Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 06-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #16
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that would certainly solidify the frontcurt, but the problem is if you trade KG you have to rebuild, you dont want big contracts in return unless they are expiring, plus you're giving up mccants, which isnt good.
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:09 AM   #17
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

the wolves wudnt have to rebuild from scratch do it on the fly, this way they have solid bigmen to build from. they wud attract attn from FA's
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:30 AM   #18
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Minny messed up KG's career. Ya need to trade him before he gets too old. It pisses me off to read that Duncan is better than him when he has all the support and KG has nothing.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:49 PM   #19
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
Minny messed up KG's career. Ya need to trade him before he gets too old. It pisses me off to read that Duncan is better than him when he has all the support and KG has nothing.

...not to mention better coaching.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #20
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If timberwolves keep my main man KG, they need someone to support him, once they do that there back in the race for the top of the east.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:49 PM   #21
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntown
If timberwolves keep my main man KG, they need someone to support him, once they do that there back in the race for the top of the east.

East? r u lost?....I think everyone knows he needs support, the problem is T-wolves managment gettin him some.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #22
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntown
i wud like to take this opportunity to state that browntown does not represent brown people everywhere. his ignorance belongs solely to him.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #23
hle_81
Can barely lace up my sneakers

hle_81 has an OK reputation so far

keep him. you can't trade a guy like kg.
hle_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:29 AM   #24
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

If they keep him, they better add some real players instead of just swapping subpar guys for other subpar guys
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:30 PM   #25
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Don't ignore the fact that if they keep him, they not only get to sell tickets and remain profitable, but they can also use him to mentor all the lottery picks they'll aquire. If you're the owner, there's more to it than trying to win a championship. I'm sure they'd love to retire #21 someday.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #26
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

who wudnt luv to have KG, but if KG wants to go they cant keep him around.kinda like the tmac situation in orlando u dont want a grouchy superstar around to b a lousy example for lottery picks.

i dont think the wolves can do much to help KG get the players around him he needs....(if only they cud get iverson)..
Old 06-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #27
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

He'll be dealt in February. Irregardless of what they do this summer, only Portland and maybe Golden State are likely to be worse than the T-Wolves next season.

PG - Marcus Banks
SG - Ricky Davis
SF - Trenton Hassell
PF - Garnett
C - Mark Blount

Bench: A rookie and nothing else really worth talking about.

That roster simply sucks. And they won't even have their own pick next draft because of the Marko Jaric/Sam Cassell deal. They need to whatever it takes to get a shot at Oden. Including dealing Garnett.

And fire McHale already.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:40 AM   #28
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

What about:

Bibby+Miller+Williamson+Potapenko+#19

for

KG+Jaric+Hassel

Bibby/Mccants/Davis/Griffin/Miller is actually a pretty good team. Williamson an Potapenko are like 9 million$ worth of expiring contracts and you lose Jaric+Hassel's bad contracts. Bibby and Miller would fill holes at PG and C. Wolves would still have a lottery pick to use.

KG would get to play with Artest, Wells, Martin, Garcia, and Shareef. Kings could use the MLE on a player like Lorenzen Wright and since the perimeter would be so crowded maybe they'd trade Garcia+ for a PG like Duhon or Mo Williams. Artest can play PG anyway so I don't think it'd be a huge problem.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #29
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

can the MLE be used two years in a row? i thought u cud only use it every other year. other that that it seems like a good deal, but the kings wud have to get duhon or mo williams to make it a gud deal n keep sum depth. i think that team wud b good, but not great. they wud need a sharpshooter who cud play off of postup guys like artest/bonzi maybe kmart cud do that, mayb not. but im thinkin of like a damon jones type commin off the bench.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:10 PM   #30
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
can the MLE be used two years in a row? i thought u cud only use it every other year. other that that it seems like a good deal, but the kings wud have to get duhon or mo williams to make it a gud deal n keep sum depth. i think that team wud b good, but not great. they wud need a sharpshooter who cud play off of postup guys like artest/bonzi maybe kmart cud do that, mayb not. but im thinkin of like a damon jones type commin off the bench.

Yeah it's the low level exception(the one you only use to sign someone for 1.5 mill) that you can only use once every 2 years.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: