Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 02-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #1381
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation
Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

Not when the 36 was against a terrible team, and the 33 was against a likely tournament team.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:52 AM   #1382
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

Well, I don't know how they did it but somehow they came up looking great today. Doubling our score and then some from last game. Davis, McCamey, and Meachem all played great.

We haven't played great on Thursdays but we have to play with revenge on our mind when we play Minnesota. They embarrassed us last time out and we need to show them that it's still fresh in our mind.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:05 AM   #1383
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Not when the 36 was against a terrible team, and the 33 was against a likely tournament team.

Thanks for using an obvious argument. All I know is that when people look back, they will see the number 33 against Penn St. lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:15 AM   #1384
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Thanks for using an obvious argument. All I know is that when people look back, they will see the number 33 against Penn St. lol
That's fine. I'll already laugh about it myself because we came out and got a huge road win with one of our better offensive performances of the year our very next time out.

And number of points aside, I'm pretty sure that same Penn State team won at Breslin, too. Which begs the question of how many times THAT has happened in the same year: someone winning both at the Hall and Breslin.

Ohio State had to have done it in 2007. Other than that.....?
Old 02-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #1385
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
That's fine. I'll already laugh about it myself because we came out and got a huge road win with one of our better offensive performances of the year our very next time out.

And number of points aside, I'm pretty sure that same Penn State team won at Breslin, too. Which begs the question of how many times THAT has happened in the same year: someone winning both at the Hall and Breslin.

Ohio State had to have done it in 2007. Other than that.....?

Not very often I'd say. lol Penn St will be in unless they fail badly to end the season.

Reading espn.com's list of locks/bubble teams reminded me they didn't play anyone in the non-conference schedule. So an impressive Big 10 season to date may not erase a bad end to the season. ie. If you don't get another sig win Penn St, do not bow out in the first round of the Big 10 tourny.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #1386
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

33 points should = un-sticky.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #1387
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_white089
omg lol!!1!

It wouldn't have been funny even if you had posted it before we won at Ohio State.
IlliniFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:22 AM   #1388
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_white089
I'll take that under consideration.

Well, I met with the committee of one- me- and turns out we're gonna keep it.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #1389
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Chester Fraizer has to win defensive player of the year.

This team may be ready for the tournament...outside of rebounding.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #1390
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

MSU today! It's also my birthday. I purposely asked for no gifts from my friends/girlfriend so that the Illinois win will be all the sweeter.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #1391
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

Ughhh, a disappointing loss. We should have won this game. This was just one that we needed. Not just to catch them for a possible Big10 title but to boost our resume with a quality win. I'm not sure we have a marquee win. Sure, we beat Mizzou but only as of late does it look like a good win.

We need to beat PSU next because we can't go into that Big10 tourney with no momentum.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #1392
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I won't be too mean since MSU won both games. Here's your avy till the end of march madness hippos.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/res...tingIllini.jpg
IlliniFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #1393
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

14 points is pretty close. Not being able to finish strong at home and pull away killed me. lol

And LOL at whoever said Illinois should have won. Maybe lead once in the game first. lol
Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #1394
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger

I still get chills about this game.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #1395
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Taylor Battle
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: