Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 04-29-2008, 04:53 AM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Who would you rather have next season

Andris Biedrins or Emeka Okafor
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Re: Who would you rather have next season

Its Okafor for me, only because I know he's going to get mins.

Biedrins had an incredible finish to the season, but if you look over his game log, his mins per game were a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs.

If both were going to get 30 mins each night? I'd say Biedrins would probably be more productive. But since he's coached by Nellie, he can only offer so much value.

Okafor is by no means a monster, but his blocks, fg% and boards are all great.

Now this could change if Okafor opts out of his contract and he signs with a team where he has another big man in front of him, this could all change. But as things stand, for me I like Okafor more.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is pretty much my thinking as well. I'm working on a deal and I'm trying to convince the guy Beans and Okafor aren't as even as he's trying to tell me. They're close but Emeka gets the edge. Is Nellie even going to be back next season? Has that been announced?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
This is pretty much my thinking as well. I'm working on a deal and I'm trying to convince the guy Beans and Okafor aren't as even as he's trying to tell me. They're close but Emeka gets the edge. Is Nellie even going to be back next season? Has that been announced?

I havent heard anything about Nellie. Biedrins can opt out his contract as well I believe, but I dont see him going anywhere. The last I'd heard, Okafor wasn't a huge fan of being in Charlotte, so he's the one most likely to move. But who knows, maybe since they fired Vincent they can convince Okafor that he'll love their new head coach or something to keep him in town.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

Biedrins is the better player with less health concerns, Oak hasn't really developed much since coming into the league which makes you wonder if there is even any room for him to grow at all. If you are talking keepers, Biedrins over Okafor... younger, healthier, more talented, with room to grow.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

otmtheshank has an OK reputation so far

I think Okafor, only because you don't really know what you're going to get with a Warrior player. If Nellie's back, he'll be as inconsistent as all GSW bigs are, and if a new coach comes in, Biedrins might not put up the numbers he has on the offensive end. Biedrins has practically no offensive game, so his ppg and FG% would surely drop if he changed teams/coaches.

I slightly prefer Okafor, but don't expect any major improvements from either of them next season.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:19 AM   #7
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this board

Okafor. larry brown will motivate him
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:43 AM   #8
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Okafor, he's just more steady and the safer choice, he always gets big minutes despite the team record. I could also see GS experimenting more with Brandan Wright next year, he was a high lottery pick and he won't rot on the bench forever.

Last edited by bigkingsfan : 05-05-2008 at 05:47 AM.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #9
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

I had Biedrins

and his only Enemy is Don Nelson

however on the flip side Biedrins gets alot of his stats because of the system he's in. If he's on another team I don't think he'd put up the same stats he would in G.S.
He finishes well around the basket and with all the chucking GS does he pulls down a ton of boards and put backs. Be aware if he gets moved as well. He prolly won't be near as productive unless it a similar system.

I think Okafor is doing pretty much what you expect no matter where he goes. And he's Larry Browns perfect Ben Wallace replacement. Okafor is solid depending on your expectations. He doesn't do much offensively but you shouldn't draft him if offense is your need.

Go with Okafor and know you'd be rolling the dice wit Biedrins if he has a great season next yr. I like Biedrins but he's a huge high risk, high reward because of Nellie's rotations.

Important: The only reason Biedrins put up those numbers at the end of the season was because Mickael Pietrus got injured and it forced Nellie to play him. Nellie loves going small and spreading the floor, there's no pattern to his line-ups to predict Biedrins minutes. Sad because with Minutes Biedrins would lead the league in Rebounds and FG% easily...
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #10
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
I havent heard anything about Nellie. Biedrins can opt out his contract as well I believe, but I dont see him going anywhere. The last I'd heard, Okafor wasn't a huge fan of being in Charlotte, so he's the one most likely to move. But who knows, maybe since they fired Vincent they can convince Okafor that he'll love their new head coach or something to keep him in town.

Too many people look at Dwight Howard and hold that against him.
He gets a bum rap personally because Dwight's franchise and He's a role player that was drafted really high. He's not franchise, he's just a solid contributer who will do whatever the coach ask him to do.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #11
stewen12
Banned

stewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation here

Okafor. Because when he played minutes last year he did well. THe Bobcats are probably going to Draft a center so he can polay his normal position of PF
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: