Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #1
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Default Toronto and Portland speak to Charlotte about Brevin Knight

Quote:
Charlotte Observer - Both the Toronto Raptors and Portland Trail Blazers , amongst other teams, have been talking with Charlotte Bobcats ' coach-general manager Bernie Bickerstaff about point guard Brevin Knight at the Orlando Pre-Draft Camp, the Charlotte Observer is reporting.

"There's a lot of interest in Brevin," Bickerstaff told the Observer on Thursday. "Most of the conversation includes him.''

Knight is considered expendable with the emergence of last season's lottery pick Raymond Felton.

"If I'm going to play just a little bit of minutes, I'd rather be on a playoff team," Knight said during the season. "So if (the situation) changes, we'd address that."

Bickerstaff did say that Knight will be able to have some input on any trade, but will not be given the power to veto a deal should one arise.

"He doesn't have veto power," Bickerstaff said. "But I wouldn't just throw him in a situation that wouldn't be right for his skills."

But at what cost would it take Toronto to get Brevin?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz

I can't really say since we don't know of any other offers, but we're not going to give him away. We're a young athletic team so one of your many young players would fit really well aroudn here. We would definitely like to get our hands on Villa (it was rumored Bernie had given him a promise to take him at 13 before you picked him at 8), but that deal would probably require us to throw in more players (Knight and Wallace for CV, Graham and your 2nd rounder maybe?) Not sure how you think of the deal but that an Bernie's love for long athletic swings would likely give us an all UCONN frontcourt of Meka | Villanueava | Gay.

Other than that from your team we would be interested in Humphries, Bosh of course, maybe Calderon and whoever you pick at 1.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:15 PM   #3
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz

A young guard or a backup point. Not a lot really.

Why would Portland want him when they have Jack, Telfair, and Blake?
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote: interested in humphries

that is going to take a little bit of going used to
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
A young guard or a backup point. Not a lot really.

That quote as a Bobcat fan since the franchise was granted here I can't agree with. We're not going to give Brevin away. We're not going to go backwards to give away Brevin because he isn't a cancer. If thats all he's getting offered I see Bernie keeping him instead of taking that trash. If instead of young guard you mean "talented prospect" i.e. JR Smith, Josh Childress, etc. then I agree but if your talking about a guy along the lines of Von Wafer then you've got another thing coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Why would Portland want him when they have Jack, Telfair, and Blake?

Portland wants him because they have 3 points, 2 of which are talented are not yet good NBA points yet, and one is a career backup at best. They basically hope Brevin can come in and be tutor to the young'ns while holding down the ship like he did here in Charlotte.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:05 PM   #6
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Knight and Peterson have comparable salaries. Maybe they're thinking about swapping them in what would be a pretty decent move for both teams.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Knight and Peterson have comparable salaries. Maybe they're thinking about swapping them in what would be a pretty decent move for both teams.

trading mopete would be tough... he's our best perimeter defender... but you gotta give to get i guess.

KD's trade is interesting too... not sure i'd bite though... gives us more balance but leaves us a little thin up front.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #8
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

I wouldn't do KD's trade from Charlotte's perspective. Giving up Wallace in that trade, even when getting Villanueva, just doesn't seem right to me. Wallace is a freak.

I really think Knight for Peterson is a good swap for both teams, though.

Thoughts from other Raps fans?
Old 06-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #9
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

I would not trade mo pete for brevin.

The position with the biggest derth of players for Toronto is shooting guard.

They had mike james and mo pete. Now they only have mo pete. If ukic comes, he could play the 2 but not well at all. Trading your only sg, a rock solid sg, your best defender, your best 3 point shooter, and the leagues ironman, for bervin knight is silly.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #10
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

I dunno, I really like the idea of getting Knight for Peterson and trading down a few spots in order to draft Roy.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:38 PM   #11
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Maybe he'll take less minutes on our playoff team.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #12
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

If you look at the Raptors, there are 4 players you do not want to trade.

Bosh, Villy, Mo Pete, and Graham. In that order.

Even tho bosh is the face of the franchise, mo pete is the heart and soul of the team. He is the glue. He dives for loose balls, draws charges, hypes up the crowd with circus shots and by waving his arms after scores and before big defensive possessions, he always guards the other teams best 1 2 or 3, he has the biggest will to win, is our most longstanding player, a team leader along with bosh, and a really likeable guy. Why trade someone like that if you can avoid it somehow?

Mo Pete's game transcends stats, a thing most raptor fans don't know.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #13
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

as soon as you think the bobcats are ready to take the next step, they announce plans of getting rid of the most underrated PG in the NBA. they won't get fair value for him as he is too unheralded.

felton isn't ready to go against the kirk hinrich's of the league. i fully expect charlotte to be in the lottery next season as well. if they would keep brevin, they would have a team ready for the playoffs.

pg: brevin knight
sg: gerald wallace
sf: adamn morrision
pf: sean may
c: emeka okafor

that team can make the playoffs in the east.

Moving brevin knight now makes little sense for near future success. however, i understand that they need felton to be in the limelight for the longterm outlook of the team.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #14
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
I wouldn't do KD's trade from Charlotte's perspective. Giving up Wallace in that trade, even when getting Villanueva, just doesn't seem right to me. Wallace is a freak.

I feel you I dont really want to deal G Wall neither, he's my favorite Bobcat, but I feel like we would have to give something up to get a young talented big like Charlie. Rudy should hopefully fill in for the output we can get from Wallace if we do get him at the 3rd pick.

Quote:
I really think Knight for Peterson is a good swap for both teams, though.

Thoughts from other Raps fans?

I dont really like that deal either. Mo Pete is a nice piece don't get me wrong but I feel liek we can get a younger piece.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #15
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
I dont really like that deal either. Mo Pete is a nice piece don't get me wrong but I feel liek we can get a younger piece.
If you trade Knight for an off-guard that's less experienced than Peterson, the team instantly loses a LOT of stability. They need a veteran presence, and if Knight is traded, that's the best way to get one.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: