Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default d'Antoni

this is still so shocking that is seems g karl may return, but-

if d'antoni is available we need to jump all over it- bring d'antoni back to denver and give him a real team this time and i see the perfect fit- was kronke the owner during d'antoni's first stint with the nugs??

now i understand that some of you will make the argument for a defensive coach, but my argument to that is

the nugs only "pretend" to be a full out fast break team- imo the reality is that the nuggets just play with no real structure and rely on one on one offense and runouts- that is no system imo

installing d'antoni's system would likely require replacing iverson with a point gaurd- but besides pg the nugs have the peices to take the suns offense to a whole new level- while everyone is slowing down and sizing up we could become clearly the best offensive team by utiizing the roster we have- defense imo is fixed with respect for the coach and better team chemistry- the players just simply have to try harder- and oh yeah we need to start with better defense at the gaurd spots so that the rotations dont begin withing the first 5 seconds of the shot clock

d'antonis system imo would be perfect for jr& klieza and i truelly believe that carmelo would fit in and become a tripledouble type player at times- could klieza play a marion type pf in that system? (klieza imo is a very good rebounder and would be an impossible cover for most every pf in the league)

d'antoni coaching chicago or ny would be a complete waste- but then again so would karl staying in denver another year

i like the idea of mark jackson as an nba coach and belive he could and would draw the attention and respect of melo- but for now d'antoni has to be #1 on the coaching wishlist
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: d'Antoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
this is still so shocking that is seems g karl may return, but-

if d'antoni is available we need to jump all over it- bring d'antoni back to denver and give him a real team this time and i see the perfect fit- was kronke the owner during d'antoni's first stint with the nugs??

now i understand that some of you will make the argument for a defensive coach, but my argument to that is

the nugs only "pretend" to be a full out fast break team- imo the reality is that the nuggets just play with no real structure and rely on one on one offense and runouts- that is no system imo

installing d'antoni's system would likely require replacing iverson with a point gaurd- but besides pg the nugs have the peices to take the suns offense to a whole new level- while everyone is slowing down and sizing up we could become clearly the best offensive team by utiizing the roster we have- defense imo is fixed with respect for the coach and better team chemistry- the players just simply have to try harder- and oh yeah we need to start with better defense at the gaurd spots so that the rotations dont begin withing the first 5 seconds of the shot clock

d'antonis system imo would be perfect for jr& klieza and i truelly believe that carmelo would fit in and become a tripledouble type player at times- could klieza play a marion type pf in that system? (klieza imo is a very good rebounder and would be an impossible cover for most every pf in the league)

d'antoni coaching chicago or ny would be a complete waste- but then again so would karl staying in denver another year

i like the idea of mark jackson as an nba coach and belive he could and would draw the attention and respect of melo- but for now d'antoni has to be #1 on the coaching wishlist

Please study your NBA history
Mike D'Antoni: 1998-99 (14-36)

This is his record as the Denver Nuggets coach
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

A few days ago George Karl said he was going to go back to his old furious self. I don't know what to expect from him, but whatever he does next season maybe too late because Melo and the rest of the team feel that they don't have to listen to him after what he has done this past season. What the Nuggets need is a hard nosed coach like Bobby Knight, but that is not going to happen. All we can do now is wait to see what happens with the coach and the team. One thing i'd like to mention is the great coaching staff behind George Karl of Moe, Dantley, Dunlap, Mosely, and etc. It is sad for me to see a team with so much talent and an extremely great coaching staff to fall so far from the championship. Hopefully George Karl can straighten out this Nuggets team.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:10 AM   #4
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Nuggets are going nowhere until a change is made at head coach.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think D'Antoni is the answer. For one, he's not a very great coach to begin with. Has a great roster in Phoenix, that's half the reason he's won as much as he has. Secondly, he seems to run his offense very point-guard dominated. Wouldn't work with Carter at the point. Also, Denver doesn't have the transition shooters that Phoenix's offense has. This is all assuming he brings Phoenix's offense to Denver and doesn't change his schemes. If he brings to Denver what he does in Phoenix, wouldn't really work.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: