it possibly be because LeBron's head is directly between DeShawn and the ball?

Quote:
Also, he has a very angry look on his face.
You've got to be kidding me. Look at LeBron's face in the first pic you posted for gods sake.

You can't go out an call it intentional because of an angry look and the direction that you think a pair of eyes are looking. It proves nothing.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #475
gabblemaster
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba
as soon as anyone gets a link please send it asap, im pulling an allnighter here in aus again to watch this game. i love my cavs.

I hope you got a chance to see it. LeBron went off again, and Delonte West was so clutch with his shooting. Great game.
gabblemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #476
gabblemaster
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
It has nothing to do with that. The point is, the guy smacked him in the head from behind with all of his force and it didn't even really have an effect on LeBron. Stevenson ended up on his back, in fact.

LeBron is far too smart a player to give in to cheap shots in an attempt to get him thrown out of the game.

The Bruce Lee avatar is the coolest I've ever seen. I'm a big fan.
gabblemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: