Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Lot of coaches available now. Doesn't look like Carlisle is going to get the job.

Because if he was, Paxson would've hired him. Now that Johnson and D'Antoni are available the search is going to really pick up steam.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Lot of coaches available now. Doesn't look like Carlisle is going to get the job.

I would love to see Paxson bring D'Antoni in. Our offense was awful for most of the season, and I'm sure he would find a way to start utilizing Deng and Hinrich more, and maybe Tyrus could blossom as well.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation
Default Re: Lot of coaches available now. Doesn't look like Carlisle is going to get the job.

I dont like avery. too much 1 on 1 for my liking. D'antoni is intruiging bec of his motion offense. question is if hinrich can be a good pg under his system. maybe if we can get someone like calderon, it might work
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:25 AM   #4
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lot of coaches available now. Doesn't look like Carlisle is going to get the job.

Paxson might just be keeping his options open. It's a long off season ahead and in the end I still think it will be Carlisle since he is the best fit for this team the way it is built now.
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:53 AM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Yeah, maybe he's considering Carlisle, but also considering others. No reason to rush unless Carlisle or someone else good is suddenly about to be hired somewhere
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

On ESPN this morning, Stephen A. Smith said that John Paxson will likely talk to Avery Johnson real soon and D'Antoni. I've had more time to think about this and I don't know if either of them would be that bad actually. I think Avery Johnson would be a great coach for this Bulls team and like they were saying on ESPN it's kind of hard to do your job when the owner if sitting right in back of you like Mark Cuban does. I don't think Avery was a good coach for Dallas but I do think he'd be a good coach for Chicago or a team such as New York.

I'd also really consider D'Antoni right now as well. I know I said that he wouldn't be a good fit but like others have said if the Bulls can sign someone such as Baron Davis during the offseason and add some more guys who can score maybe he wouldn't be a bad fit on the Bulls.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #7
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

ya theres so many quality coaches out there. I guess this helps the Bulls out a lot. D'Antoni and Johnson seem to be front runners everywhere. I wouldnt be surprised to see D'Antoni in Toronto, especially considering Colangelo is there
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I'd also really consider D'Antoni right now as well. I know I said that he wouldn't be a good fit but like others have said if the Bulls can sign someone such as Baron Davis during the offseason and add some more guys who can score maybe he wouldn't be a bad fit on the Bulls.

Indeed that is something to think about. Although we would need a defensive minded assistant (like Tom Thibodeau from Boston) since D'Antoni isn't exactly a defensive minded head coach.
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #9
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Honestly, I don't want to see D'Antoni coaching the Bulls.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: