Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 05-03-2008, 01:47 AM   #181
Streetball Sage
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Streetball Sage has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 1:Rockets @ Jazz 10:30 pm ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Well... Jazz beat a team who won 22 straight games in the row at the end of the year.
12 of those came with Yao Ming in the roster... and, Rafer Alston, who missed the first two games and went down in the first half of Game 6 was a huge part of the next 10.
Streetball Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:49 AM   #182
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetball Sage
12 of those came with Yao Ming in the roster... and, Rafer Alston, who missed the first two games and went down in the first half of Game 6 was a huge part of the next 10.

Doesn't matter... They won 22 in a row, with and without Yao. Rafer did a lot for Houston I agree, and the second half would have been a bit different, but the Jazz still would have won by a decent margin. Bring on LA!
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:39 AM   #183
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LutherHeadJob
Well done Jazz, hope you beat the lakers then lose the next round

Next year

Yao comes back
Rafrer comes back
Landry + Scola with more experience
Novak could inprove

Bjax's 6 mil expiring contract

Next year:

Yao gets hurt again.
Deke is retired.
McGrady is still McGrady.

Can't say I'm really too excited about next year until we make some upgrades/additions. We need a couple of centers capable of being in the rotation. Yes, a couple. One to be Yao's back-up and then one to be that player's back-up when Yao gets hurt. We also need to ditch Luther Head. I'm sorry, he's just not really that good. He's an end of the bench kinda guy. I think we play Brooks as Rafer's back-up and Jackson as McGrady's. If no good big men are available in the draft for us, I'd like to see us go with another guard. I'd like to keep Chuck and Mike Harris also.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #184
eltonrosas
Kids at the park dunk on me

eltonrosas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
congrats utah...

scary match up for the lakers. both teams can definitely push the series to the limit. both can get it done inside and out. great shooting, rebounding, and post play. lakers need to hold their ground and be ready. this will be a totally different series than the denver one.

agreed
eltonrosas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #185
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Next year:

Yao gets hurt again.
Deke is retired.
McGrady is still McGrady.

Can't say I'm really too excited about next year until we make some upgrades/additions. We need a couple of centers capable of being in the rotation. Yes, a couple. One to be Yao's back-up and then one to be that player's back-up when Yao gets hurt. We also need to ditch Luther Head. I'm sorry, he's just not really that good. He's an end of the bench kinda guy. I think we play Brooks as Rafer's back-up and Jackson as McGrady's. If no good big men are available in the draft for us, I'd like to see us go with another guard. I'd like to keep Chuck and Mike Harris also.
Yeah I think we need size. Without Yao we become very small and get killed on the boards. We need rebounders, and I agree with getting rid of Luther, except that his value has probably sunk after this series. I think we need a wind player with some size off the bench, like Bonzi. When Bonzi had a good game the Rockets had a good chance of winning.

Another long off-season to wait through to see the Rockets play again...
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:11 AM   #186
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Round 1:Rockets @ Jazz, Game 6, Friday 10:30 pm ET

Brooks sucks. He's fast, great. But he can't shoot and he has tunnel vision. Rockets should jump on an Artest deal if it's offered again.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:10 AM   #187
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Brooks sucks. He's fast, great. But he can't shoot and he has tunnel vision. Rockets should jump on an Artest deal if it's offered again.

Yes he can shoot, he is just a rookie with little playing time.

Didn't David West ave. like 4 point his rookie season?

And what deal if Artest opt out there is no deal, unless you spend BIG MONEY in FA.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #188
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Yeah I think we need size. Without Yao we become very small and get killed on the boards. We need rebounders, and I agree with getting rid of Luther, except that his value has probably sunk after this series. I think we need a wind player with some size off the bench, like Bonzi. When Bonzi had a good game the Rockets had a good chance of winning.

Another long off-season to wait through to see the Rockets play again...
Yeah, I agree with the need for wing players. I'd really like to get Robin Lopez in the 1st round because he can play on both sides of the ball and he's a very good shot blocker and athletic, but if he's not there, I'd like someone like Brandon Rush, CDR, Chase Budinger (if he drops), Bill Walker, or maybe even Kyle Weaver. We just have nothing behind Battier.

Free agency might be the best fix for our big man needs anyway. Get a couple of veteran bodies in here.

Quote:
Don't give up so soon, man. He's taken me 3 years to give up on Luther Head and I'll give Brooks the same amount of time.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #189
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

i hope we can land mike miller in the offseason. and possibly a good back up center. deke is good but he is slow and argues with ref instead of transitioning
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #190
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
i hope we can land mike miller in the offseason. and possibly a good back up center. deke is good but he is slow and argues with ref instead of transitioning
That would be dope if we got Miller, but how would we?
Old 05-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #191
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
Yeah Mike Miller would great to get, but how would our line up look? Battier playing PF and Scola off the bench? or is Battier or Miller coming off the bench? I think neither would be effective, to have our best defender off the bench or to have a player of Miller's caliber to come off the bench. I just don't know how you would figure that out.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #192
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
That would be dope if we got Miller, but how would we?

just a idea.

the lakers got gasol for practically nothing. i hope morey can work his magic

maybe something like. luther/novak/ab0/1st
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: