Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 11-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #1561
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

We suck.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #1562
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

what. the. ****.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #1563
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stunning comeback on Clemson
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #1564
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

WOW.

Third-most amazing comeback I've ever witnessed in college hoops.

Unbelievable.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #1565
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation

Holy **** that was crazy
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #1566
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I I think I thoroughly freaked out my girlfriend screaming tonight. Bruce Weber can flat out coach.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #1567
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
We suck.
No we don't.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #1568
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

I was so anxious and excited tonight I couldn't return all the text messages I was getting about the game. To calm myself down, I started doing push ups during the time outs.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #1569
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

3rd most amazing?

I get the comeback in the Elite Eight against Arizona but I can't remember another one. Granted I haven't watched the Illini as long as you (my tenure started in 99)...
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:04 AM   #1570
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
3rd most amazing?

I get the comeback in the Elite Eight against Arizona but I can't remember another one. Granted I haven't watched the Illini as long as you (my tenure started in 99)...

He did say college hoops, not just the Illini. LSU was up 30 something on Kentucky a bit into the 2nd half in I think 92 and Kentucky won. Game's like 56 years old so he probably remembers that.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #1571
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
3rd most amazing?

The win at Northwestern last year was also pretty amazing.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #1572
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
He did say college hoops, not just the Illini. LSU was up 30 something on Kentucky a bit into the 2nd half in I think 92 and Kentucky won. Game's like 56 years old so he probably remembers that.
26 years old, but yes, that's the game I was talking about. I wanna say it was January '94.

Last edited by TheGame414 : 12-03-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #1573
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
The win at Northwestern last year was also pretty amazing.
It was. That's probably one of the ten best comebacks I've watched. What were we, down 14 with five minutes left? That was less surprising because we were one of the best defensive teams in the country and for a 4-5 minute stretch, they had no chance to take care of the ball when we started pressing. Then again, as ESPN.com's Dana O'Neil wrote last night, Clemson collapsing like that wasn't all that surprising if you think about it. They're prone to stuff like that.

Another comeback I can't leave out: Jason Williams leading Duke from 10 down with something like 58 seconds left to beat Maryland in 2001. How you gauge that against a 23-point comeback with 19 minutes left, I don't know, but that Duke comeback in '01 is somewhere in the top five I've seen also.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #1574
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Oh, can't forget about the Seton Hall game in 2000. Down 42-21 late in the first half in a nationally televised game between a pair of Top 10 squads, came back to win in OT behind Frank Williams and Marcus Griffin. Unreal game that I missed in its entirety, because I was en route to watch my sister play an 8th grade state championship basketball game. I actually missed the start of her game to stay in the car and listen to the end of the Illinois game. I'm a terrible brother and I'm fine with that. She'd have done the same thing.

Anyway....so, yeah. The NBA knows the name BP3. I almost forgot what it's like when your players are good enough that you have to deal with the Association.

For those that don't have Insider, he's No. 33 on their Top 100 watch list for 2010 and is listed as a potential mid- to late-first rounder. Mike Davis is No. 87 on the list.

Big Ten guys in the Top 100:

No. 3 Evan Turner
No. 24 Durrell Summers
No. 33 Brandon Paul
No. 44 Manny Harris
No. 46 Rodney Williams
No. 48 Jujuan Johnson
No. 66 Kalin Lucas
No. 87 Mike Davis
No. 90 William Buford
No. 95 Deshawn Sims
Old 12-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #1575
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Nice wire to wire win tonight against a ranked team. Vandy never really got close after the 9-0 run at the start.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: