Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 08-17-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

Default What do you guys think of the Nash getting older argument?

i think it's bullsh*t....stevie will be the same for a while...he's very well conditioned and sets very high standards for himself so he will stay the same
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Nash actually plays that kind of basketball that it really doesn't matter that he is getter older. Yes it take's always something away from your game when you get older but look at his game. He ain't so athletic even now, when he is driving/dribbling to the basket, it's not like he is in no horry, it is just smooth. He ain't driving hard to the basket or be physical, he just looks for a free players to dish the ball. So even if he gets little slower, that's not going to effect his offense (only in fast brakes). Plus, he takes lot of outside shots, free shots, he ain't working hard to get open. As long as he keep up his endurance condition, you still can enjoy Nashes playmaking skills for years.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

In all honesty, I see Steve Nash having two more very productive seasons before he starts to decline. I don't see Nash putting up the numbers he is now at the age of 37. At 35 I still see him putting up solid numbers but after that I think his numbers will go down to 10ppg and 5 to 6apg maybe? It is really hard to say and it is a tough subject. I think he is still going to be a solid point guard as he gets older but only time will tell.

Last edited by AIR SETH : 08-17-2006 at 01:01 PM.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #4
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

Default my friends......

steve is like a fine wine, he only gets better with age.....plus he just had back to back MVPs even anything slightly declining from that is still an awesome player
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:09 PM   #5
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

He's already 32, so his decline can happen any time now. He's always been a fragile guy, but he's improved his conditioning since coming to the Phoneix.

My guess is he's gonna hit some injuries this year and probably miss a good 15-20 games and by the start of next year, he'll no longer be at this high level.

We'll see how it goes though.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #6
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

a little pessimistic there mavsfan, you wish he would miss 15-20 games, yeah right nash will miss at MOST 10 games this year....maybe a lil jealousy comin from somebody who used to root for nash in his hometown?
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #7
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
a little pessimistic there mavsfan, you wish he would miss 15-20 games, yeah right nash will miss at MOST 10 games this year....maybe a lil jealousy comin from somebody who used to root for nash in his hometown?

Not really. Just going by what I saw from last year and from when he was in Dallas.

He has a history of breaking down and I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he missed significant amounts of time.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #8
daproducerluvphx
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Not really. Just going by what I saw from last year and from when he was in Dallas.

He has a history of breaking down and I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he missed significant amounts of time.

hey guys i'm new here wat's up...and i really don't think nash would really let himself miss that much...he seems like a very motivated and loveofthegame oriented player
daproducerluvphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:21 AM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by daproducerluvphx
hey guys i'm new here wat's up...and i really don't think nash would really let himself miss that much...he seems like a very motivated and loveofthegame oriented player
I personally refuse to believe nash will ever age. He became larger than the time space continuoum the moment he signed with the suns; however, the moment his contract expires his hair will fall off and his skin wil wrinkle.

OK moreRealistically: Nash was complaining about being tired late last season so he's not in perfect conditioning, and playing run-and-gun bball doesn't feel so good at 37, unless your MJ and you can still drop 40 points at age 40 but i digress oncemore. Nash doesn't use much athleticism and as time goes on Barbosa will get more and more minutes which explains why he got such a long term deal with such big money. I guess the suns plan to make him nash's succesor. Just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Nash go into coaching before he retires( like a player-coach). Much like avery johnson's role with don nelson the year before avery retired from playing. But in conclusion, yes nash is human he gets older.

What a stupid question to ask: "What do you guys think of the nash getting older arguement?" Quite simply, i think he will get one year older on each one of his birthdays until he retires, at that point in time he will disappear from the face of earth.

If i don't get rep for this ....lol. just playing.

Last edited by bigboi_baller : 08-19-2006 at 01:32 AM.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:47 AM   #10
wally_world
M0derator

we're not saying now... we mean in a few years... his points will go down but not his passing ability...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:00 AM   #11
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

I think he has at least 2 more really productive years, especially now that we have Marcus Banks to help spell him, and hopefully can help give him some much needed rest.

Honestly, he has proved a lot of people wrong by how he has played the past 2 years. I didn't think he'd play at the level he's at to be honest with you, but he's got a lot left, and if used right, he prolong his career longer.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:55 PM   #12
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I personally refuse to believe nash will ever age. He became larger than the time space continuoum the moment he signed with the suns; however, the moment his contract expires his hair will fall off and his skin wil wrinkle.

haha...awww

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
playing run-and-gun bball doesn't feel so good at 37, unless your

he's only 32 so far...
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #13
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

statman gave me neg rep for my last post, thats soo gay/stupid/insert politically correct insult here.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #14
Amare32
Decent playground baller

Stevie is the kind of player who could still produce at age 40, he is a very smart player and If you remember John Stockton played till he was around that age and still put up 10 and 6 during that time. I still see Steve having at least 3 years at MVP level.

And when he starts to decline we will have Marcus Banks to take over the reigns. Who is going to be a very good PG....he was very good last year in Minny.

We are in safe hands.
Amare32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:25 PM   #15
marny_navis
Banned

If he hadn't shaved his hair we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: