Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 05-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #31
eltonrosas
Kids at the park dunk on me

eltonrosas has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 2, Lakers vs Jazz, Game 1, Sunday 3:30 ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybadass
i forsee deron williams destroying kobe. hes always felt underated and kobes mvp just gives him more motivation

I don't think he cares about kobe much. The mvp thing, he doesn't care either. WE as the fans started saying he was the mvp but he only feels he got cheated out of the all star game, but that's it.

Plus it's 2 different positions. D-will, will get his just as kobe will. But anyone saying d-will is too young and inexperienced is just stupid, because we all know what d-will does in the big games. Ask the spurs in the WCF last year d-will averaged almost 30 points per game.

Last edited by eltonrosas : 05-03-2008 at 11:55 AM.
eltonrosas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #32
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Official Thread: Round 2, Game 1 LAKERS vs JAZZ Sunday May4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Yes, its on ABC nationally... See http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86629 if that helps.

This will be a tough series for sure.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to this...1 more day to go!
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #33
flintstone
Good High School Starter

flintstone has an OK reputation so far

I think the Lakers, had it a little to easy in the first series...and they've had a little to much rest....result, they drop one at home.

Jazz in 6
flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #34
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by artest 93
The Jazz are a dirty/flopping team and I find myself rooting for the Lakers all the way.

I was literally counting posts till the first moron whining about how dirty the Jazz are. Congratuliations, you win the prize.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #35
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

My thoughts:

PG: Deron Williams vs. Derek Fisher. An interesting matchup, for sure. Fisher is a savvy veteran that plays well in the triangle and certainly knows what it takes to win big games. But Williams is an All NBA point guard who is building quite the playoff resume, full of big shots and crucial plays, some of which he ironically learned from Fisher. Look for Williams to isolate on Fisher frequently, run his opponent into screens relentlessly, and use his crossover whenever he can to beat his man and get to the rim. EDGE: JAZZ

SG: Ronnie Brewer vs. Kobe Bryant. Brewer has made big strides this season; he plays tight defense, gets lots of steals and deflections, and shoots a high percentage because his endless cutting gets him lots of putbacks, dunks, and layups. He should be tuned up after having to guard McGrady for 6 games (something he did very well), but the fact of the matter is that Kobe Bryant is an entirely different animal. Kobe will likely average 30 points plus during the series, and the onus will be on him to decide when to take over games and when to defer to his teammates. Since the arrival of Gasol, he seems to have done this almost impeccably. We'll see what happens if we find ourselves in a tight fourth quarter of game seven. EDGE: LAKERS

SF: Andrei Kirilenko vs. Vladimir Radmadovic. AK-47 is a jack-of-all-trades who, when he is at the top of his game, changes the potency of his team from very good to damn-near unbelievable. The problem is, nobody knows when Andrei is going to have an amazing game and when he is going to be invisible. Vlad Rad is a good shooter and can rebound the ball some, but like Kirilenko, seems to have a couple of insignificant games for every great game he plays. EDGE: JAZZ

PF: Carlos Boozer vs. Lamar Odom. Boozer is Utah's workhorse, averaging a double-double all season long and forming a potent pick-and-roll duo with Deron Williams. He can shoot out to about 18 feet, can finish at the rim with either hand, and plays well with his back to the basket. He has shown some inconsistency over the last month or so, and it seems he is still adjusting to being the focal point of opposing defenses. Odom is the Lakers' Kirilenko, a do-everything player who has never played better than he is now, and, not coincidently, has never meant more to the Lakers' success. EDGE: EVEN

C: Mehmet Okur vs. Pau Gasol. Okur is critical to Utah's success, as his long-range shooting opens the paint up for everyone else on the floor. For a Utah offense that emphasizes cuts, back-screens, and switches in order to get layups and mismatches down low, having a player that can draw opposing big men away from the basket is absolutely crucial. He also forms a perfect complement to the Boozer/Williams pick and roll, as his pick and pop can be utilized if Boozer is struggling. Okur simply has to play well and shoot well for Utah to win this series. Gasol, the oft-described "missing piece" is an enormously versatile offensive weapon, a terrific shooter who can play with his back to the basket as well as anyone in the league. His passing seems to have become as crucial to LA's offense as Okur's longe range shooting is to Utah's. He passes out of the double team very well, which means Okur will have to play him straight up, something he has shown he can do (Yao Ming), but doesn't consistently. EDGE: LAKERS

Bench: Price/Korver/Harpring/Millsap vs. Farmar/Walton/Turiaf/Vujacic. What can I say? Two very similarly built teams. Both have bangers/physical guys and shooters/finesse players coming off the bench. Both have reserve units that can carry the team some nights, and lose leads the next, a factor due in large part to the youth of the respective groups. EDGE: EVEN

Coaching: Jerry Sloan vs. Phil Jackson. Can't really say either team has an advantage here. Both coaches have won millions of games, both run their systems to a T, neither will get rattled by the moment, and they know each other so well they could probably fill out each other's tax forms. EDGE: EVEN.

Should be a fun series. Outside of a Laker's home court advantage, I see these two teams being pretty evenly matched.

Last edited by CakeorDeath : 05-03-2008 at 01:00 PM.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #36
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Nice read cakeordeath, and I agree on most terms. Here's to hoping AK is on top of his game and can provide plenty of help D on Kobe, otherwise Bryant will go ape**** on us.

And for the record, I'm not scared of Gasol at all.

I'm really looking forward to the coaching matchup, something most people tend to completely overlook when judging this series. After all, it's triangle againt p'n'r revisited. Those coaches know each other inside out, let's see how they'll adapt.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #37
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
Wow so the Hornets have already lost that series huh?
I hope NO can win it but I dont think they will.
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #38
joshwake
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltonrosas
From reading this thread I can see not all laker fans are delirious. But if the Jazz win it wouldn't be an upset, maybe except to delirious laker fans, but that's it.

Jazz in 6 or 7

how is a 4 seed beating a 1 seed not an upset?
Old 05-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #39
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

utah in 6
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #40
RiPPn
I hit open layups

RiPPn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwake
how is a 4 seed beating a 1 seed not an upset?

Before the playoffs started, people would say if any team lost to any team in the west, including the Lakers to the Nuggets it wouldn't be considered an upset because only 7 games separated 1 - 8, so if an 8 beating a 1 wasn't an upset then a 4 beating a 1 surely isn't.

Can't wait for tomorrow, Go Jazz!!
RiPPn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #41
Heretik32
Myrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiPPn
Before the playoffs started, people would say if any team lost to any team in the west, including the Lakers to the Nuggets it wouldn't be considered an upset because only 7 games separated 1 - 8, so if an 8 beating a 1 wasn't an upset then a 4 beating a 1 surely isn't.

Who are you and why have you stolen my avatar ;)
Old 05-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #42
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Gooooooooooooo Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!

*fixed
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:20 PM   #43
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
Kobe would piss on Deron.

Deron is a great player, but he's too young and unexperienced compared to Kobe, who's on a hot streak. And Utah is where Kobe always chose to put on a show with a BRASH and BADNESS.

Even though I probably agree, TMac couldn't save Houston with 40 point games and triple doubles.
But, Kobe does have a supporting cast. This series can't come down to single players. It will be entire team efforts on both sides, utilizing their deep benches, and the one that strikes the best chemistry the fastest wins.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #44
joshwake
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiPPn

yea.. very few games seperating them. but the way the lakers have been playing this would be an upset if the Jazz win. Kobe plays well against the Jazz, and the best shot Utah has is if they can pull out the close games. Having Kobe on the opposing team makes that very difficult.

Each team will have one 15+ win at home and the other home games will be close. that will determine the winner and I think the jazz need to take 2 of those close games to win this. Here is how i see it playing out.

----------------
G1 in LA (key): This will be a close one, both teams in the high 90s. Kobe wont be huge but both teams will have a solid effort from most thier starters.

G2 in LA: Blowout for LA, Kobe in the high 30s or 40s. Pau in the 20s. The only one that shows up for utah is williams and someone off the bench.

G3 in Utah: Blowout for Utah, Kobe still goes for 30s but only 2 other lakers in low double digits. Boozer finally has a big game in the playoffs with 30+ points and 14+ rbs.

G4 in Utah (key): Buzzerbeater. either Kobe or williams.

---at this point, I would expect that if either team wins both of the Key games it will be LA. I think the best Utah can hope for is one Key win and probably will be the case.

G5 in LA (key): Either LA blowout or Utah close win.

G6 in Utah: if it gets this far, Utah will win by 5-10

G7 in LA: again, IF. LA by 5
--------------------

If i go with my gut, I would say LA in 6, maybe 7. But If I go with my heart, Jazz in 6.

I can't wait to see how wrong I am though.

Last edited by joshwake : 05-03-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #45
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lakers in 3.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: