Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-17-2006, 06:46 PM   #1
BBallBeatwriter
Decent playground baller

BBallBeatwriter has no real reputation yet.
Default Chris Paul Will Soon Be The Best

We all know that the best the L has to offer in PG’S come in the form of Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. No argument there. They are soon to retire though, and with that the torch will be passed. Scratch that, the torch is being passed under our very eyes right now. A new day is dawning in the land of NBA point guards. The day’s name is Chris Paul. He is the REAL DEAL, and he will become a perennial All-Star.

Last season was no fluke. I can’t recall any rookie registering a triple-double, no less back-to-back since Kirk Hinrich. Not only did CP3 finish his stellar season with more steals than anyone else in the L, he came in second only to Gerald Wallace in steals per game. Along with being seventh in the league in assists per contest, Paul only averaged 2.3 TO’s per game. He also had 16 points per, came in 23rd in efficiency rating and 15th overall in fantasy ranking. I know he didn’t’ have a whole lot to work with down in NOK, but still, not bad for a rookie. He will make Hornets rookies Cedric Simmons and Hilton Armstrong much better than if they would have been drafted by any other squad. I think Peja had Chris Paul in mind when he signed with NOK, knowing that Paul will find him open shots on the wing.

This summer I had the privilege of attending the Toshiba Vegas Summer League. Like every year it turned out to be a fan-fare, as players were mobbed for autographs and constantly hounded. CP3 was in attendance during the last day on the League, as he sat on the Hornets bench. Though not playing, he was actively involving himself in huddles and time out speeches. Before tip-off I was fortunate enough to talk to Chris Paul. I walked behind the Hornets bench to tell him just how great I thought he was. I echoed the same sentiments Lenny Wilkens said about Paul: He is the best point guard in the L. After I told him “Chris, you are bar-none the best point guard in the league.” He turned around and humbly told me “NO, I am not” hinting that he still had a long ways to go, and that there are better PG’s out there. Well he doesn’t have very long to go, in fact HE HAS ARRIVED AND HIS TIME IS NOW. HE IS THE REAL DEAL
BBallBeatwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:06 PM   #2
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board
Thumbs up best young prospect, perhaps

Chris paul is a rare specimen: young, intelligent, quick, and unselfish point guard. He can decipher zone defenses by locating the open shooters. His weakness is an inconsistent jumper, though.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:09 PM   #3
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What impresses me the most about Chris Paul is his rebounding ability, as he averaged 5.1 boards per game last year.

Measuring in at 6'0", it made him by far the shortest player to average over five rebounds per game. Kidd (6'4", 7.3 rpg) and Wade (6'4", 5.7 rpg) are the only ones close to him in terms of size-to-rpg ratio.

He outrebounding the likes of:

Carmelo Anthony (6'8", 4.7 rpg), Tayshaun Prince (6'9", 4.2 rpg), and Rashard Lewis (6'10", 5.0 rpg)

and i only mentioned those because of similar Minutes Per Game numbers. He also outrebounded, but didnt equal in terms of play time:

Lorenzo Wright, Radoslav Nesterovic, Vlad Radmonovic, Mark Blount, Jared Jeffries, Francisco Elson, DeSagana Diop, Desmond Mason, Hedo Turkoglu, etc...
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:52 PM   #4
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

He is without a doubt the best young point guard in the league. He will be top 3 point guard for a really, long time. He is just amazing. A rare type of player.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #5
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default re

Especially considering that many columnist ranked the hornets last heading into the season, I think what he did was remarkable.

Considering the new talent (peja, tyson) and the rookies I think he will continue to improve his stats from last year.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:11 PM   #6
demons2005
Local High School Star

demons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

dont sleep on felton paul gets overrated by everyone but felton is the better player if you actually watch them.

Last edited by demons2005 : 05-07-2012 at 09:30 PM.
demons2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons2005
dont sleep on felton paul gets overrated by everyone but felton is the better player if you actully watch them.

I love Raymond Felton and that's not true. Paul is better than him.

Paul

Felton

Deron Williams
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:05 PM   #8
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

It will be interesting to see how good Livingston will be in 2 or 3 years. If Livingston developes a consistant 3 point jumper, it's over.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:07 PM   #9
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons2005
dont sleep on felton paul gets overrated by everyone but felton is the better player if you actully watch them.

Felton is lovely but there is nothing overrated about Paul. I dont think Felton could have done what Paul did last year. He singlehandedly carried that team period and against the good teams too. The man will be one of the best. Felton should be a great pro but Paul has that magic that only the greats have. I saw him in a high school all star game and I saw it in him there.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:34 PM   #10
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Felton is good but he's not better than Paul...CP3 is just a rare player...much like lebron....
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:08 AM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Ofcourse he will, hes in my top 5 point guards list.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:10 AM   #12
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Felton just didnt have the chance to carry his team. plus felton didnt have david west who was a beast last year. okafor was injured and felton and knight shared time.

paul didnt share a whole lot of time with speedy.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:21 AM   #13
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Felton just didnt have the chance to carry his team. plus felton didnt have david west who was a beast last year. okafor was injured and felton and knight shared time.

paul didnt share a whole lot of time with speedy.

Felton played 2402 minutes
Paul played 2804
Speedy played 2020
Brevin played 2350
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:21 AM   #14
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Felton played 2402 minutes
Paul played 2804
Speedy played 2020
Brevin played 2350

thank u for proving my point i guess.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:11 AM   #15
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Arrow Little whore of a body...

When Chris Paul improves his jumpshot...he's going to be deadly. His jumpshot is pretty good right now too...just needs to be consistant.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: