Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 05-01-2008, 02:52 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Remember the Peja, Webber, Vlade days

Those were fun.

Any great memories to share about that team?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Remember the Peja, Webber, Vlade days

nope
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Yes, its called 50+ win seasons, long playoff runs, and a lot of heart break.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
Brickz187
06,12,13 NBA Champions

Brickz187 has an OK reputation so far

Kings used to have a monster squad a few years back. I never did quite understand why they never won the chip. They def. had all the talent in the world. I was always surprised when they lost in the playoffs.
Brickz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #5
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

Yes I definitely remember the days of Peja, Webber, Vlade, Doug Christie, and eventually Mike Bibby. Then you had guys like Bobby Jackson and Scot Pollard coming off the bench and playing well. Those Sacramento Kings were a joy to watch. If it wasn't for Shaq, Kobe, and some clutch shooting by Robert Horry then the Kings might have a championship ring.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #6
meanmonster
I brick open layups

meanmonster has an OK reputation so far

Im not a King fan, but my memories of those days are this: Mike Bibby was clutch and C-Web should have stepped up more. That being said, the Kings should still have 1 or 2 championships however thank the NBA for that and I remember one of many bad calls... the Bibby/Kobe call. I still feel bad for you Kings fans till this day about the LA series.
meanmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:31 AM   #7
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

It Was Rigged F_uck That Sh!t I Liked The Kings Back Then And They Got Jewed
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:50 PM   #8
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickz187
Kings used to have a monster squad a few years back. I never did quite understand why they never won the chip. They def. had all the talent in the world. I was always surprised when they lost in the playoffs.
They probably would have a chip if:

1) the refs called an even series both ways in '02

2) the squad was totally healthy

3) related to #2, Webber went down against the Mavs in '03, the year after the debacle in '02, so he was cut down in his prime and was never the same again. With LA losing to SA that season, the Kings would have faced the Spurs in the WCF and might have won a title there if Webber didn't go down against the Mavs.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
They probably would have a chip if:

1) the refs called an even series both ways in '02

2) the squad was totally healthy

3) related to #2, Webber went down against the Mavs in '03, the year after the debacle in '02, so he was cut down in his prime and was never the same again. With LA losing to SA that season, the Kings would have faced the Spurs in the WCF and might have won a title there if Webber didn't go down against the Mavs.

^^ heartbreaking moment...
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:34 AM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
^^ heartbreaking moment...
Watching Webber go down with that injury was heartbreaking but him returning too early the next season and ruining a good season was worse.

That series against the Wolves was almost as brutal as watching the Kings v Lakers WCF reruns.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #11
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Watching Webber go down with that injury was heartbreaking but him returning too early the next season and ruining a good season was worse.

That series against the Wolves was almost as brutal as watching the Kings v Lakers WCF reruns.

check and check...when he tried to force the issue by coming back early i lost a lot of my hope for the season
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:01 AM   #12
Low End Theory
Serious playground baller

Low End Theory has decent reputation

Pre-knee injury C-Webb was one of my top 3 favorite players in the league. Watching him play may have been the most enjoyment I have ever gotten from watching a post player.
Low End Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:36 AM   #13
ecthelion
Local High School Star

ecthelion has decent reputation

The Kings team of 1998-2001 is particularly my all-time favorite NBA team. Not just because they had J-Will in his glory days, but they really were a team come true.

What with Vlade throwing oops, Webber being a real monster, Peja with his bullseye accuracy, and Williams with his showtime plays, the Kings were a team of character. They really should have won a ring, atleast for Webber's sake. Who even hears of C-Webb anymore? must have broken his heart, to go from number 1 team all the way down to a forced retirement.
ecthelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #14
SacKings101
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SacKings101 has an OK reputation so far

One of my fondest memories is game 3 of the 2002 wcf against the lakers the game where we destroyed them oh man you shouldve seen the faces of the lakers players,fans,phil jackson total shock but i always remember the good ol' days but we gotta move kevin martin is the face of our franchise whether anyone likes it or not so we gotta move on but cheers to the good ol' days lol
SacKings101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:39 AM   #15
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low End Theory
Pre-knee injury C-Webb was one of my top 3 favorite players in the league. Watching him play may have been the most enjoyment I have ever gotten from watching a post player.

I'm not a Kings fan but Webber was the man back in the day. If it wasn't for that injury we could be talking about him like we do with Duncan and KG. Webber was an incredible athlete and I loved to watch him play. If there was ever a player with bad luck it was him. First the time-out at MI and then the knee injury. He could be in the discussion for greatest players to never win it all for sure.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: