Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Trade Shane Battier? Mike Miller? Who?

What core Grizzlies players do you think should be traded?

And who do you want in return?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Eddie Jones would be the guy I would deal.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #3
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

I agree. With his contract I would try to package him (possibly sign and trade Lorenzen) for someone like Corey Maggette whos availible and driving ability would do wonders for the Grizz.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:11 AM   #4
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

I don't really know. The Grizz had bonzi wells a couple of years ago and he couldn't produce consistently. Lets just hope the czar don't put whomever this scorer the grizz is gonna get in his doghouse
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #5
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

thats true... and another reason we need a new system. fratello and his slow down game isnt working.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:06 AM   #6
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Grizzledrook has an OK reputation so far
Default Come On

Seriously fratello is the best coach in the history of the grizz.Just cause its slow dosent mean it dosent work.The fact of the matter is our team is full of role players that our either out of prime or have not hit it yet.Pau is all we have and that is sad cause his talents are beign wasted.He has proved that he can play slow it down or run 'n' gun ball.We need to decide if we want to run or play half court.If run is the choice we need trades for more athleticism and a fast point like ridnour or hinrich.Then we need a bruiser next to pau like boozer or nene or shelden williams.
Grizzledrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #7
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

I agree with everything you said Grizzled. The only thing I want to point out is you said this: "Seriously fratello is the best coach in the history of the grizz."

Well let me remind you, weve only had 2 good ones, and I cant place Fratello above Hubie just because he has more wins. I will say Fratello letting Pau play more minutes is more favorable than Hubies dogmatic 10-man rotation. However, saying Fratello is the best coach in franchise history is like saying Emeka Okafor and Gerald Wallace are their All-Time best players. They are, but look at the history.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:54 PM   #8
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Memphis
I agree with everything you said Grizzled. The only thing I want to point out is you said this: "Seriously fratello is the best coach in the history of the grizz."

Well let me remind you, weve only had 2 good ones, and I cant place Fratello above Hubie just because he has more wins. I will say Fratello letting Pau play more minutes is more favorable than Hubies dogmatic 10-man rotation. However, saying Fratello is the best coach in franchise history is like saying Emeka Okafor and Gerald Wallace are their All-Time best players. They are, but look at the history.
Come on j what constitutes best the person with more wins usually.Hubie I give full credit for turning the boys into mature men.Fratello took that knowledge they learned and took farther by letting certain players be themselves,like pau and mike.Even though mike is a choke artist.Fratello has been able to keep the grizz afloat with mediocore talent.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:42 AM   #9
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzledrook
Fratello has been able to keep the grizz afloat with mediocore talent.

youre judgement is fair, im just a little harsher on mine because all fratello has seemed to do is "keep afloat". hes done great with ind. players like pau, im just gettin frustrated with the team disappointments. and honestly i dont care enough about the coaches to argue. all i know is i wouldnt mind avery johnson, scott skiles or someone younger than 60.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:32 PM   #10
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

someone like Corey Maggette whos availible

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
I don't really know. The Grizz had bonzi wells a couple of years ago and he couldn't produce consistently. Lets just hope the czar don't put whomever this scorer the grizz is gonna get in his doghouse

Corey Maggette is not Bonzi Wells.
He would be a great addition to the Grizz.
Reunite with Shane and Dantay.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:16 PM   #11
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
someone like Corey Maggette whos availible

Corey Maggette is not Bonzi Wells.
He would be a great addition to the Grizz.
Reunite with Shane and Dantay.
Ah a duke fan not to many in memphis after the tigers got cheated,but that is another story.UM I like maggette he would be awesome but does not want to be traded.Corey has a health issue on his tag now so he could be a dangerous pick up.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:42 PM   #12
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzledrook
Ah a duke fan not to many in memphis after the tigers got cheated,but that is another story.UM I like maggette he would be awesome but does not want to be traded.Corey has a health issue on his tag now so he could be a dangerous pick up.

I hear ya Grizzled, but that can be said for darn near half the league these days... It's not like the old days anymore. The players these days are PAMPERED too much. There are very few old school players left these days.
Artest & A.I. come to mind... D Wade's another. Alien Cassell tough as hell too.

Last edited by cyco127 : 06-13-2006 at 11:44 PM.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:34 PM   #13
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Back to the issue at hand I would trade miller,battier,wright,tsakalidis,cardinal,bobby jackson.Almost everyone besides pau I am tired of this damn team it hasnt worked lets try a rebuild while pau is young that way when he is 28 in prime our team will be ready for a real run for at least three years.Like kings who gave it a great shot but couldnt get over hump and now there back to rebuilding.The difference is that the kings have a gm that will take chances and earn his check.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:02 PM   #14
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

i would trade anyone too, but i really dont want to see shane go even though wed probably get more than hes worth on the court. off the court, its hard to match him.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:53 PM   #15
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Have you ever met shane not at a grizz lunch in.He is not all he cracked up to be he is arrogant and a womanizer.I have heard alot of stories about shane all bad.However A good friend of mine has met pau at a certain bar enough times to know eachother by name and he told me that from day one pau was very approachable and real cool and open about talking basketball.Also pau is apparently hilarious to watch play darts cause of his long arms.Truthfully I dont care about offcourt antics as long as they give it all they got on the court and really play hard then im cool with them.Ofcourse it would be nice to have the whole package.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: