Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 04-30-2008, 05:21 AM   #1
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Round 1: Cavs vs. Wizards, Game 5 Wed, 6:00 pm ET (TNT)

Vs.

Washington Wizards @ Cleveland Cavaliers

Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards

Dec 5: at Washington 105, Cleveland 86
Jan 23: at Cleveland 121, Washington 85
Feb 22: at Cleveland 90, Washington 89
Mar 13: at Washington 101, Cleveland 99

1st round matchup

Gm. 1: at Cleveland 93, Washington 86
Gm. 2: at Cleveland 116, Washington 86
Gm 3: at Washington 108, Cleveland 72
Gm 4: at Washington 97, Cleveland 100

Cavaliers lead the series 3-1

I think the Cavaliers need to end the series tonight because it would give them alot of confidence going into the 2nd round, and it would probably end the rivalry between the Cavs and the Wizards because they are proving in this game that they are the defending NBA Eastern Conference Champion, and they need some respect from the other team in the League.

I hope LeBron James will be motivated to played his best game of the season by defeating the Wizards, and that would be a huge statement to prove that he is not overrated because he is currently one of the best player in the NBA this season.

I expect Zydrunas Ilgauskas to contribute in this game because the big men is playing better in the first round of the playoffs, and it looks like he is returning to his old form.

The rest of the Supporting Casts need to be more consistent in this game just what they did in Game 4, when Delonte West hit a 3 points shoot to lead the Cavaliers into a 100-97 victory in the Verizon Center.

I think Daniel Gibson and Wally Sczerbiak would be the X-Factor in this game because they have been consistently hitting their outside jumpers, and the Cavaliers are owning the Wizards in the rebounding department beating them 51-31 in Game 4.

Quote:
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP)—LeBron James whistled an unrecognizable tune—no, it wasn’t one of Jay-Z’s—as he practiced free throws. He seemed blissfully serene.

Staying that way will be tough. He’s got to go at least one more round with the Washington Wizards.

A target of taunts and physical abuse almost since the opening tip in Game 1, James and the Cavaliers can eliminate the Wizards from the playoffs for the third straight season Wednesday night.

James, who has enhanced his professional resume by dispatching the Wizards on early summer vacations, knows it won’t be easy to end this first-round series. The Wizards are in a bind, even desperate.

“They ain’t go no choice but to be desperate,” said James, who is averaging 29.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists in four games. “They’re down 3-1. We need to put them away.”
Series at a Glance

On Tuesday, James wouldn’t comment on the latest insult from Wizards center Brendan Haywood, who a day earlier mocked Cleveland’s All-Star by saying, “Awww, they’re trying to hurt me” in a whiny voice in response to James’ assertion following Game 4 that the Wizards are out to get him.

But James stood by his remark: He doesn’t think the Wizards can come back to win the series.

“I just have confidence in our team,” he said. “It has nothing to do with the Wizards. They’re a very good team, but they’ve got to beat us three straight games and I can’t see that happening.”

The Wizards haven’t been eliminated on the road since 1988, when they were knocked out in the first round at Detroit. To avoid a similar fate in Game 5, they’ll need to do a better job on James, hit the boards and make their shots.

It might help, too, if they quit the trash talking, which seems to have boomeranged. Most of what the Wizards have said, has come back to bite them. Throw in some rap stars, a few flagrant fouls and it’s become quite a series.

“I’ve never seen a series like this where you have music involved, you have trash talk involved, everything,” said Cavaliers forward Joe Smith, a 13-year veteran. “I guess that’s the way the sport has grown and when you have a rivalry like this, there’s no telling what you might find.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview;...043005&prov=ap

Cavaliers ( 45-37)

G- Delonte West
G- Devin Brown
F- Lebron James
F- Ben Wallace
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas

6th Man: Daniel Gibson

Coach: Mike Brown

Wizards ( 43-39)

G Antonio Daniels
G Deshawn Stevenson
F Caron Butler
F Antawn Jamison
C Brendan Haywood

6th man: Gilbert Arenas

Coach: Eddie Jordan

Series Statistics

Washington Wizards

A. Jamison 17.5 PPG
A. Jamison 11.5 RPG
C. Butler 4.3 APG
B. Haywood 0.679 FG%
O. Pecherov 1.000 FT%
D. Stevenson 0.417 3P%

Cleveland Cavaliers

L.James 29.5 PPG
L.James 8.5 RPG
L.James 6.5 APG
D. Jones 1.000 FG%
W. Szczerbiak 1.000 FT%
D. West 0.571 3P%

Last edited by Lebron23 : 04-30-2008 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Change title
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:30 AM   #2
Styl3zT
High school junior varsity star

Styl3zT has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 1: Cavs vs. Wizards, Game 5 Tue, 6:00 pm ET (TNT)

Cavs need to win this one. They need to rest up for the mighty celtics or the athletic hawks
Styl3zT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:32 AM   #3
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation
Default Re: Round 1: Cavs vs. Wizards, Game 5 Wed, 6:00 pm ET (TNT)

its amazing, how the hawks are in this playoff race, i absolutely love it how they aint backing down the way the magic did last season to the pistons.

but other then that go the cavs!
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:24 AM   #4
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hopefully the cavs can get this win tonight and boston lose tonight so cleveland will be well rested for the second round while boston is wore down
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

I thought Wally was starting?
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:31 AM   #6
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Wizards are gonna win the next three games.
I hope
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #7
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why is this game coming on at 6??

This series is over. Washington is talking a good game that they can't actually go out and play. LeBron will come out hungry and motivated. Also, I look for West to have another good game, and Ilgauskas will put up 15/10.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
CvsFan
I brick open layups

CvsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Why is this game coming on at 6??

This series is over. Washington is talking a good game that they can't actually go out and play. LeBron will come out hungry and motivated. Also, I look for West to have another good game, and Ilgauskas will put up 15/10.
It's on at 6 cuz TNT is showing both games tonight, and they are both in the East.
CvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:33 PM   #9
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bump
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
Voulnet
Decent playground baller

Voulnet has an OK reputation so far

Let's see how 'tough' Tough Juice is and the rest of the Wizards. I think they're gonna win, I mean seriously, they're not that bad and the Cavs are definitely not THAT good.
Voulnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #11
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Wizards for the win or I kill myself... And Lebron 23
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #12
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Gil is not playing.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Go Wizards!!!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:31 PM   #14
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

the cavs will eliminate the wizards today
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #15
death valley40
I airball my layups

death valley40 has an OK reputation so far

wtf??, does anyone elses cable provider show they're showing Law and Order at 6 and not the Cle vs Was game??
death valley40 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: