Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #2131
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

"Dude". lol

I will try one for myself....here we go:

I still remember dude saying Leonard alone made Illinois' front court better than MSU's.....regardless of the fact MSU has a potential first team all-american at pf and is on everyone's top 10 for national POY.....along with Payne and Nix who are better than the 2nd and 3rd best bigs on Illinois in the minds of everyone....except maybe for said "guy".

And no, if you guys win, it doesn't make the above statement any less ridiculous. I mean, I feel you should come out and at least admit how silly of a comment that was.

See the difference in comments that we made? I simply made a bet because I believe MSU can out rebound you guys by 5. Nothing silly about that. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Just feel those are good odds. You on the other hand.....ridiculous.

Illinifan and Wang4three....did you trade TheGame for this poster? lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #2132
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,487
ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
"Dude". lol

I will try one for myself....here we go:

I still remember dude saying Leonard alone made Illinois' front court better than MSU's.....regardless of the fact MSU has a potential first team all-american at pf and is on everyone's top 10 for national POY.....along with Payne and Nix who are better than the 2nd and 3rd best bigs on Illinois in the minds of everyone....except maybe for said "guy".

And no, if you guys win, it doesn't make the above statement any less ridiculous. I mean, I feel you should come out and at least admit how silly of a comment that was.

See the difference in comments that we made? I simply made a bet because I believe MSU can out rebound you guys by 5. Nothing silly about that. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Just feel those are good odds. You on the other hand.....ridiculous.

Illinifan and Wang4three....did you trade TheGame for this poster? lol

That's not what I said. But I knew you'd find your way in here.

Go dig up the quote of mine and post it here and if you still don't understand it, I'll be glad to explain it.

Also, it's looking like Leonard is everything I said he was...

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #2133
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
That's not what I said. But I knew you'd find your way in here.

Go dig up the quote of mine and post it here and if you still don't understand it, I'll be glad to explain it.

Also, it's looking like Leonard is everything I said he was...

-Smak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
Illinois has a better front line than MSU just because of Leonard.

-Smak

Post 836 in the 2011/12 thread.

Egwu, Shaw and Griffey who you mentioned in that post average a combined 8 ppg. They average a combined 7.5 rpg.

Keeping that in mind, Green, Nix and Payne average a combined 30/18.5. Green alone 15.3/10.4 and is an all-american.

So with all that in mind, if you add Leonard's 13.4/8 to the other three's measly output, somehow Illinois' front line becomes superior to MSU's. Even though for all of Leonard's talent, he still makes quite a few silly mistakes (passes and such).

Ya, you basically are saying Leonard single handidly makes them better when you look at how little the other guys produce relative to the three MSU guys.

I also think MSU's bigs are better defenders as well.

This isn't me saying MSU will win tomorrow on the road. It's me saying "WTF are you smoking?"
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #2134
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 8,019
IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Leonard is the best pro prospect on either team, but MSU's front court as a whole is clearly better right now. I think everyone can agree with this statement.

As far as TheGame, I'm not sure why he doesn't post here anymore. I think I've seen him post on one of the ESPN blog comments section under WMDee not too long ago. Pretty sure he usually goes with aliases that play on Illini players' names.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #2135
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,487
ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Post 836 in the 2011/12 thread.

Egwu, Shaw and Griffey who you mentioned in that post average a combined 8 ppg. They average a combined 7.5 rpg.

Keeping that in mind, Green, Nix and Payne average a combined 30/18.5. Green alone 15.3/10.4 and is an all-american.

So with all that in mind, if you add Leonard's 13.4/8 to the other three's measly output, somehow Illinois' front line becomes superior to MSU's. Even though for all of Leonard's talent, he still makes quite a few silly mistakes (passes and such).

Ya, you basically are saying Leonard single handidly makes them better when you look at how little the other guys produce relative to the three MSU guys.

I also think MSU's bigs are better defenders as well.

This isn't me saying MSU will win tomorrow on the road. It's me saying "WTF are you smoking?"

Well, I dunno what to tell you because it sounds like you've already decided that this is true no matter what happens in the game.

But I will say that you are too focused on stats. I know Green is a beast; I've always liked him, but Nix and Payne don't excite me as much as they do you.

If you look at our minutes, other than Griffey, none of the guys I mentioned even play more than 10 minutes. Your reply could be "That's because they suck!" But that's not true. I believe we will be seeing them more in that game.

We'll see what happens, should be a good game. I'll be watching that rebounding line.

(And it's on National TV so I can actually watch it.)

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #2136
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
Well, I dunno what to tell you because it sounds like you've already decided that this is true no matter what happens in the game.

But I will say that you are too focused on stats. I know Green is a beast; I've always liked him, but Nix and Payne don't excite me as much as they do you.

If you look at our minutes, other than Griffey, none of the guys I mentioned even play more than 10 minutes. Your reply could be "That's because they suck!" But that's not true. I believe we will be seeing them more in that game.

We'll see what happens, should be a good game. I'll be watching that rebounding line.

(And it's on National TV so I can actually watch it.)

-Smak

The stats were used as a reference. I have watched both teams play enough this season to feel comfortable stating Nix and Payne are better at this stage and contribute much more than the guys behind Leonard.

As for the game....I give State about a 45% chance of winning it. Not gonna give them a 50/50 shot just because they have proven they can lose against good teams on the road in the Big 10. They aren't good enough where I can assume they will beat a slightly lesser team on the road (although they might be getting there). A great shot, ya, but they shouldn't be favorites.

I hope with State's perimeter defense this year they can continue your scoring problems. Even if Leonard gets his. Great man to man defense and control the rebounds.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #2137
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,487
ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
The stats were used as a reference. I have watched both teams play enough this season to feel comfortable stating Nix and Payne are better at this stage and contribute much more than the guys behind Leonard.

As for the game....I give State about a 45% chance of winning it. Not gonna give them a 50/50 shot just because they have proven they can lose against good teams on the road in the Big 10. They aren't good enough where I can assume they will beat a slightly lesser team on the road (although they might be getting there). A great shot, ya, but they shouldn't be favorites.

I hope with State's perimeter defense this year they can continue your scoring problems. Even if Leonard gets his. Great man to man defense and control the rebounds.

Well as I originally said I think if u win it'll be because of your perimeter guys. I hope we come out and demolish them and own the paint. Then I can come in here and be like whaatttttttt. Here's to hoping.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #2138
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
Well as I originally said I think if u win it'll be because of your perimeter guys. I hope we come out and demolish them and own the paint. Then I can come in here and be like whaatttttttt. Here's to hoping.

-Smak

I really hope you guys don't win and win on the boards too....I'd be really annoyed if I have to read you rubbing it in. lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #2139
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 8,019
IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Well looks like you should be good for the rebounding margin. They get about 3 offensive boards every time down.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #2140
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Well looks like you should be good for the rebounding margin. They get about 3 offensive boards every time down.

Was thinking the same thing. lol But the game is very early.

Payne not only shooting, but making a three was hilarious too.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #2141
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,487
ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Was thinking the same thing. lol But the game is very early.

Payne not only shooting, but making a three was hilarious too.

Depends; green is out... but if Bruce keeps running a 4 guard lineup that's not gonna work. As soon as I saw that I was like ****. lol. But we'll see what happens in the end.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #2142
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 8,019
IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

They can't hit shit and they're up two. We're playing some awful basketball.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #2143
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

If State's shooting was even just average they'd be up by 15 or so right now.

Illinois looks horrible and that's playing against a team who's shooting 4-22 right now. lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #2144
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,487
ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
If State's shooting was even just average they'd be up by 15 or so right now.

Illinois looks horrible and that's playing against a team who's shooting 4-22 right now. lol

Despite the fact that the Illini are giving up boards, they are playing really great D and most of the offensive rebounds were not scores. In general, there defense of the paint (actually both team's) has been outstanding.

I guess I gotta give our guys credit for rebounding somewhat even though they are running a 4 guard offense, but in the end if we keep getting owned like that, we're going to lose.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #2145
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 8,019
IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

This is the weirdest game I've seen in a while. Michigan State is missing layups left and right and Illinois forgot how to get defensive rebounds.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy