Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-29-2008, 01:43 AM   #436
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 1, Lakers @ Nuggets, Game 4, Monday 10:30pm ET

Go LAKERS whoooooooooooooot!!!!!
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:43 AM   #437
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I told everyone that this was going to be a Lakers sweep. Now that it was right it's time to make my next prediction. The Lakers will not make it past the Spurs. I think they can beat the Hornets and maybe Utah, but the Spurs will more than likely be too much for the Lakers. Enjoy the series win, no surprise they swept the Nuggets.

You DO realize the Spurs have to beat either the Mavs or the Hornets and the Lakers have to beat either the Jazz or the Rockets first right? Given the way the Spurs just mailed in a game instead of having the killer instinct the Lakers do, I dont like their chances against the Lakers. Lakers are bigger, younger, more athletic and have a deeper bench. Plus, they will have homecourt and Ariza should be back from round 2! Lakers wont be stopped!
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:43 AM   #438
Maestro33
Decent playground baller

Maestro33 has an OK reputation so far

Man George Karl looks just mortified. I feel bad for the guy now geez.
Maestro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #439
Denali
Banned

Denali has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinxpx109
Melo just said good offense always beats good defense.

it does. anyone will tell you that.
Denali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #440
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Kobe with only 2 points in the 2nd half. UNREAL.

MJ used to step on the pedal and go for the kill in close-out games. Kobe is playing the the Lakers can just "give" this game away. Amazing.

NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #441
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
tnt are retards...second time they make this mistake tonight. the nuggets ARENT the first 50 win team to be swept out of the first round. memphis was also swept back in 03-04

Memphis still has a team?
jk. It's easy to understand how TNT might have forgotten about the Grizz, but still. They should know something like that. Especially considering that so many ISH posters knew about it.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:46 AM   #442
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Damn Karl sounds depressed in the post-game interview.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:49 AM   #443
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
Damn Karl sounds depressed in the post-game interview.

He will be all right.
Kind of feel bad for him...but oh well...them the breaks.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:50 AM   #444
Maestro33
Decent playground baller

Maestro33 has an OK reputation so far

This is horrible! I dont even like Karl and I feel like I wanna hug the big dude...man. Hes so heartfelt and to the point I gotta give credit for his straight shooting...
Maestro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:54 AM   #445
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
You DO realize the Spurs have to beat either the Mavs or the Hornets and the Lakers have to beat either the Jazz or the Rockets first right? Given the way the Spurs just mailed in a game instead of having the killer instinct the Lakers do, I dont like their chances against the Lakers. Lakers are bigger, younger, more athletic and have a deeper bench. Plus, they will have homecourt and Ariza should be back from round 2! Lakers wont be stopped!

The Spurs took the night off for one game. They will simply come in to the next game not taking anything for granted and finish the Suns off. The Lakers will have to rely heavily on Kobe if they run into the Spurs. Sasha, Farmar, and other key shooters won't be getting such easy 3 point looks against the Spurs. Gasol is mega soft and won't be dominating Duncan the way Duncan will on Gasol or Odom.

It will be a good series but the Spurs will play tough defense. Parker, Manu, and Duncan are too much for the Lakers to handle. I just know the Lakers won't make it past them. If they do then I'll eat my own words and take the "You were so wrong, in your face comments". I just don't think that's going to happen.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #446
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali
it does. anyone will tell you that.

I think this is sarcasm, but I'll bite. Good offense can't beat good defense because good defense means the other teams offense is doing so well. This is why teams like the Spurs always win. Suns don't do the same stuff they do on other teams when they play the Spurs. Game 4 was just an exception for them.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:03 AM   #447
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gah, potentially long wait til our next game. i don't want utah/houston to go 7 (unless it means houston will win, i'd much rather play them), i think too much rest can be a bad thing. another good night from the big 3, effective and well spread out like the last game. we're a handful man, i think we're gonna get a ring... can you feel it?
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:05 AM   #448
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation

Quote:
The Spurs took the night off for one game. They will simply come in to the next game not taking anything for granted and finish the Suns off. The Lakers will have to rely heavily on Kobe if they run into the Spurs. Sasha, Farmar, and other key shooters won't be getting such easy 3 point looks against the Spurs. Gasol is mega soft and won't be dominating Duncan the way Duncan will on Gasol or Odom.

It will be a good series but the Spurs will play tough defense. Parker, Manu, and Duncan are too much for the Lakers to handle. I just know the Lakers won't make it past them. If they do then I'll eat my own words and take the "You were so wrong, in your face comments". I just don't think that's going to happen.

Not true... Lakers have won the season series against SA the last 2 years. They are old and we can outrun them. The one thing about SA is that they have a low post scoring threat that we MUST respect.

Guarding Duncan is a helluva lot different than guarding Camby. But still, I think we can and will take them.
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:09 AM   #449
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I think this is sarcasm, but I'll bite. Good offense can't beat good defense because good defense means the other teams offense is doing so well. This is why teams like the Spurs always win. Suns don't do the same stuff they do on other teams when they play the Spurs. Game 4 was just an exception for them.

i think they say that because it's true in the sense of a 1 on 1 matchup, defense in basketball more than any other sport is a natural disadvantage at this level because of the speed and spacing and short range control of the ball for the offensive player. basically saying some of the defender's quickness (or other virtue) is nullified because he's in the position of being the reactor, you can guess right or know a player's tendencies but you are inevitably always reacting to the offenisve player's choices. i hear what you're saying too, you're on a grander scale flow-of-the-game tip, he's talking about matchups. (I think that's what's being said... i'm not even sure i expressed myself well... where am i?)
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:15 AM   #450
Jorn444Lakers
Local High School Star

Jorn444Lakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
gah, potentially long wait til our next game. i don't want utah/houston to go 7 (unless it means houston will win, i'd much rather play them), i think too much rest can be a bad thing. another good night from the big 3, effective and well spread out like the last game. we're a handful man, i think we're gonna get a ring... can you feel it?
I can feel it
Jorn444Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: